Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » from a new DA soon-to-be fan » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page from a new DA soon-to-be fan
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I do like them all quite a lot, but I would guess the Dogs would have to be my pick today. Maybe because I just saw them and I have never seen DA or the SE live. But I think that as a whole, Mike and Derri singing Terry tunes (and some of their own of course) can't be beat. These guys are an awesome group!

BD

09-22-2002 15:18 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
MartyB
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2002

D A, D A, DA Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by flanfan
Okay, new question. Of DA, Eddies, and Lost Dogs,... who's the best? Or is it too hard because they all have the same lead singer?

-flanfan

My choice would be DA.

Lost Dogs are great - I love the intereaction b/t the guys and I don't mind the country touch at all. And on some songs on _Green Room Serenade_ they sound awfully DA-ish.

SE are great too - a lot of wacky but intelligent lyrics, great music but Terry's "Camarillo" voice grates on me occasionally.

DA has produced the best all around albums IMO - great lyrics, great singing, great playing.

Sorry, but no LD or SE album comes close to _DFBB_!!! Tim is an absoluelty fantastic bass player (he plays on all SE and some LD albums too) and Greg Flesch just floors me on guitar (he's also on the SE albums). Drums I don't have a striong opinion on, but Ed McTaggert does a great job on the DA albums too.

So my humble answer is D A! D A! D A!

MArtyB
09-22-2002 23:49 MartyB is offline Send an Email to MartyB Search for Posts by MartyB Add MartyB to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree with MartyB (hey- that rhymes) - DA will always be my favorite of the three - it might just be familiarity. The craftmanship on the DA albums is superb. Every album is great. Mr. Buechner's Dream is amazing. The LD stuff is great, and IMO is getting better. Real Men Cry is a truly wonderful CD. Can't wait to hear the Green Room Serenade Part Tour. And all the DVDs that BD is going to send me someday Big Grin

09-23-2002 10:48 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » from a new DA soon-to-be fan

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH