Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Bruce Cockburn's Site » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bruce Cockburn's Site
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What an insipid thread.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lost Canine: 09-21-2004 08:56.

09-21-2004 08:55 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, well you were doin' MOST of the sippin', bucko.... Evil

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
09-21-2004 09:42 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 01-11-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have been a big Bruce fan since hearing Dancing In The Dragon's Jaws back in 1985. I then bought Humans, which to me is by far his best work. I now have everything except Breakfast in Bangkok, Dinner in Timbuktu. As much as I like his work, his theology is pretty flaky. It is much more mystical than rational. Regarding his Christmas song on the album Just Another Burning Light, he was asked whether he believed the story happened exactly as portrayed in the Biblical account. He said he didn't know, and that he didn't think it really mattered. He has also said in the past that he doesn't think that the Bible can taken literally. In practice, that usually means not taking it seriously. He has also long been enamored with liberation theology. To his credit, he is consistent on stating that the problem with the world is humans, not institutions, as so many liberal theologians believe.
09-22-2004 06:30 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: FedykRulez
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Bruce Cockburn's Site

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH