Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Uncle Stonehill's Hat review » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Uncle Stonehill's Hat review 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mountain Fan
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
quote:
Originally posted by baxter
Cool post!

My son would have liked that valley too. i remember when we listened to it as a family for the first time. It was great fun. We lent it to some friends in Fresno, though, and never got it back.

Some friends Mad That's why I stopped loaning stuff out Roll Eyes

Is that why your other friends came to watch Donnie Darko at YOUR house? Tongue

Friends Smile ) or FiendsEvil ? One R sure makes a difference!

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-27-2004 12:40 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Ray Ware told us they had the idea for Randy to perform
the songs with different hats to put on....a chef hat for
the Pie song, a pirate hat for the pirate song, etc.
That seemed like a great idea.

I really laughed hard at the "me me me me" song....
"I am learning all kinds of twists and turns and flips,
to kiss myself with my own two lips..."

Terry said he and Randy wrote those songs while
laughing histerically at a Denny's or some place. They
were getting some looks from the other people....

I can imagine it plain as day in my head.

Rob Watson also had a big hand in the music of it
I believe.

We wish the site had done better, but it really was cursed
with only having one item. It is still going of course, but
barely. With very small sales it's difficult to even keep the
site up. It was a great idea that kinda fizzled at least
on the web for lack of support. I think Randy has performed
Uncle Stonehill concerts probably with better success.

PLEASE leave it out there somehow, if possible. Could you move it to a subset of DA or Randy's site and forward all traffic from the original site, or does that not really effectively pass the buck and cost less?

Got a few miles left ...

04-27-2004 12:43 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso
Uncle Stonehill's Hat

I haven't officially reviewed it, but in a nutshell it's okay, with some interesting moments, but the whole thing suffers from an element of flatness and unrealized potential. As an adult I wouldn't listen to it without good reason.

But it's a kid's album - and my kids 7, 5, 3 (my three reasons for listening) - think it's the greatest thing ever. I've had to listen to it over and over and over, and they love it. So if you've got little kids who like silly and lots of songs, you could do much worse that get this.

So there.

It's not the least bit flat! We all need some silliness in our lives (we adults are much too serious ~ that's why Jesus told us to come as a child!) Tongue

Our children can't get enough of this CD. They asked me over and over to listen to it today! Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
04-27-2004 22:07 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Rabbi John Paul Ringo
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-27-2004

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:
Uncle Stonehill's Hat

I haven't officially reviewed it, but in a nutshell it's okay, with some interesting moments, but the whole thing suffers from an element of flatness and unrealized potential. As an adult I wouldn't listen to it without good reason.

But it's a kid's album - and my kids 7, 5, 3 (my three reasons for listening) - think it's the greatest thing ever. I've had to listen to it over and over and over, and they love it. So if you've got little kids who like silly and lots of songs, you could do much worse that get this.

So there.

It's not the least bit flat! We all need some silliness in our lives (we adults are much too serious ~ that's why Jesus told us to come as a child!) Tongue

Our children can't get enough of this CD. They asked me over and over to listen to it today! Big Grin

I was the Rebbe that put ole Randy under the knife, if you know what I mean.

04-27-2004 22:10 Rabbi John Paul Ringo is offline Send an Email to Rabbi John Paul Ringo Search for Posts by Rabbi John Paul Ringo Add Rabbi John Paul Ringo to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Terry said he and Randy wrote those songs while
laughing histerically at a Denny's or some place. They
were getting some looks from the other people....

LOL! Big Grin

I can see 2 grown men laughing their asses off in Denny's with all the serious grown ups shooting them looks! That's great! Big Grin

Musicians Tongue

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
04-27-2004 22:14 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Rabbi John Paul Ringo
quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:
Uncle Stonehill's Hat

So there.

I was the Rebbe that put ole Randy under the knife, if you know what I mean.

Oh, so that's why YOU said you got circumcised 4 times?

Got a few miles left ...

04-28-2004 09:13 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

submission to Parents magazine Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got the following automated out-of-office reply when I submitted the story about "Valley of the Backhoes" to Parent's magazine:

Some of you could add some great stories, I'm sure!

I think I might wait a bit first to see if they publish the brief story I sent before sending this person a link to Uncle Stonehill. Maybe I can wait that long? Frown

=======

Hi,

I received your "Out of the Mouths of Babes" entry and am still
reviewing
it. Please know that we get thousands of entries and will write if
yours is
chosen.

Here's another chance to see your name in the magazine: I'm working on
a
story about 2 and 3 year olds and their attention spans. Has your child
recently given up on something after a short period of time? I'd love
to
hear details.
OR
I'm working on a story tentatively called "10 Tricks that Will Astonish
your
kids forever."
I'm looking for fun examples. Do you have a cool uncle
in the
family who folds napkins in a fun way
? Someone know how to make a coin
disappear? I'm looking for YOUR stories...thanks!

Please email me directly at sfarhat@parentsmagazine.com with stories.

Thanks for writing!
Sincerely,
Kid Quotes editor

Got a few miles left ...

04-28-2004 11:35 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Relax! It's flat as a before picture of Britney. I'm not the only one who noticed when I played it. However, my opinion mean absolutley nothing, since it's my kid's current favourite CD.

And I've never not been acused of being silly. Nice to see I'm taken as a really serious person.

Baxter - no pie hole comments from you. You big galloot.

04-28-2004 17:33 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Yeah we will keep the Unclestonehill.com site up
as long as they tell us to.

We had wanted to link it to the other Randy site or
sell them here on DA.com too. But we were told they
wanted to keep Unclestonehill seperate from the regular
stuff. They didn't want other Randy albums sold there either.

We had intended a lot of games and stuff on there, but
we had a lot of input from them at the begining about
what they wanted on the site. And then it kinda dropped
off.

Originally we had it ask for a password to enter...
lookin for "we don't know anything about a password"
but if you clicked a couple times i would let you in anyway..
they thought it woud be confusing for people...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-29-2004 14:57 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

play Uncle Stonehill's Hat Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just wanted to encourage any other hack guitar players out there that the songs on this CD really aren't too bad to play for the most part. Stick a capo at the 5th fret and use different rhythyms/combinations of A, D, and E, and you will be playing over half the music right away (I think). Of course there are some F#m and Bm occasionally and other such stuff. Shut De Do starts with F and Bb, I think (and yes, dennis, it is a great song. Do you like Jimmy Buffet or Bob Marley. just curious). Beanies and Franks is a lot higher up, maybe about the 10th or twelfth fret or something.

I got all that with just one listen yesterday afternoon while stopping and having interruptions all the while. I had been planning on doing a little other music quietly while it was playing but the loud protest and angry, wrinkled nose of my 2 1/2 year old boy convinced me otherwise.

My Mom sat in the back of our car last Saturday and sang along with the kids on the way to a "spring fling" carnival-type fundraiser for a local church's school. My dad didn't say much, but I could tell he liked the music, especially on Mouse in the House and Toes. (bereal was at a scrapbook event for a well deserved break).

Got a few miles left ...

05-03-2004 09:39 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Uncle Stonehill's Hat review

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH