Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » making of MBD confession » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page making of MBD confession
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
hi there, DaLe -- didn't think i could see ya, did ya. Smile

Shocked not sure why I have it in Ghost MoDe... to lazzy to change it Roll Eyes

05-20-2005 14:07 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
hi Jiminy--

unfortunately, i'm not going to be able to make it this year because of my workload on my day job. Confused

How can it be the Choir without TC playin bottom?

sigh......

apparently the word :"workload" don't mean to you what it means to me...oh- wait , gotta go- boss is lookin

(he heeee)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-20-2005 14:09 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

"How can it be the Choir without TC playin bottom? "

!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked !!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-20-2005 15:37 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Tongue

05-20-2005 15:38 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

heh heh heh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This weekend I got to watch a preview of the Making of MBD DVD with Tim supplying commentary. Audioris... you guys really put in a buttload of work on this one!

I only had two suggestions or thoughts... if you could index the songs they are working on or even just put an index every 3-5 minutes so it's easier to later jump around if would make the DVD more of a useful "tool"- For the guitar nuts there are plenty of fretwork close-ups to freeze-frame and analyze. YEE-HAW!

My only other wish is for a commentary track. He's such a gracious host that I'm sure Tim would invite anyone over who was willing to trek down to Nashville for a private commentary but only if you massage his feet (Oh, THE HORROR of the BUNYIONS!). I don't know how difficult such a thing is to add and I wouldn't expect trying to get everyone together in one room but possibly pleading with Terry or Tim or Berger or Ed or Greg to set up a tape recorder and just talking about what they're seeing and filling in the gaps. Multiple commentary tracks? Who cares if the commentary quality is off a table-top boom box... I know... easy to ask for, difficult to do. Even if it ships out as is it's still worth every penny, giving fans a very full glimpse of what it's like to have been in The Green Room during the recording of this album.

Thanks again for the hard work! I can't wait until this ships and I get to inflict the terror upon my family!

Jasooooooooooooooooooooon
05-23-2005 11:36 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Good to hear our first positive review! Thanks for the comments.

We'd love to do a commentary track.. if the guys felt like they had enough to add. Unfortunately, the interview segments are not as detailed as they could have been - primarily due to a shortage of tape at the time. We'd be more than willing to travel to Nashville and get Tim on DAT if needed... Terry has a digital home recorder now, if he had time to do it. I'm not sure how easy it would be to get Ed & Greg though. If Greg was too busy, we might be able to use some of the interview stuff that isn't in the film.. we actually have more interviews with him than any of the other guys.

On the track IDs... I wonder if you saw an edit before we had track IDs in it? For a long time, I don't think any of the edits we made had a single ID in it. The last one or two should have though.

One question I was wondering about... what do you think about putting text on the screen letting folks know what song is currently being worked on? Think that might be necessary or completely worthless? I'm sure it's obvious to most of you guys - but, I'm just wondering about the more "casual fan."

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-23-2005 13:22 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Absolutely wonderful! Yes to several questions.

First, we can add a commentary track. I seriously doubt we
could get everyone involved...maybe we could drive down to
Nashvegas and get some of Tim's input and maybe if Terry
happened to be there. But Terry is swamped in cartoon land.

We had at one time joked about adding an entirely useless
commentary track...such as just stating what is seen on screen..
"Man playing guitar." "Man walking." "Man walking with guitar."
"Man talking and moving his hands." Or this could of been done
with subtitles as well..like phonographs for the deaf.

As for indexing.. we do have some markers at various spots
in the film so you can jump from section to section. You saying
you want more? Or are you talking about a text type index or
label that tells you what song they are working on? Or both?
You just want a marker at the beginnng of each song segment?

We actually have done some more work to it since Tim's copy,
the menu looks nothing like that anymore, and we have some
nice interview footage of Greg and a few other odds and ends.

We had wanted to render a new copy and bring it down for
the party, but just couldn't pull it off.

05-23-2005 13:24 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

See..we think alike.

05-23-2005 13:25 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E

I'm thinking of a Jeopardy question here.... Confused ....

Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-23-2005 13:43 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E

So then was that a cross-dressing Tim playing bass on Wide-Eyed Wonder? Confused

05-23-2005 14:21 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

I think you should put as much commentary, hidden tracks, and easter eggs on the DVD as possible. What's another few weeks' delay?!

Seriously though, I think text on the screen letting us know what song is currently being worked on is a good idea but I would only have it flash for 4 or 5 seconds at the beginning of the segment...not through the entire thing.

05-23-2005 14:25 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Administrator

It would be simple to add semitranslucent text titles for a few
seconds. At this point, we hope nothing should take us weeks
to do for this project. We are kinda tying up loose ends.
Out of any of these ideas, the only one tha would take time would
be the commentary track simply because of schedules.

Tim, what would you think about doing this one weekend?

05-23-2005 14:41 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler

hmmmm. if there's any commentary on it at all, it really should be terry's, don't you think? i think it would be a little odd if i were the only one to do commentary.
05-23-2005 15:32 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler

terry and i could watch it at the exact same time, thousands of miles from each other and do it over a conference call? Confused
05-23-2005 15:34 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

Girlie BOy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I didn't check to see if there were any indexes, just wanting to add that if there weren't maybe it would be nice to have some.

The song titles would be nice on the screen but not necessary. If you don't know the songs you probably aren't going to buy the DVD.

And I agree that it would be inappropriate to have only Tim's commentary but that said, if it came down to just one commentary not from Terry or none at all, I'd take a commentary any day!

Just a thought on getting two or more together for a commentary (because it's weird to talk into a tape recorder) but if you set up recording devices at two homes and had the band members call each other to talk... "start the dvd on three..." Of course it would help if the recording devices were in the homes of the band members and even better would be in the same room.

And I'm all for a commentary by Berger or someone you plucked off the street.
05-23-2005 15:50 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
Administrator

Yeah not sure of the best way to do it, the best option is all 4 guys
in the same room. But if thats not a reality in the next few weeks,
then one or two would be pretty good. Movie commentaries usually
don't have every actor represented, but a couple.

Not sure, maybe we can contact Terry and see if he has any ideas.

05-23-2005 16:23 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » making of MBD confession

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH