Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » ??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page ???
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
eddie p eddie p is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 09-30-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's weird.
A couple of months ago I was watching 50 Firsat Dates with Adam Sandler.
The movie ended and I went to take a dump.
While I was in the bathroom the end credits were playing and God Only Knows came on.
I felt like I had just heard the song as well. It's a masterpice, and I don't like the Beach Dudes. That's probably the only one I like by them.
So I went out and printed the lyrics up and I've been in the process of trying to cover it. It goes so many different places. It's beautiful and I can think of a lot worse songs to be feeling like you heard for the first time.
How'd you like to all of a sudden be really into SWEET HOME ALABAMA>
I hate the ducking song with a passion. I want to destroy things when I'm offended with that piece of crapola.
I think that's probably what hell is like.
Forget about fire and brimstone, just put on copies of LENNERDSKINNNERD and have them playing for all of eternity. That is pure satanic horror.
nuffsaidthankyouverymuchandimsorryifioffendedanyonewithmyfoulmouth

07-28-2006 00:23 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Shocked Red Face

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by eddie p: 07-28-2006 00:27.

07-28-2006 00:23 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Cool Big Grin Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by eddie p: 07-28-2006 00:26.

tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler

hey, eddie p! how ya doin'?

great responses from everyone. this is an interesting subject (to me, at least) and, evidently, something a lot of us (most of us?) have in common.
and for me it's not nostalgia and not even just the song. it's the sound of Carl Wilson's voice I can't stop listening to.

if you haven't listened to "Darlin'" for a while, fire that one up as well!
07-28-2006 09:37 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
gator77da gator77da is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

images/avatars/avatar-342.gif

Registration Date: 01-15-2005

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler

great responses from everyone. this is an interesting subject (to me, at least) and, evidently, something a lot of us (most of us?) have in common.
and for me it's not nostalgia and not even just the song. it's the sound of Carl Wilson's voice I can't stop listening to.

All jesting aside, the dude does have a nice sound to his voice.

07-28-2006 10:27 gator77da is offline Send an Email to gator77da Search for Posts by gator77da Add gator77da to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

dennis
I burst into tears ALL to often - like when I take my lil one to the park - she plays - I got the mp3 on..and bam - a certain song will just end me off..

so - just how depressed am I , good doctor??
(they arent sad tears- necessarily.)

I had to literally pull over a week ago during Mark Heards -

I'm a Broken Man
an Outcast on the Outskirts
of the Promised land-

it was too much!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-28-2006 11:11 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

At a certain point, novelty gets old. That's why marketers focus on the same 18-30 demographic even as more people approach retirement age. You start to appreciate what is good rather than what is just new. Good art takes a while to dig in and take root.

Next time it happens, I'll try to count how many times in a row I can listen to "Drunk on the Tears" or "What's Come over Me."
07-28-2006 11:46 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler

Hey Tim.
Well things are actually at an all time high.
Carl Wilson's voice was very beautiful.
I don't think I've ever heard Darlin. I'll have to look that one up.
Is it on Pet Sounds?

07-28-2006 19:05 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

nope- not on Pet Sounds

..and I am not familiar with it either...
Eddie- we be on a Quest- you and Me!!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-30-2006 00:29 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Found it
Darlin - Wild Honey - 1967

07-30-2006 02:25 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

The Divinyls' I Touch Myself does all sorts of things to me!
Big Grin

07-30-2006 20:54 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » ???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH