Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » 77's dvd » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77's dvd
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
Who is/was actually #77 of the green bay packers?

There you go again, MF. Asking a question that you and everybody else knows the answer to.... tsk tsk tsk.....Cullen Jenkins rules the NFL....quit being silly, MF. Be real. Tongue

i've never heard of him.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

12-11-2007 07:22 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
There you go again, MF. Asking a question that you and everybody else knows the answer to.... tsk tsk tsk.....Cullen Jenkins rules the NFL....quit being silly, MF. Be real. Tongue

Well, not everybody. I lack the sports gene. Sports is good for one thing though, putting me to sleep. Wink

12-11-2007 18:08 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
quote:

I have access to the net, so I guess I should have known about him Tongue Big Grin

Are the packers fans really called cheese heads? Why not fish breath or something more associated with the packing industry? Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
12-13-2007 09:21 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
quote:
quote:

I have access to the net, so I guess I should have known about him Tongue Big Grin

Are the packers fans really called cheese heads? Why not fish breath or something more associated with the packing industry? Big Grin

Everybody that resides in Wisconsin are cheese heads. Not just Packer fans. It is due to the dairy industry. You cross the border and the gas stations stop advertising beer, soda and snacks. Instead they advertise beer, sausage and cheese. Cheese is in their blood. It was a sad day when my brother moved to Milwaukee. Hey, that reminds me of a song...

Unfortunately, I could only find a portion of the lyrics.

The Hey Der Milwaukee Polka by Johnny and the Leisure Suits
You say you don’t like Illinois
Try to keep us where we are
We’re really such a friendly state
So we hop into our cars
And we drive across your border
Pick up women big and heavy
And beat up men with big foreheads like bumpers from a Chevy

Hey der polka boy go home and suck a beer
Hey der bratwurst-head, go drive your old John Deere
Ja hey keep the women away
The smell will make you cry
Hey der, ho der ja hey hey
Stay in Milwaukee and die
Ja, hey der, ho der, ja hey hey
Stay in Milwaukee and die...

DISCLAIMER - I have nothing against people from Wisconsin. My Grandparents were from there and my mom grew up there. I also went to summer camp in East Troy. Had many great experiences in the state.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
12-13-2007 09:46 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

this coming from a man who actually calls himself
"Sprinklerhead"

keep that in mind Red Face

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-13-2007 09:55 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

get the living water from the sprinklerhead Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
12-13-2007 10:05 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
this coming from a man who actually calls himself
"Sprinklerhead"

keep that in mind Red Face

Big Grin

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
12-13-2007 10:17 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

This isn't a comment about the 77s DVD so much as it's about the recent "99" CD. I'm glad I have it and there's a good selection of songs to be had, but what in the world is going on with the audio mix, specifically Mike's vocals all hard-panned to the left?
12-13-2007 10:51 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Obviously, I don't know, but I'm assuming it was straight to DAT or MiniDisc from the board. I noticed the hard pan, too, but when it was announced, I assumed that it wasn't a multi-track recording, so I figured it would have some minor anomolies...

I noticed also that the delay on Mike's voice (especially on "Snowblind") echos left, then right, which is typical for a stereo effects processor, but then begs the question why, from the soundboard, wasn't the lead vocal dead center?

I don't really care or anything, just curious. It's a great release, with a great performance, by a great band!

When I first heard the Laramie performance (from this tour, I think), the first few songs have almost no vocal, but it really got me to listen to how tight the band was, and I think I enjoy it almost as much as anything I've heard from the 7's. But then, when the vocals are turned up for the house (Mike tells the soundman to do so), it's even better.

I know Mike tends to be critical of his performances, but, man they really kicked on this tour!

12-13-2007 11:33 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » 77's dvd

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH