Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Shotgun Angel "mostly Christian lyrics" » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shotgun Angel "mostly Christian lyrics"
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jon eddies jon eddies is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 10-29-2007

Big Grin Keep helpin the little guy! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you just keep buying up those CD's. The little man has to eat too. It seems like most of the artists we all support are the true "artists". There are of course a lucky few who actually do pretty well and create art...Switchfoot comes to mind. Hey as an aside there was a tune on their first "big" CD Beautiful Letdown that was tied to the same TS Elliot Poem that inspired Hollow Man.
Anyway.
Art for the sake of art is ahrd enough to get people to buy, and then add a Christian world view to it and it's even worse.
It's like that VOL tune Vincent:
"If you're gonna talk about sin and redemption, you better bring your thickest skin" or something like that. Another one of these artists.
04-03-2008 22:13 jon eddies is offline Send an Email to jon eddies Search for Posts by jon eddies Add jon eddies to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

From the blog... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"TERRY TAYLOR'S REPRESENTATIVE
REQUESTED THIS DOWNLOAD BE REMOVED,
WHICH I HAVE DONE.
HOWEVER I WAS NOT TOLD
WHERE THIS FINE ALBUM CAN BE PURCHASED,
TOO BAD YOU CAN'T ENJOY IT!!"

04-03-2008 22:40 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr Rich
Thumb Up! RE: Keep helpin the little guy! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jon eddies
It's like that VOL tune Vincent:
"If you're gonna talk about sin and redemption, you better bring your thickest skin" or something like that. Another one of these artists.

Best VOL song, EVER! Pleased

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 04-04-2008 06:25.

04-04-2008 06:24 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

RE: From the blog... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
"TERRY TAYLOR'S REPRESENTATIVE
REQUESTED THIS DOWNLOAD BE REMOVED,
WHICH I HAVE DONE.
HOWEVER I WAS NOT TOLD
WHERE THIS FINE ALBUM CAN BE PURCHASED,
TOO BAD YOU CAN'T ENJOY IT!!"

He has never heard of ebay? Or Radrockers? Tongue

04-04-2008 06:26 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thats the unfortunate part, occassionally a fan thinks they are helping by 'making an album available'. Terry's management has shut down some pretty shady people that were making money off of Terry's music, and occassionally its a situation like this were the person is just inadvertently hurting while trying to help.

04-04-2008 10:12 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the song Shotgun Angel wasnt even written by Terry..my guess is the Good Dr rewrote the line himself.

right by nada?

and as far as S/A being made available on a blog no one knows of til ya poke a hole in the endless google searches..

technically yes its illegal..
but so is this :

there was a big lawsuit about who Owns Marylin..in this case not even the photographer who took the pictures..and I just infringed ona copyright by putting it here.

and today - not the guy who actually played that monster organ on Whiter Shade of Pale.

to simply say '
"Cuz its illegal"......its true without a doubt..

just like the bible saying "Thou shalt not Kill"

now who kicked the can?

Jerry could get in loads of trouble as his "Public file" fills up with TSTS produced things...that are so OOP you'll probably never see them again - except for kind souls who digitize them from LPs and or cassettes.

S/A falls in a different catagory of course..but to say the line aint gray??- well- it is.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 04-04-2008 12:10.

04-04-2008 12:08 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Thats the unfortunate part, occassionally a fan thinks they are helping by 'making an album available'. Terry's management has shut down some pretty shady people that were making money off of Terry's music, and occassionally its a situation like this were the person is just inadvertently hurting while trying to help.

thats true- if someones makin booty..well , they are a pirate.
its an issue that won't end til the lights go out for us all.

(recently read the "STAND"...and waiting with bated breath.)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 04-04-2008 12:20.

04-04-2008 12:12 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

We'll worry about illegal Marylin pictures when we're trying to raise money for Marylin. Something being illegal doesn't necessarily make it wrong morally (just as everything that is wrong morally isn't necessarily illegal). But, I have seen no case where illegal and/or unauthorized downloads have helped us sell anything. On the other hand, I have seen where it has hurt. Anything that hurts sales = less money for DA. Less money for DA = fewer releases, fewer new albums.

PS: The blogger was given more information than what he says here. While it is currently out of print, thats not always going to be the case. It was rereleased just a few years ago and will be again. Everyone who pours money into those reissues needs demand to be as strong as possible.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-04-2008 21:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

that as my point- that S/A may not be the best example of a "long and forgotten obscure " work.

Its realy tuff - because there are works that are way too small and hung up in litigation to ever be redone
- and no one but a kind soul who has :
a. kept the LP and or cassette
b. the technology to digitize it-
c. packed it in a zip file and shared it - without profit.

that will keep that great music we love alive, and generate any new interest in this small market.
Its even on this board where we talk about works by an artist in that "anyone remember this tune by that old CCM wonder???" only to find out that there is no way to even hear again what your talking about-
thats a frustrating thing.
Even in the case of say, Beuchners work- a lot of it is out of print. So some of the understanding we try to gleen from that Recording is in itself- hard to find out more about - let alone obtain.

Also with these recordings- the originator has long ago seen all his profit (if any) unless he can get it back and repackage it.

Thats where you guys really are providing a great service- not only finding, buying(or dealing) to make these available again- but also digging up extra tracks- bonus info etc.)I applaud you-because its a lot of work
-for a pretty small market in the scheme of things.

Sharing obscure material by these artists will never go away- it all (as I've said) is a matter of conscience on how far one wants to go to "spread the good news" via this music we love..but cant seem to ever hear freely.

04-06-2008 11:59 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We'll worry about illegal Marylin pictures when we're trying to raise money for Marylin.

so its only illegal when your trying to make money..? (instead of someone else?)
or is the law the law?
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

ok - no more smarty stuff- I knew what you meant.

I hope you do understand that as lovers of this genre of music- its tuff when we are asked to keep a lid on everything until its "officially released"

I have DFBB- but there are faithful fans here that STILL have not heard this pinnacle 1987 release- not even once.

04-06-2008 12:15 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
We'll worry about illegal Marylin pictures when we're trying to raise money for Marylin.

so its only illegal when your trying to make money..? (instead of someone else?)
or is the law the law?
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

ok - no more smarty stuff- I knew what you meant.

I hope you do understand that as lovers of this genre of music- its tuff when we are asked to keep a lid on everything until its "officially released"

I have DFBB- but there are faithful fans here that STILL have not heard this pinnacle 1987 release- not even once.

the only "legal" copy of dfbb i have is a cassette tape..........
i have about 3 cd-rs of that one........
and i will buy 2 when a legit cd is available online that will benefit the band...... Cool

bobd

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Strange Animal: 04-06-2008 19:29.

04-06-2008 19:28 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I am buying two copies as well.

04-06-2008 19:58 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

"mostly christian lyrics"????
Man, this record gives God alllllllllllll the gllllllllllory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hearing it the first time today, and I'm already quite fond of it.
A very cheeky record with great orchestral parts.

More of a "review" in a day or two...

04-07-2008 18:55 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

^That was my point! Tongue

04-07-2008 19:52 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Shotgun Angel "mostly Christian lyrics"

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH