Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Where can I find Shotgun Angel on CD? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Where can I find Shotgun Angel on CD?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Buck Forester Buck Forester is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 09-20-2009

Where can I find Shotgun Angel on CD? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm sure this has been asked 1.2 beeeellion times, but I searched "Shotgun Angel" and didn't find anything. Is this sold on CD? I checked eBay and Amazon and some other sites. Gracias, - El Bucko
09-20-2009 20:10 Buck Forester is offline Send an Email to Buck Forester Search for Posts by Buck Forester Add Buck Forester to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool RE: Where can I find Shotgun Angel on CD? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://music.shop.ebay.com/CDs-/307/i.ht...d=p3286.c0.m282

http://www.google.com/products?q=shotgun...=N&hl=en&tab=wf

buy the marantha! version, not m8...
and no i am not the seller.. Tongue

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 09-20-2009 22:37.

09-20-2009 22:31 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
DrDanAmos DrDanAmos is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-628.gif

Registration Date: 09-06-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

what is wrong with the M8 version?

upload photos to paste code
09-30-2009 23:52 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's just kind of a crappy version.
Poor quality.
It does have the radio show with it, which is kinda cool.

10-01-2009 05:26 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

if it weren't for the M8 versions out there, i probably wouldn't have shotgun angel at all or LRRH on CD. crappy though they may be, they sound better than a wore-out cassette or scratched-up LP.

the DA SA era is not my favorite and i don't listen to it much. if it's your favorite DA album or something then you may be better off paying the price for the maranatha version.

i have gotten pretty good digital transfers from good to new condition LPs or cassettes too so that might be an option if you have the gear or a friend that does and could pick up the LP/cassette cheap. probably not worth it to pay for a transfer, though.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-01-2009 11:52 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Buck Forester Buck Forester is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 09-20-2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by Buck Forester

Thanks so much! I had already checked ebay and a couple places but I was hoping Daniel Amos was selling stuff directly. I guess I don't understand the dynamics of the industry but I would've thought they would have studio produced CDs of this old stuff. I wouldn't think it would cost much to hit "burn disc" from the original recordings, ha! I'd pay upwards of $30 for a studio CD, but I can't go $99 for a recording of an album. I've got a lot of good Christian CDs from those days (the best music days in my opinion), from Larry Norman, Keith Green, Church Gerard, etc., and Daniel Amos' Shotgun Angel was one of my favorites. I saw them in concert at Warehouse Ministries in Sacramento back in those days. So fun!
10-04-2009 23:13 Buck Forester is offline Send an Email to Buck Forester Search for Posts by Buck Forester Add Buck Forester to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

There is an effort underway to get everything rereleased.. a deluxe reissue series. We've had three so far including Imaginarium - unfortunately, its often painfully slow usually due to legal issues and/or funding. There is also a desire to do it right and not rush everything out like M8 wanted to do. Things are always moving though and there are always several things being worked on. Shotgun Angel is probably one of the easier ones to do, but the extra funds just need to be in place to make it happen.

Until then, I'd agree with what else has been said... Ebay is the best bet and try not to get the M8 version.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-05-2009 09:38 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

The M8 version was made from a CDR master that was given to them, which they tried to EQ or "master" on some PC which resulted in sonic degredation. The same with "Little Red Riding Hood" which was even worse because songs that were once connected are now seperated by a one or two second gap. Another poor PC mastering artifact. The Dogs wouldn't even sell that CD and told us to throw them out. I remember making that call, the Dogs were on tour and were told the CD turned out like garbage, they had us ship them some while they were on tour and Mike called us at home and they were not pleased.

Both "Daniel Amos" and "Darn Floor" on the otherhand were digitally remastered and that is what we want to do with each album, also expand the artwork as well. It costs to not cut corners and do things right.

10-05-2009 09:47 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

I have bought at gemm

here is shotgun angel the original maranatha version (expensive but not that bad compare to ebay(over 100) and amazon (over 85))

http://www.gemm.com/item/AMOS-c-DANIEL/S...L/GML263053440/

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by pegotico: 11-15-2009 18:59.

11-15-2009 18:53 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
bein heinni
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-12-2004

I gots me my own harem of "Shotgun Angels" Pleased

Benny Hinn, evangelist extraordinaire
Toufik Benedictus Hinn born in Jaffa, Israel
11-23-2009 13:02 bein heinni is offline Search for Posts by bein heinni Add bein heinni to your Buddy List
josh1v9
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 12-08-2009

shotgun angel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i managed to get my maranatha release on e-bay for 39.99 and just found a copy at a local used music store for $6.00 sold it to one of my DA fan friends at my cost. man am i a good friend... Copies are out there if you have the time (and money) to hunt for them...
12-08-2009 15:37 josh1v9 is offline Search for Posts by josh1v9 Add josh1v9 to your Buddy List
Dreifort Dreifort is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 12-24-2009

I bought a copy of Shotgun Angel back in late 80s when it was originally released on CD. 7-10 yrs ago I burned it down to mp3 format on my computer and tossed the CD in a box somewhere. I remember taking a large box of CDs to a used CD store several yrs ago and recently started jamming out to some classic DA on my computer and started wondering what I did with that original CD when I noticed it was going for near $100 or more on Amazon and eBay.... I paniced and wondered if I sold it for $1 to the used CD store!

Luckily the classics I loved on CD...I kept the CDs as collectors items (DA, David & the Giants, Phil Keaggy, Steve Camp, etc...)

So I still have my original issue CD. I was near age 20 when I bought it in the late 80s...but I loved it...even though the music was 10 yrs old.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dreifort: 12-24-2009 23:59.

12-24-2009 23:58 Dreifort is offline Search for Posts by Dreifort Add Dreifort to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Text Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This was a bit of a trip down memory lane. I had forgotten that Little Red Riding Hood got the M8 "treatment" as well. Nice to have the recent reissue instead.
04-04-2021 07:36 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

I managed to avoid any of the M8 releases except "Live at Cornerstone 2K". At least it wasn't a re-release of a studio album!

www.smashthatcomputer.com
04-05-2021 16:50 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

That's an album I don't have. Was it only on M8, or was there another release?
04-06-2021 14:16 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Where can I find Shotgun Angel on CD?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH