Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Darn Mork, Big Tickle » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Darn Mork, Big Tickle
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
fidough
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 02-06-2014

Darn Mork, Big Tickle Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GorgFtCqPEs&feature=youtu.be
08-03-2014 15:55 fidough is offline Search for Posts by fidough Add fidough to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

man, and all i got is grandchildren... :-)

if tickling is a lighthearted way to signify the momentary bond of two souls, and if the inability to tickle (due to abuse or fear or anger, etc) signifies the inability be so bonded... what's going to happen when we all show up in heaven?

Psalm 119:83
08-03-2014 20:56 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
fidough
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by fidough
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

lots of tickling as well as worship around the crystal sea?
08-03-2014 22:34 fidough is offline Search for Posts by fidough Add fidough to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by sondance
man, and all i got is grandchildren... :-)

if tickling is a lighthearted way to signify the momentary bond of two souls, and if the inability to tickle (due to abuse or fear or anger, etc) signifies the inability be so bonded... what's going to happen when we all show up in heaven?

A very intriguing question, and it brings to mind two things which I had never previously considered in the context of one another:

First, I have never enjoyed being tickled, that I can recall. I certainly didn't enjoy it when, well into my early teen years, my stepfather would wrestle me to the floor and forcibly tickle me in the abdomen until it actually hurt. Certainly no "bonding" ever occurred there. I'm sure I would still flinch if anyone ever made a move like they were going to try to tickle me.

On the other hand: Somewhere around 25 years ago, during a time in which I had been experiencing a bit of insecurity with regard to my relationship with and place in the Body of Christ, I visited a Vineyard home fellowship with a friend. During the main group prayer time, I sleepily drifted into an altered state of consciousness, during which, in my mind's eye, I saw myself ascending a vast white marble/pearlescent staircase, at the top of which was enthroned the bright glory of God the Father. At His right hand, of course, was seated our Lord Jesus, who, upon seeing me, joyously leapt from his throne and ran down the stairs to meet and embrace me. However, upon wrapping his arms around my torso, he began to vigorously tickle me until I could not control my laughter.

Not sure if there's any deep meaning to any of this. I still have personal negative feelings about tickling, but I'm sure I wouldn't mind it if Jesus was the one doing it...
08-03-2014 22:46 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
fidough
Woolly Eggwhisk

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What a cool vision! SOON.
08-03-2014 23:50 fidough is offline Search for Posts by fidough Add fidough to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

astounding, Wakaman! my wife's brother tickled her when they were kids and she hates it now. it seems to get tied to a sense of trespass, and I would guess in a very complicated sort of psychology. in heaven all that "psychology" is healed and in full engagement. i doubt any of us can conceive of what that will be like socially or personally. but Jesus tickling us is a great and surprising metaphor that stands on its head so much of our sanctimonious impressions. what if Jesus is laughing all the while He reviews my life in the judgment of the saints? He alone can laugh it off if He chooses to and indeed much of my misbehavior must be downright silly to Him.

08-04-2014 11:58 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
fidough
Woolly Eggwhisk

My wife hates tickling, and she was violated terribly when she was younger.
I used to have a hard time refraining from tickling, but there are so many other things that we can do together.

I like the laughter in judgement idea. He doesn't have to look stern to prove that he takes our sin seriously. He has already proven that beyond doubt.
08-04-2014 12:06 fidough is offline Search for Posts by fidough Add fidough to your Buddy List
fidough
Woolly Eggwhisk

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tell us again about the tears of a clown, Smokey.
08-11-2014 19:31 fidough is offline Search for Posts by fidough Add fidough to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Crying Crying Crying

08-11-2014 20:05 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Ceremonial Kernel

we admire many celebrities and probably deplore more of them... but there are very few we like as we did Mr. Williams. sheesh, that glows with warmth. that kind of darkness is just evil.

08-11-2014 22:29 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Darn Mork, Big Tickle

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH