Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Tim Chandler » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tim Chandler
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Michial
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 09-28-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I knew Tim a bit--we'd chat on the phone from time to time after my podcast did an episode on DA's Kalhoun. I texted him after I went to see The Choir on their Circle Slide anniversary tour a few years ago, where Roe played bass. I told Tim that Roe did a fine job but that it wasn't the same without him. He called me back almost immediately and told me how Roe was ten times the bassist Tim was, and that I wasn't missing anything. (Absurd.) So at least we know he approved of his replacement!
09-10-2019 08:27 Michial is offline Send an Email to Michial Homepage of Michial Search for Posts by Michial Add Michial to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Michial: swirly77
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Audiori J
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tim was a world class bassist literally, at his memorial they talked about how he won some contests even as a kid. Roe doesn't even come close.

09-10-2019 10:41 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Tim was a world class bassist literally, at his memorial they talked about how he won some contests even as a kid. Roe doesn't even come close.

And we all know what Mike needs to be doing.

09-10-2019 13:37 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

A year ago. Time flies and it sux eggs with internal glowing warmness.

10-09-2019 16:32 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Things have been tough lately. Also, I've been reading Richard Rohr's The Universal Christ.

I was listening to to "Banquet at the World's End" just now.When I heard Tim's bass at the end of the instrumental break, I broke down crying.

I believe I will one day see him, finally, at last, to thank him face to face.
02-03-2022 00:33 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Jimmy, Tim was the only member of DA that I ever saw play live. (Phil Keaggy/Randy Stonehill Band) In one of the online chats I made some comments about the poor bass sound in that concert and he gave a great reply!
That, and a couple of other online interactions made him the one member that I felt that I "knew" a little. Since that time I have Jerry as a Facebook friend, which has been great, but like you, I long to meet him face to face one day.....
Hope things are going better for you. Things are not so great for me as well. Day to day.

www.smashthatcomputer.com
03-06-2022 23:32 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Well brothers i dont know what is going on but I know Someone who does. I will pray with and for you.

03-07-2022 23:14 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Thank you, Ron. I appreciate that. As Wayne says, day to day. Prayers for you both.
03-08-2022 10:24 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Thanks guys. You are awesome!

03-09-2022 02:36 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Just listening to "Jesus Wept" this evening. Tim Chandler is proof that God loves us.
09-30-2023 22:14 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Amen to that! I watched through "Instruction Through Film" again just yesterday.

10-01-2023 03:25 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Mr. Tim...sigh...I can't figure out whether I should stick around to eventually meet some grandkids or have another great conversation with you in a brighter place. I'm glad it is not my decision.
10-01-2023 19:22 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

I would love to see him play in a DA concert...one more time...
The smile and the gleam in his eye.
Owning the stage when he played.
Impossible riffs that shouldn't work, but did.

I even miss Berger!

01-28-2024 14:58 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Happy Frown Crying Happy
02-02-2024 09:45 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Tim's birthday today......

02-02-2024 20:15 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Tim Chandler

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH