Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAconomics » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DAconomics
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by beatlenut
Sorry guys for venting here. I know it is not your fault that my first disc was lost in the mail. I know you guys are just volunteers basically helping out the cause. Maybe you could get some kids to help. I ordered some CD's from Australia from the Paul Colman Trio fan website and the young lady got them to me in a week all the way from Australia! These kids don't have other jobs to interfere like us grown ups do Big Grin Not sure if she is high school or college age.

Hmm... time to have kids I guess.... I can feel my internal order-filling-clock ticking away..

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-10-2003 01:03 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Um... how about not venting against the store here in public!!!!! Aren't we really all here for DA, how is publicly criticizing going to help their ministry? We all know Audiori's are busy, things take time, get over it. If you don't like it, don't order. If you enjoy supporting DA in this way, order some more. We also know that they are very honorable in replacing things lost in the mail, or in giving huge breaks on items/adding new product when they don't have to. Lets back off people. Vent to them personally if you must, but get the dirty laundry back in the house!

06-10-2003 19:33 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

I apologized. And now I remember why I don't come here very often. I'm out of here.
06-10-2003 21:36 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Confused

06-10-2003 22:19 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Was it something I said, cause if so, I'm sorry for offending you.

06-10-2003 22:33 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

A quick return to respond (gotta turn off that notification to replies!)

It's been approx 8 weeks since I ordered in "in stock" CD. I sent emails to the guys and it took them a few emails (and weeks) to figure out that the CD was sent and must have got lost in the mail. I appreciate that a new one will be sent, but it was 2 weeks ago when they said it would be put in the mail. I then sent another email and didn't receive a response within a week. That is why I posted here. Hoping the guys were here on the board and maybe I could get a response. I know they are busy with real jobs and lives, but I wish I would have been told that when they told me the CD would be dropped in the mail that it would be weeks before that would occur. I had a choice, I could have ordered from Christiandiscs.com, but I wanted to support Randy directly. I'm just glad my daughter has no clue that she will be getting this CD. At 6 years old she has less patience than I have! I do keep giving my guitars for set-up work to a guy that always keeps them for weeks at a time (my current one he has had for 7 weeks). I guess I should be used to waiting. I'm really trying to be nice about this.

I have held off in purchasing Terry's solo CD and the 77's Direct because of past experiences with the webstores. I've been checking Evil Bay for these with no luck. Maybe someday I will break down and buy from the webstores again.
06-11-2003 06:36 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Maybe someday I will break down and buy from the webstores again.

I'm sorry to say this, but I've been hearing this allot lately. Frown

Personally, I've only had one problem with the store and that was quite a while back.

Sometimes it's easier to get the audiori's attention here on the board then in the tons of emails they get. I don't blame you for trying to get answers here. Hopefully the store will get back up to speed, but it sounds like they could use some help.... how to help them? I wouldn't know.

Hopefully you'll hang around on the DAmb for the fellowship and fun and of course the DA topics. Smile

BD
06-11-2003 11:56 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:

I know they are busy with real jobs and lives, but I wish I would have been told that when they told me the CD would be dropped in the mail that it would be weeks before that would occur.

Normally, it would have been re-shipped immediately... at the moment though, we're up to our necks in Fan Club discs, Prickly Heats and regular orders. As we said before, we have had to make the fan club discs by hand... this has been extremely time consuming and has slowed everything else down. The goal is to not have anyone waiting on any of the above things when we see them at Cstone. We've also been doing some emergency work on a Cstone release.. which had a deadline we had to meet, otherwise it wouldn't make it for the festival.

quote:

I have held off in purchasing Terry's solo CD and the 77's Direct because of past experiences with the webstores. I've been checking Evil Bay for these with no luck. Maybe someday I will break down and buy from the webstores again.

I'd love to hear about your "past experiences" (not on board, because most of these people don't care). Nine times out of ten when we hear comments like this, people are talking about things that happened years before we took over either of the stores or a pre-order mess which we had nothing to do with.

Normally, things ship out within 24 hours. Thats the way it is most of the year, and has been since we started. We generally answer email very quickly as well. I've already went over (and over) the delays we had at the first of the year and everyone knows what that was about. Now, we have the fan club stuff and Prickly Heat which is slowing everything down. Once those are out of the way, we should be back up to speed.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-11-2003 12:22 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

[QUOTE]Originally posted by audiori

I'd love to hear about your "past experiences" (not on board, because most of these people don't care). [/QUOTE/]

Please keep it off board....I think everyone's views on this have been well documented Big Grin

Let's Have Fun!!! Whooooooa Nellly!!!!!!!!! Big Grin

06-11-2003 12:28 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Administrator

Help wanted... maybe... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BD
... it sounds like they could use some help.... how to help them? I wouldn't know.

We're actually discussing one idea that would help us a lot in the future - it would especially be helpful in preventing the the situation we're in right now.

We're still talking it over and haven't really ran it by everyone yet - but if anyone has some extra time on their hands and would like some extra work.. let us know. It's a lot of work for no money, but you will get some of the glory we obviously get... and love from your fellow man, of course.

06-11-2003 12:40 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Holy @^$#%^!!! They actually @^$#% asked for help! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
We're still talking it over and haven't really ran it by everyone yet - but if anyone has some extra time on their hands and would like some extra work.. let us know. It's a lot of work for no money, but you will get some of the glory we obviously get... and love from your fellow man, of course.

FINALLY! Hallelujah! Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-11-2003 12:54 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
- but if anyone has some extra time on their hands and would like some extra work.. let us know. It's a lot of work for no money, but you will get some of the glory we obviously get... and love from your fellow man, of course.

what's the job description? and i'll let you know if i want to....

06-11-2003 12:56 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
quote:
- but if anyone has some extra time on their hands and would like some extra work.. let us know. It's a lot of work for no money, but you will get some of the glory we obviously get... and love from your fellow man, of course.

Well, at this point.. just let us know if you're interested in some extra work and relieving some of the pressure on the webstores. Once we've discussed it further with everyone involved, we'll get back to everyone thats interested with details and see if anyone still wants to do it. It wouldn't be a full time job, but would definitely take some time and work... and it would actually go a long way in relieving both our shipping and email burdens.

06-11-2003 13:04 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
quote:

Well, at this point.. just let us know if you're interested in some extra work and relieving some of the pressure on the webstores. Once we've discussed it further with everyone involved, we'll get back to everyone thats interested with details and see if anyone still wants to do it. It wouldn't be a full time job, but would definitely take some time and work... and it would actually go a long way in relieving both our shipping and email burdens.

interestedPleased but need more info Confused before i agree...shoot me an email Big Grin

06-11-2003 13:09 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by carl
FINALLY! Hallelujah! Big Grin

Well, we've known for a long time that things had to change.. we've been discussing a number of things with JT in the last six months that, if we can get them fixed, should prevent a lot of delays in the future. New funding systems, new international shipping systems (which will be in place any day now...we're just waiting on a big box of customs forms to arrive), new fan club stuff, new webstore designs, etc, etc... we're planning on "starting over," in a sense, after Cornerstone.

As far as not asking for help goes... the problem has always been "how would someone help?" I mean, we've had people offer to help answer email... which would be great - BUT, they would not have access to order information, which would mean that they would have to contact us, ask about the order, we'd have to look it up and get back to them, then that person would have to write back to the person that asked. That would probably cause more problems than it would solve, and really wouldn't relieve our email burdens at all.

We've also had a lot of people offer to help with all of the fun stuff, but very little of the real work..

But.. if this new idea takes off... it would help us a lot and it would be very easy for someone to do it "on their own" for the most part.

06-11-2003 13:23 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I'll pass on the group hug, but a handshake's OK.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BOY, I wish this statement had been made.... ohhh, say, three or so weeks ago.... SOOOO much grief could've been spared so many....

That said: I'd put my hand out some time back, as you may or may not recall at this point, and once it stops hurting I'll consider doing so again. It's a few months off either way. Realistically, I'm so overwhelmed that I can't think about taking on anything more until I finish my schooling (probably October). But by then, I'd expect there'd be a plan in motion, so we'll see where God has all of us by then....

Trust me, I don't like feeling as I have the last few weeks, so I truly hope this all comes together.... pray, yeah already done that....Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-11-2003 13:38 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAconomics

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH