Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Most influential album cover.... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Most influential album cover....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BD
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

I didn't buy soth because of the cover! Shocked

aaahhhhhhhhhh Shocked

Oh... I already said that! Tongue

12-18-2004 11:37 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

John Wayne has a nice cover and I liked the orange image on the CD itself.
JW is clean, uncluttered, and basic, but with a little bit of subtlety...

Ed made a few comments in the DAMB discussion about the artwork for MBD. Yes, it was made up from various "available" graphics. If you are a student of 60's Pop Art this is a cool modern take on the whole Pop Art movement.
I used the cover as an example for a handout sheet on CD cover design for my Grade 10 students. They are Turkish students....with little art background...who knows what I will get from it!

www.smashthatcomputer.com
12-18-2004 12:15 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

damb double post Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dorfsmith: 12-18-2004 12:28.

12-18-2004 12:25 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Cool. So how did you end up in turkey? I had a friend who went there (he said it was a mission trip) several years ago right when one of the big earthquakes hit. Of course, while the earthquake left an impression, he said that the belly dancers were his favorite part and what he will remember most. Big Grin

12-18-2004 12:27 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

ebay Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog
The problem with the covers on CDs, it doen't have the impact that the old lp's had. Nothing beat the old 12 inch albums, I know that CD's sound better and easier to store, but I still miss albums.

I bought a few DA record on vinyl not too long ago. All the iAlarma! records and dfbb. It's great to have Vox Humana on record to really enjoy the artwork! Pleased

I got ¡Alarma!, DG, and FS on vinyl from ebay...they do a good bit of skipping Crying Luckily, I later picked up the bookset. I'm thinking about putting the records up on my wall...
12-18-2004 18:41 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

RE: ebay Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog
The problem with the covers on CDs, it doen't have the impact that the old lp's had. Nothing beat the old 12 inch albums, I know that CD's sound better and easier to store, but I still miss albums.

I bought a few DA record on vinyl not too long ago. All the iAlarma! records and dfbb. It's great to have Vox Humana on record to really enjoy the artwork! Pleased

I got ¡Alarma!, DG, and FS on vinyl from ebay...they do a good bit of skipping Crying Luckily, I later picked up the bookset. I'm thinking about putting the records up on my wall...

My copy of FS skips around a bit but the others are fine. I did get a copy of DG on Ebay last year (for the sole purpose of Terry signing it) and it skips on one song, but no matter! It's framed now! Pleased

12-18-2004 19:41 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Hey Dorfsmith,

I first went to Turkey on a m trip in 1999. We left the country only a week before the big earthquake!

I'm back more long term now, teaching at a High School, but for the same reasons as above. Haven't seen the belly dancers yet!

I'm living in St Paul's birthplace....an amazing historical town!

12-19-2004 11:18 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I live in St Paul! Shocked

12-19-2004 14:35 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

I like the covers of Avocado Faultline and LittleBig. To me Motorcycle was a good concept but poorly done.
12-19-2004 16:56 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I think the cover of Motorcyle is pretty cool.

Darn Floor has a pretty cool cover as does Vox Humana (LP version) and iAlarma!

I like the MBD cover. BibleLand is good. I like the loaves and fishes picture on the insided. The first DEDT is fun to look at too, in a Sgt Pepper kind of fun way.

The solo records are all cool to look at. Overall Terry does a good job of making an overall package of any record he is a part of.

By the way... does anyone know who the old guy is on the back of Little red riding hood? On the M8 version anyway. He is sitting at a table & waving. ???

12-19-2004 22:21 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

How come no one's mentined.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Kalhoun?

BTW - I like Motorcycle (personal favorite psychedelic cover). SOTH? The cover didn't scare me one bit. I thought it was hilarious.
12-20-2004 10:26 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Always liked the Alarma artwork, Horrendous Disc too...
Mr Buechners Dream I think is cool in a sort of "book cover
like" look...kinda looks like a Novel.

They each have special memories attached to them, Lets Spin
was awesome, and Zoom Daddy....and Kalhoun was cool we had
that whole Cornerstone release party thing.

j and e

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-20-2004 10:54 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Mr Buechners Dream I think is cool in a sort of "book cover
like" look...kinda looks like a Novel.

I never even thougt of that before, but that is right on the money!Pleased

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 12-20-2004 16:37.

12-20-2004 16:37 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

So it's the Taylor-made covers in front, with Ed Tagging along close behind then?

Sorry

sorry

sorry

sorry

...enough to make a real man cry...

12-22-2004 12:38 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Most influential album cover....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH