Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Scared Cows hunt » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Scared Cows hunt
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

cool carman clip woginator Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

oh I'm a BIGGG fan now

I'm on my way, I'm making it
I've got to make it show, yeah
so much larger than life
I'M going to watch it growing

the place where I come from
is a small town
they think so small
and use small words

but not me
I'm smarter than that
I worked it out
I've been stretching my mouth
to let those big words come right out

I've had enough, I'm getting out
to the city, the big big city
I'll be a big noise with all the big boys
so much stuff I will own
and I will pray to a big god
as I kneel in the big church

big time
I'm on my way-I'm making it
big time big time
I've got to make it show yeah
big time big time
so much larger than life
big time
I'm going to watch it growing
big time

my parties have all the big names
and I greet them with the widest smile
tell them how my life is one big adventure
and always they're amazed
when I show them round my house to my bed
I had it made like a mountain range
with a snow-white pillow for my big fat head
and my heaven will be a big heaven
and I will walk through the front door

big time
I'm on my way-I'm making it
big time big time
I've got to make it show-yeah
big time big time
so much larger than life
I'm going to watch it growing
big time big time
my car is getting bigger
big time
my house is getting bigger
big time
my eyes are getting bigger
big time
and my mouth
big time
my belly is getting bigger
big time
and my bank account
big time
look at my circumstance
big time
and the bulge in my big big big big big big big

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
05-21-2002 14:43 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Wait a minute there... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well, I mean, just wait....

Anyway, if C-Boy gets around to doing "Biko," THEN we'll talk.....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-21-2002 14:46 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Shemp
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Beeeeeeeeeeko, biko
Shocked
05-21-2002 15:25
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
quote:
Originally posted by BigDork

as c*rm*n said ''we need a little bit more conviction'' don't ask me how I knew that!

...........because, secretly, down deep in that dark and horrid place of your inner soul, you are a c*rm*n fan. Uh, huh, don't EVEN lie about it, Oh Dorky One.

the Tuxedo Clad Megastar meets a Witch!

AAAHHHHHH!!!!!! It's too late...

TOOOOOOOO LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!!!!!!

I accidentally clicked on it and my computer did a:

"'Oh well, live and let live' Your indifference forms my impression of... ...one peacefull afternoon..."

Scarry folks...

Scarry...

~Kaf

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

05-21-2002 15:26 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Atarah
ok - I own this but NEVER listen to it-at least not after the initial listen when I got it. it hurts. a lot.
some of the worst music ever, made even worse. 'I luv crap music' makes me laugh, but that's the only one. do any of you actually listen to the disc, or do ya just own it because you are a 'completeist' in regards to all things Terry?

shemp, if ya really want it, I'll sell you my copy, fairly cheap (give me an offer) (atarah@hotmail.com). i have no sentimental attachment, and not being a 'completeist' myself, would not feel too bad to let it go.

it's terrible, it's horrible, it sounds bad. Big Grin Big Grin

yep, I know that's the point, but that fact doesn't induce me to listen....

I listen to it a lot.... it just makes me laugh... the whole nada silly thing Wink

05-21-2002 18:54 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
ok - I own this but NEVER listen to it-at least not after the initial listen when I got it. it hurts. a lot.
some of the worst music ever, made even worse. 'I luv crap music' makes me laugh, but that's the only one. do any of you actually listen to the disc, or do ya just own it because you are a 'completeist' in regards to all things Terry?

shemp, if ya really want it, I'll sell you my copy, fairly cheap (give me an offer) (atarah@hotmail.com). i have no sentimental attachment, and not being a 'completeist' myself, would not feel too bad to let it go.

I listen to it a lot.... it just makes me laugh... the whole nada silly thing Wink

Agreed Dr.
I just struck a deal with Professor Atarah and await the delivery of said toonage!
05-22-2002 07:40
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

I delayed getting Sacred Cows Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

for several months when it came out. Then, deciding that as a youth minister I really needed Droopy singing "Big House", I forked over the cash. In my estimation, it is best described as a totally different kind of TST/SE album.
Musically, it's hilarious. Having been inundated with teens wearing C*rm*n T-shirts, insisting that Al Denson is the greatest songwriter who ever lived, and proclaiming Audio A to be the greates rock band around - I needed Sacred Cows as my refuge.

The reason I don't rank it high in the TST canon...lyrics. When I listen to a TST-associated project, I want to be moved, challenged, troubled, ripped out of my normal way of thinking and prodded to consider, re-examine, and stretch my thinking.

These lyrics just don't do it. Which is the reason they're on the album to begin with. Which makes the musical treatment of these songs a parody with sharper teeth than Weird Al Yankovic ever dreamed of.

In the end...I'm glad I own it (I am a completist). When in spins in the CD player, I laugh. When I spin it for unsuspecting friends, I laugh louder.
05-22-2002 10:00 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Shemp
quote:
quote:

Agreed Dr.
I just struck a deal with Professor Atarah and await the delivery of said toonage!

wow. good deal for you Wink
I could not be more proud Pleased

05-22-2002 10:53 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jamespop
for several months when it came out. Then, deciding that as a youth minister I really needed Droopy singing "Big House", I forked over the cash. In my estimation, it is best described as a totally different kind of TST/SE album.
Musically, it's hilarious. Having been inundated with teens wearing C*rm*n T-shirts, insisting that Al Denson is the greatest songwriter who ever lived, and proclaiming Audio A to be the greates rock band around - I needed Sacred Cows as my refuge.

The reason I don't rank it high in the TST canon...lyrics. When I listen to a TST-associated project, I want to be moved, challenged, troubled, ripped out of my normal way of thinking and prodded to consider, re-examine, and stretch my thinking.

These lyrics just don't do it. Which is the reason they're on the album to begin with. Which makes the musical treatment of these songs a parody with sharper teeth than Weird Al Yankovic ever dreamed of.

In the end...I'm glad I own it (I am a completist). When in spins in the CD player, I laugh. When I spin it for unsuspecting friends, I laugh louder.

I think the way they treat the songs say more than words ever could. Cutting edge satire at it's very best Smile

maybe it could make some people consider, re-examine, and strech thinking all over the world Smile )

05-22-2002 10:56 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

What makes it fun Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've loaned it out on occasion, and results are varied.

I had one guy say they didn't like "these guys" ripping all these Christian artists.

On the other hand, everyone (including the guy above) comes back laughing. What almost always comes back first is hilarity of the C*rm*n tune. And it's painfully obvious to all why this song is parodied.

05-22-2002 11:17 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
quote:
Originally posted by BigDork

as c*rm*n said ''we need a little bit more conviction'' don't ask me how I knew that!

...........because, secretly, down deep in that dark and horrid place of your inner soul, you are a c*rm*n fan. Uh, huh, don't EVEN lie about it, Oh Dorky One.

the Tuxedo Clad Megastar meets a Witch!

Shocked

Cool
04-18-2003 18:50 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ubique Epoque

quote:
I got sacred cows for around five bucks on ebay at the start of the year.

very weird.

$30.00?
Ha ha ha ha! Tongue

04-19-2003 11:58 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Shemp
On the eddies thread, there has been alot of talk about Scacred Cows. I already have the tape but would like a copy on cd, so.... I went out to ebay and found a mint condition cd available. When I saw that the seller is from a record collector store not far from my work, I high-tailed it over to the store to see if I could fanagle the cd from the seller.

I offered $30.00 to the guy and he wouldn't budge. He said "gee, when this came into the shop, I thought I would be lucky to get a couple of bucks for it. Now I know that people care... "

Grrrrrrr!
Bidding for it is up to $15.50 with three days left.

Anyone else out there interested in selling me thiers?

You gotta play it real cool with these guys, don't let on that a CD could be worth a ton of dough to the right people! Shocked

04-19-2003 11:59 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Scared Cows hunt

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH