Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » It's Time to Come Clean... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page It's Time to Come Clean...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Yeah, produced by fiat.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"He ''Produced'' HD for DA and several others singers like Randy Stonehill and Mark Heard."

And then the Larry spoke, "Let there be a Horrendous Disk to rule the airwaves, but only if it passes my one-year obligatory shelf period and only if the lads stop smokin' & drinkin' & divorcin' all over the place." And lo, it was so. All right, so it wasn't really, but Larry said it was and that's all that matters.... although the Larry himself didn't pronounce it good until the Larry himself had added two versions of the Larry himself singing "Hound of Heaven," which, lo, were good for a laugh the first time 'round at least....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-09-2002 10:23 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Belfast Bootlegs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey BD, I was somewhat cautious at first - but I was very pleasantly surprised. The quality for the most part is very good, at times excellent. They are CDRs, and what I think happened is the disc 4 used for mastering had some of those little "noise" clicks due to bad burning.

I thought it was isolated, and Kerry Hopkins sent me a replacement (I hope, or he just returned my discs back to me) that had the same problem.

I know Larry's dumped a billion live albums on the market, but this one was put together elsewhere, and endorsed by Larry.

In a nutshell, it's very good. Better than expected.

07-09-2002 10:24 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
"He ''Produced'' HD for DA and several others singers like Randy Stonehill and Mark Heard."

And then the Larry spoke, "Let there be a Horrendous Disk to rule the airwaves, but only if it passes my one-year obligatory shelf period and only if the lads stop smokin' & drinkin' & divorcin' all over the place." And lo, it was so. All right, so it wasn't really, but Larry said it was and that's all that matters.... although the Larry himself didn't pronounce it good until the Larry himself had added two versions of the Larry himself singing "Hound of Heaven," which, lo, were good for a laugh the first time 'round at least....

carl you always make me smileSmile

(even on the posts that I have no idea what you are saying)Wink

BD

07-09-2002 10:27 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
Hey BD, I was somewhat cautious at first - but I was very pleasantly surprised. .

In a nutshell, it's very good. Better than expected.

Thanks for the info Jevon

07-09-2002 10:30 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

I saw LN back in 1983. Totally acoustic, and the concert lasted 3 1/2 hours with no breaks...

I have to admit I was impressed.
07-09-2002 11:33
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

I think JiMiny said it best...

''I think we all trash LN with at least a little respect''

(unlike the Tuxedo Clad Megastar who we have no respect for)

07-09-2002 11:39 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

DITTO Big Grin
07-09-2002 11:47
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

When I was first saved, I had 3 Christian roomates while at summer school at Virginia Tech. One day, I was listening to an LP of the Talking Heads and my roommate looked at me all indignant and asked "How can you, as a Christian, listen to stuff like that?"
I asked him "Can you make out the words?" he said "no" so I told him "Neither can I- so I can't see how it could hurt me"
Not long after that, someone introduced me to the vocal stylings of Larry Norman. So, I had this tape of Larry screeching and coughing (Upon this Rock).
My roommate didn't bother after that, but I think he liked the Talking Heads more.....

07-09-2002 12:36 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
JoannaRuth JoannaRuth is a female
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-15-2002

Larry Norman vs the Stryper fans Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When I saw Larry at Cornerstone 2001, he was scheduled to play on the Main Stage right before Third Day, who were right before Stryper. I was standing in the midst of Stryper fans who'd been standing in the heat for several hours in order to stake out a good spot and were booing everyone else off the stage. When Larry got up, they were all saying, "Who is this geezer? Get him off the stage and bring on Stryper!" But as Larry sang, they began to quiet down. When he got off the stage, the guys around me were saying, "Who was that guy? He rocked!"

I had to agree with them.

(Joanna runs and hides, hoping the DA mob doesn't come after her...)
07-15-2002 17:53 JoannaRuth is offline Send an Email to JoannaRuth Homepage of JoannaRuth Search for Posts by JoannaRuth Add JoannaRuth to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of JoannaRuth: CO Joanna
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

I would much prefer Larry over Stryper..... but that's not saying much... Wink

07-15-2002 18:37 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

Larry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Larry's music is good in many ways. I think that a lot of the problem is that much of the music that came after him was just a Cheesed out rehash of what he started. What I wish is that CCM would follow his and Terry's lead in writting lyrric about the real world, not just quaint milky fluff that only a three year old thinks is spiritually challenging. I mean when Larry wrote "Gonherea on valentines day, You're still looking for the perfect lay..." That would be banned in most "Christian" music stores today just as "hide the Beer" was(at least at Moody book store while I was there). One can't help but notice his obvious pretention, but he really is the Grandpappy of this music we all love. He may be a pompous burro, but then again I can be a real jerk much of the time. We always want to know the "big guys" despite the fact that we are supposed to love them as they are just like God loves us(thankfully so).
He annoys me at times, but still...
just MHO
Jonny
07-15-2002 18:58 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

although Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Larry putting his own versions of Hound on the HD CD was in very poor taste!
JOnny
07-15-2002 19:00 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
Larry Norman? Confused

Larry Norman....

A legend in his own mind.....and many others

Considered by many the Grandfather of Christian Rock-N-Roll.

Has tons of albums (many with the same songs on them) but the standouts are

1: Upon This Rock - 69
2: Only Visiting This Planet - 72
3: So Long Ago The Garden - 73
4: In Another Land - 76
5: Something New Under The Son - 80

Lots of hit and miss stuff since then

He's still doing new stuff today (when he's not in poor health...has heart problems, he's not doing to good right now).

He ''Produced'' HD for DA and several others singers like Randy Stonehill and Mark Heard.

Worth checking out if you have the time, just don't believe everything he writes about himself.

BD

Thanks, BD. Big Grin

Sounds like quite the character... I'll be sure to check in to some of his stuff later...

07-16-2002 01:09 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Sprinklerhead over Larry and Stryper combined any day though... Pleased

07-16-2002 01:10 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
I would much prefer Larry over Stryper..... but that's not saying much... Wink

Ditto.

-- The Author of the Post
07-16-2002 08:43 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » It's Time to Come Clean...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH