Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Loose Ends » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Loose Ends
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pretty much isolated, sort of a grab bag type approach. For example the Valentines Day one had a love songs theme so the UFO demo was used, even though there are other demos from that period that have been released on other projects and a few are still unreleased.

03-28-2011 19:52 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How did the writing customized songs for people go?

03-28-2011 23:19 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I heard a few, some were posted to facebook I believe. Some were pretty funny.

03-29-2011 00:01 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

You think he will ever do it again?

03-29-2011 06:02 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Yes, he's wanting to start a new batch soon.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-29-2011 09:34 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Doke Doke is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

I loved mine!
03-29-2011 09:36 Doke is offline Search for Posts by Doke Add Doke to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

Do they have to be personal. I do local history research and I thought a good History Ballad would be cool. I got a lot of research I could provide.

03-30-2011 21:07 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Last time around, he said he would *try* anything... if he can't do it, he can either return your money or write it about something else.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-30-2011 21:29 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

So, I am wondering when the next Swine Before Pearls might be in the works. I thought he could do some pretty cool things. . . Terry could try a version that deals with Christ's Return -- He certainly has many songs in that category. . . Another idea could be a cover songs disc -- I think the Beatles song on the last one came out pretty awesome. Just wondering if anything is in the works. I don't think I am financially ready for the personal song, but if I come across some extra cash I will set it aside.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
09-21-2011 16:38 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
DrDanAmos DrDanAmos is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-628.gif

Registration Date: 09-06-2003

I would most absolutely be interested in a "back room trax" type series! The "Stunt Approved Bootlegs" don't seem to be available anymore, so that would be a welcome option!

upload photos to paste code
11-10-2011 19:58 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
voxrob
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-02-2003

DA "bootleg" cuts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

>>"I would most absolutely be interested in a "back room trax" type series!"

Yeah, there have been efforts with this before. The thing about Pearls before Swine (if I got that one the correct way around) is that it is such a hodge-podge and it seems that the big selling point is the "custom" cut that you can get for the increased price -- I kind of hope I don't need a flush of blood to my ego for something like that -- so that when the cut plays I can tell others, "hear that? That's about me. Terry wrote that just for me". I know that's not the only thing about it but it's the thing that stands out.

I don't know how these re-issue and deluxe efforts work: I did get the Shotgun Angel one and I did like that alot, although I was quite surprised that the demos seemed to be very close to the final versions -- it was almost that the band had this collective idea how it should sound and they just made it that way. Kind of remarkable for such a young band cutting their second album. Hopefully they made money on the effort in order to fund other things as well as to provide encouragement for additional work.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by voxrob: 11-23-2011 13:11.

11-16-2011 18:30 voxrob is offline Send an Email to voxrob Search for Posts by voxrob Add voxrob to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Loose Ends

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH