Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Rock and/or Roll » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Rock and/or Roll
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Rock and/or Roll Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, i am finally fulfilling my dream of playing at my high school talent show...ten years later. My younger brother is attending the same high school as me and entered the talent show. He asked if I would play guitar while he sang, but didn't know what to play. Well, he wanted to do something by LD or TST, but they were all too hard for me and I had to find something that I could play. Thanks to this board (carl specifically, i believe) i got onto B-Plus Chords and found the music for She's A Hard Drink.

Yes, we are playing She's a Hard Drink in a high school talent show. I am so excited. The performance is tonight and we do a pretty good version of it (i think). As we were practicing we both noticed that the parts where the solo was it sounded kind of bare. I thought about it for a minute and using my super arrangement skills i called on an old friend to help...Mr. Kazoo! Oh, the kazoo sounds good in any situation.

So, please wish us well and if you happen to be in the Lexington KY area at 7:00 and want to stop by, fell free to rock to our acoustic jamming.

PS--we will do a proper recording of it and I will post it on my rock-and-roll website. Love and Kisses!

Robbie
03-19-2002 09:07 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

you go girl-er I mean guy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dr-
ROCK THAT PLANET!!!
I actually played in my hi school talent show!- did
an ol Jethro Tull song "Mother Goose" with a guy, and in the yearbook they got HIS picture singin-they iced me! (and er..that would have been OVER 25 ago)
Ga Luck!
JiMiNy
03-19-2002 09:10 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

TO dR sTICKY Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

dude-\
how did the show go???
give all detail now-did they whoo to hard drink?
JiMiNy
03-20-2002 09:08 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr. Sticky
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it went really well. my poor lil bro was SO nervous, but that was his first public performance. everyone loved the kazoo bit, caught them by surprise. it was filmed and will be on the Public School station this Friday, so i'll be taping it. Unfotuately i don't know how to post the video on the web, but i'll look into doing that. He and I are going to do a recording of it and i'll post that on my website and put a link here.

I thought it would be weird playing at this thing but i guess deep down inside i'm an insecure high school student.

I also got a medal for playing.
03-20-2002 11:24 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Excellantee!
Talk to BD- hes the Video King!
to further my adventure- I DID play in Vocational school..and won first place.100 bucks! that was pretty cool for a "dingo" like me. (It was in 1975..I twere a boy)
I did "Darlin be home soon" (not quite the LS version) and another tune called "Theres only One" by Graham Nash.
They even wanted an encore- so I did Soldiers by J.Taylor (It was just post vietnam time ..so a fitting thing then.)
JiMiny
03-20-2002 11:53 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

whoa, NO way!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dr Sticky: You said...

I also got a medal for playing.

i'm so jel.

Was it a GOLD medal?

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

03-20-2002 12:57 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

You must re-read this thread in light of the Damb It CD.

01-24-2003 14:16 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Rock and/or Roll

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH