Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "Terry Taylor & Friends" Tour -- THE Summer tour of 2009 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page "Terry Taylor & Friends" Tour -- THE Summer tour of 2009
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lam77s
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

"Terry Taylor & Friends" Tour -- THE Summer tour of 2009 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How would you like to experience hearing Daniel Amos and Swirling Eddies music live on stage?! For the very first time in decades your dreams are about to come true!

Terry Scott Taylor and some old and new friends will be touring this summer and they'll be playing a boatload of your Faves along with songs heard for the very first time in a live and intimate concert setting.

Camarillo Eddy says, "You'd have to be an idiot not to book a show like this and do it right now. I wanna know what kinda moron would let themselves miss out on this once in a lifetime event. I'm in the band and even I want to book it just to see myself on stage!"

Booking June 19 - July 12

If you are a promoter, or even if you're not, but want to know more about booking this rare event, please contact me for me more info.

Linda
--
Linda A. Miller 541-729-7771
LAM PRODUCTIONS
Artist Management and Promotion
1631 Adkins St, Eugene, OR 97401
http://lamconcerts.com
02-11-2009 17:00 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I hope someone in Phoenix or Tucson that has some money contacts Linda Miller. It's been too long since Terry has been this way.

02-11-2009 17:05 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Matt K Matt K is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-03-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Or somewhere in Michigan. I would travel anywhere in the state to see this show.
02-11-2009 17:32 Matt K is offline Send an Email to Matt K Homepage of Matt K Search for Posts by Matt K Add Matt K to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Matt K: xxthundrrblt67xx YIM Account Name of Matt K: scrapbrain_409
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i will be in l.a. for a week beginning july 4th...
if there is a socal show during that time i will be there....

Cool
02-11-2009 17:43 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

I hope this goes ahead - I won't be able to make any concert so I also hope you can get a good recording and do another Live CD.

Please please pretty please!

02-11-2009 20:07 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

too bad terry/camarillo couldn't have decided to do this when a lot of people were begging for it and the economy was a lot better Frown

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
02-12-2009 11:37 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

do you ever have anything positive to say? Roll Eyes
oh yeah...it's in my location! Tongue

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 02-12-2009 11:54.

02-12-2009 11:52 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ubique Epoque

wouldn't want to disappoint anyone now, huh? Red Face

someone has to carry on the bd legacy? Shocked

nah, not really. it's just the sad truth that it's too bad it didn't happen earlier in a better economy and mb days ... when there was even a website setup to promote the idea of a da concert Roll Eyes Frown

now it's been months and still no further details on LD tour shirts, but then we get the announcement about this possible tour ... i still say something doesn't add up somewhere along the line ... i don't really care where ... i just wish it were different ...

and you better watch it ... i'm probably gonna be within a 1/2 day of you sometime during the last week of this month ! Evil Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

02-12-2009 12:03 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

bring it! Mad

Tongue

i just had a thought.... maybe the reason terry is touring again is out of necessity? times are tough everywhere...
i would love to see him again, and would buy whatever merch i didn't already have....
but i certainly couldn't afford to host a show in spokane.... Crying
hopefully somebody does in l.a. the week i am there..... Cool

Cool
02-12-2009 12:25 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
now it's been months and still no further details on LD tour shirts, but then we get the announcement about this possible tour ... i still say something doesn't add up somewhere along the line ... i don't really care where ... i just wish it were different ...

I don't know what kind of mathematical conspiracy theory you're crafting, buit I'd say you're wasting too much energy trying to invent drama where it doesn't exist. I don't even like drama that is necessary.

Terry's been talking about doing a solo (w/ "friends") tour for several years... I guess his schedule and need for some extra income just hit a point where he felt it was the right time. A full DA tour has just been too expensive... up to this point, no one has come up with enough cash to make it happen and the scheduling just hasn't worked out. If the money and the time isn't there - it just isn't there. A solo show can be put on pretty easily and won't be as big of a burden on promoters. And there is always a website to promote it.

- On the Dogs shirts.. they (or at least a partial shipment) just arrived and are now in our hands. There will be more info posted ASAP. (I can't do it from work).

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-12-2009 12:45 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
lam77s
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by lam77s
TST & Friends Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Actually, this is not going to be a Terry Taylor solo show. This is going to be a full blown band with a number of players and it won't be cheap to pull off this extraordinary, professional show. The good news is we will not be nickle and dime-ing promoters, but will include travel expenses, even hotels, in the guarantee. As everyone knows, it costs a chunk of change to keep everybody on the road and get everyone where they need to be.

We're hoping this will be one of those things people will save up their dollars for, knowing it will bring lightness and being to our weary souls. This may be the last tour of this kind for some time.

Let's stay optimistic! As always, thanks for the support. Smile

Linda
02-12-2009 14:22 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I just meant "solo" as in doing DA/TST/Eddies material. Thats why I included the "(with friends)" in there.. Didn't meant to give the wrong impression.

..but yeah, I agree.. its a positive announcement. Folks all over the country have been dying to see these songs performed again and here's their chance.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-12-2009 14:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

East Coast? Anything on the East Coast? Anything? Bueller??
02-12-2009 14:47 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ubique Epoque

the tour is trying to be setup with a decent amount of advance notice. hopefully enough folks out there can swing enough dates to make it fly. Smile

Got a few miles left ...

02-12-2009 16:10 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I'll absolutely go to a show if there's one in the area. Maybe at Alice Cooperstown? I know the Lost Dogs played there before.
I don't have the money myself to put together a show and I don't know anyone who would be in that position. I just hope Terry and friends come out this way because it has been way too long.

02-12-2009 16:21 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

knowing who the "friends" are would have a big impact on my level of interest in this show.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

02-13-2009 06:36 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

The years he has done "Terry and Friends" at Cornerstone, it has always been a pretty cool set of people. Obviously if it was every member of DA, it would be called DA, but in 97, it was Derri Daugherty, Steve Hindalong, Jerry Chamberlain, Andy Prickett, Ed McTaggart, Tim Chandler and Phil Madeira. In 1998 at GMA it was Derri Daugherty, Steve Hindalong, Phil Madeira and Chris Donahue. At Cornerstone in 98 it was with Derri Daugherty, Steve Hindalong, Andy Prickett, Ed McTaggart, Tim Chandler and Phil Madeira.

I don't yet know who will be on this tour, but the band usually is filled up with some of the most professional guys. Extremely fun to hear the Eddies songs, or some DA stuff you don't usually hear live.

02-13-2009 09:51 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

andy, phil, and tim would bring me out for sure.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

02-13-2009 10:01 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

if madeira is involved, terry better let him do at least a few of his tunes too.

Got a few miles left ...

02-13-2009 12:00 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Can I reiterate my request to get good recordings and make alive CD?

Please ...I promise I'll be good, clean the yard and take the dog for a walk.

02-13-2009 14:43 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "Terry Taylor & Friends" Tour -- THE Summer tour of 2009

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH