Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Listened to "Ruckus..." today » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Listened to "Ruckus..." today
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Listened to "Ruckus..." today Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Waaay too much organ and accordion in the mix. I was actually at this show, and I thought the same thing when I was listening to it live. There are also several songs where I think these two instruments sound horribly out-of-place.

Agree? Disagree?
08-19-2008 17:42 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wasn't there at the concert, so I couldn't comment on that part of your question/statement.

As far as the CD, my assumption is that Ruckus was a "good-quality" bootleg. I don't think Terry had intended to make a live album. So there was probably not much that could be done to mix the album (e.g. tone down the organ).

I like Ruckus--wish I could've been there--but it's far from perfect. Even so, I like it just slightly better than DA Live at Cornerstone 2000.

08-19-2008 18:02 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, it wasn't intended to be a live album at all. It was created from a friend's DAT recording... just a straight mix off of the board.

It'll probably come back at some point as part of our "inexpensive reissue" series (with better artwork).

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-19-2008 19:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

I want to like Ruckus. I really do. But I don't.

But I bet the live show sounded 200% better.
08-19-2008 19:43 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
with better artwork

The artwork was aweful.

08-19-2008 21:01 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Yeah, it wasn't intended to be a live album at all. It was created from a friend's DAT recording... just a straight mix off of the board.

It'll probably come back at some point as part of our "inexpensive reissue" series (with better artwork).

I'm all for a reissue!

'Taint got it.
Cool

08-19-2008 21:56 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I like "Rukus."

It's a fun CD. Cool

08-20-2008 05:15 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
I like "Rukus."

It's a fun CD. Cool

me too. i listen to it quite often.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

08-20-2008 06:13 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

me three

and as far as the cover?
well - art has always been overrated!
Cool

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-20-2008 07:46 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Well, I don't know much about art...

...but who cares?
08-20-2008 08:20 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

who cares??

I would guess every starving artist.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-20-2008 09:12 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

There are a few good tracks on it. Especially, I think, Driving in England and Buffalo Hills.
08-20-2008 09:18 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I think M8 thought that gathering up all the live Cornerstone stuff was an easy way to have more product. Usually their artwork was pretty lame, with the except of Brian Heydn's work.

I think soundboard-ish bootlegs are cool knowing what they are.. imperfect, just for the historical documentaion aspect of it. We have some soundboard DA stuff from various eras that would make a good release under that premise.

Terry I am absoultely sure would want to do a multitrack recording and mix it properly if he really wanted to do a live album. In fact, a Shotgu Angel tape like that does exist. But, these type of minor releases are fine with the understanding of what they are.

08-20-2008 11:15 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I like it.

I think I have another version with either more talking in between songs or an extra song or two.

08-20-2008 15:55 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Gonna have to dig out my copy. Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 08-20-2008 16:41.

08-20-2008 16:40 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Mark

I think I have another version with either more talking in between songs or an extra song or two.

me too

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

08-20-2008 19:16 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

A lot of people do. I don't even think M8 got it from the original source.

The re-release will definitely be the extended version.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-20-2008 21:02 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
A lot of people do. I don't even think M8 got it from the original source.

The re-release will definitely be the extended version.

Cool

Do it!

08-20-2008 21:33 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Srarving artists?? Starving Jewish artists like myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oy vey, oy vey....oy vey about 84kg at the moment, so I guess I'm not starving...

...but I care!

Send me your requirements, and I will do you some album art!

www.smashthatcomputer.com
08-21-2008 00:53 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

08-21-2008 09:59 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Listened to "Ruckus..." today

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH