Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » three strikes for tst (or 4) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page three strikes for tst (or 4)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

three strikes for tst (or 4) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DAMBers-
briefly-
i mentioned b4 that I sing once a month at the Cty Jail- and enjoy doing DA and related stuff.
Last night I tried Wall of Heaven-
and three of the guys started cryin right there. One fellow said after the song was done
"Man- that one hurt-what a great thing to know people still care about me"(Obviously a loved one)
Afterward we all jaw a bit- and ALL three (at different moments) asked me for the words- to that song.
The jail staff kindly let me run three copies of what I had (I credited Terry on the tune- felt good about that- its sure not mine)
and gave away my lyric sheet as well- totaling 4.
They have never actually asked for the words before...but could see the hope that others still have for them (including you Terry)
so ...what a blessing for me to be another vehicle for the Poet.
Love and regards
JimIny
(THAT WS BRIEF???)
09-11-2002 09:29 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Very cool story, that song is really inspired.

I think I will forward this to Terry to make sure he sees
it..

the townsends

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-11-2002 09:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wall of heaven is very powerful. It is my favorite lost dogs tune so far. It's hard to listen to it without shedding a tear for me. I'm glad it touched others as well. God bless you for working in a jail ministry.

09-11-2002 09:36 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

JC - that is so cooool. Makes me feel guilty for not doing more - I am raising two beautiful girls in a Christian home - but working in the public school is tough - I'm part of the Christian club here, but, man, you have to be careful these days - I haven't developed Paul's love for getting thrown in jail yet....

09-11-2002 11:08 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by jc
brd Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

know what you mean
(I was just a kickin on the Monrovia thread btw)
I got 3 lovelys at home-well 4 with me wifey....
and since I don;t have a homechurch currently..this works so well.
Call me Itinerant-or ignorant- internet? or something like that.
JiMInY
09-11-2002 12:50 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
[I]Originally posted by jc [/
(I was just a kickin on the Monrovia thread btw)

JiMInY

I knows it Big Grin

It is hard not to gloat though........

I'm churchless right now too.....

I hate it, but we're having a hard time finding a place here....churches seem so plastic these days....not really concerned with the things they should be concerned with...

09-11-2002 12:56 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Jiminy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How very cool, my friend. One of my fave places to play has always been the Bread of Life mission in Seattle. Haven't been there in eons and your story is twisting my arm to go back for my own good--seems I'm the one who gets the blessing from going. Big Grin
09-11-2002 13:06 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
jc
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by jc
YOU ARE RIGHT Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Theo -et all
I am hoping in the process of me gettin blessed-
it rubs off and out.
One of the best parts is that "ilk" can spot a phoney a mile away. (well played mannerisms-after all, they are all innocent!)
So just hanging me own self out there works best- its very relaxed and informal-yet personal.
JiMiny
When ya gonna tuck in dewm angels?-i want to hear....
09-11-2002 14:02 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jc
DAMBers-
briefly-
i mentioned b4 that I sing once a month at the Cty Jail- and enjoy doing DA and related stuff.
Last night I tried Wall of Heaven-

(THAT WS BRIEF???)

that is one corny tune (to quote mike roe) but a powerful one!

these are the kind of stories that keep you doing what you're supposed to be doing... Smile )

thanks,

BD

09-12-2002 02:43 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

that's what it's all about Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

and I ain't talkin' about the hokey-pokey...

I'm talkin' about what your doin' jImInIy!

Someone said ya can't take it with you but you can send it on ahead. Keep on sendin' that treasure to heaven boy!

(you DA man!)

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
09-13-2002 00:16 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

you guys make me so proud....

09-13-2002 11:12 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Just stopping by

09-14-2002 09:01 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Just stopping by

mee toooooo!

09-14-2002 14:53 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Glad you stopped by.

09-14-2002 17:41 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » three strikes for tst (or 4)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH