Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Yee-Haw! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Yee-Haw!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! Yee-Haw! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I found an LP copy of the first Daniel Amos LP at the Goodwill for 99 cents! Happy

Playing on the turntable right now! Pleased

Cool

12-26-2007 19:45 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Space Ghost
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 02-07-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"I betchya' aren't expecting no resurrection too soon..."

Wink

Makes the color of right

Gravity and distance
Change the passage of light
Gravity and distance
Change the color of right

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Space Ghost: 12-26-2007 20:17.

12-26-2007 20:13 Space Ghost is offline Send an Email to Space Ghost Search for Posts by Space Ghost Add Space Ghost to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thread Starter Thread Started by dennis
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pleased

12-26-2007 20:55 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

watcha doin' trolling for DA albums at Goodwill?

(in a Martin Short voice)
A most unlikely place, I must say....

12-26-2007 22:29 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I was just shopping. Tongue

Not looking per se.

I found a copy of HD at a Goodwill a little over ten years ago.

When it was not even on CD yet. I was happy about that find as well. Big Grin

I have also found Kalhoun & darn floor on tape at Goodwill.

Not too mention 77s "all fall down" on LP.

Good times at Goodwill! Pleased

12-26-2007 23:47 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
I was just shopping. Tongue

Not looking per se.

I found a copy of HD at a Goodwill a little over ten years ago.

When it was not even on CD yet. I was happy about that find as well. Big Grin

I have also found Kalhoun & darn floor on tape at Goodwill.

Not too mention 77s "all fall down" on LP.

Good times at Goodwill! Pleased

mine where you find the gold....

!/2 Price Books, a certain pawn shop, and E-bay are my precious metals land.

12-27-2007 00:47 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I have found some DA stuff at Cheapo Records as well.

I picked up The Alarma Chronicles along with Darn Floor on Lp for $15 or so.
He threw in a Keaggy record (Love Broke Thru) and the "Island" record by the 77s as well for free!

One of my better ebay buys! Pleased

12-27-2007 05:36 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Shocked Picked up this video at Goodwill for $1.99 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

12-29-2007 22:32 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

RE: Picked up this video at Goodwill for $1.99 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Vengeance Rising pretty much kicks burro here! Pleased

12-30-2007 08:14 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

dennis, you gotta hand it to those guys, they were certainly taking it to the Devil and treading in previously uncharted territory, gospel wise.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY rocked harder and preached/taught from the stage like Vengeance Rising.
But, poor Roger, his ego was too much for him. As in a Val Kilmer Doc Holiday voice, "he was too high-strung"

12-30-2007 16:30 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Yeah he certainly has had quite a journey.
It will be interesting to see where it goes.

..and yes, they rocked harder than pretty much anybody.

And Ed did the art direction for the video cover (see on topic! Tongue )

12-30-2007 17:06 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Really it shows how much Frontline was on the cutting edge of things.

12-30-2007 17:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

quote:
Yeah he certainly has had quite a journey.
It will be interesting to see where it goes.

..and yes, they rocked harder than pretty much anybody.

And Ed did the art direction for the video cover (see on topic! Tongue )

I worked with a few of the bands back in the day and we took them into the heart of darkness....local metal bars. That was where they thrived.
Alas, anyone who spent time with Roger was both encouraged, edified, awed, and intimidated at the same time. He was a force of nature.

On a family trip to Cali, I dropped into the Frontline offices for a visit. Tony Shore and Co. had been very good about supplying me with promotional swag for the concerts and insisted I come by if I had time.
Hoping for a happenstance path crossing with Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor, I settled for Ed and Gene during a quick tour of the studios. Ed was working the computer for a new album cover and Gene, well, Gene just grinned as I was verklemph and mumbled about his fine work as Prickly Disco....forgetting completely Adam Again. I hate meeting my idols, I always blow it.

12-30-2007 18:26 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Yeah, I pretty much blow it when I met my idols too.
Still, having said that, I wish I could have met Gene.

12-30-2007 21:12 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by ladrtrk55
dennis, you gotta hand it to those guys, they were certainly taking it to the Devil and treading in previously uncharted territory, gospel wise.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY rocked harder and preached/taught from the stage like Vengeance Rising.But, poor Roger, his ego was too much for him. As in a Val Kilmer Doc Holiday voice, "he was too high-strung"

I guess you can find anything on YouTube! Shocked

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 12-31-2007 07:41.

12-31-2007 07:40 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ladrtrk55

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY rocked harder and preached/taught from the stage like Vengeance Rising.But, poor Roger, his ego was too much for him. As in a Val Kilmer Doc Holiday voice, "he was too high-strung"

I guess you can find anything on YouTube! Shocked

Wow, that's the video I shot in Austin, December of '89.
I think I already told the story of Roger coming off the stage and just short of threatening me for videoing a small partion of his show. He confiscated the tape, erased all but the preaching and the sound checks and mailed it back to me. Then he used the preaching segment for his compilation video.
Funny thing, he was refering to returning to Austin/San Antonio area and checking in on the kids to see if they were studying up on the subjects he gave them, knowing he was going to be back for another show in February.
As it turned out, I could have taped the Exodus fundraiser festival no problem. But I took no chances with Roger again.
I wished I chanced 'em though, as he and Rey Parra sang duet on Sacred Warrior's "The Flood". I never had the chance to see those two guys together again.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ladrtrk55: 12-31-2007 11:06.

12-31-2007 10:36 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Wow. Crazy.

12-31-2007 10:43 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I listened to the first two VR cds in the car today.

Good times. Big Grin

12-31-2007 16:29 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

(in a Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor voice)
I must be honest, I say I must be perfectly frank, as I did not care for the girlish hair extentions nor the ridiculously growly unintelegable vocals, but I must say, I did appreciate the passion, dare I say the depth of the word of which Roger spoke.

12-31-2007 20:08 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I normally don't go for the "cookie monster vocals," but I kind of enjoyed it!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

01-01-2008 10:39 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Yee-Haw!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH