Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Crumbs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Crumbs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Crumbs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's going to be a rough day for me, for many reasons which I should not list here...

Suffice it to say, I could use a pick-me-up about now. So, Audiori... Can you give the board some hint-hints at what may be coming down the line for 2008? I can't speak for anyone else, but it would sure pick up my spirit about now...
12-27-2007 06:35 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Question Does this help??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

-Arena Rock will re-issue DA's (Daniel Amos) 1987 classic Darn Floor, Big Bite in 2008. The CD will be remastered with some extra 'goodies'. Stay tuned for more info. Thanks to Terry and Tom at Stunt Records for their help with this project.

I know it's old news, but it's good news! Happy

12-27-2007 10:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

or..... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

dw- its a big world..
with LOTs and LOTs of options....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-27-2007 12:17 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, and don't forget about that Christmas Record!

12-27-2007 12:41 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

One of the main goals for the new year will be the deluxe remastered reissues. Hopefully the HD roadblocks will be worked out one way or another in the near future.. the previously mentioned Darn Floor CD... Buechner's should be back.. etc, etc.

We've heard of a few things Terry wants to do as well, but they're so early in the planning stages they probably shouldn't be announced (even vaguely.)

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-27-2007 18:18 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Is Buechner's Dream going to be re-mastered mo bettah?

My CD is quite tubby and (I think) loses a lot due to lack of engaging sound quality. Either that or I am long over due for my bi-annual ear-enema.

Psalm 119:83
12-27-2007 20:21 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Administrator

We'll definitely run that by the fellers..

I remember the original mastering costing a pretty penny at the time.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-27-2007 20:38 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah on Mr Buechners Dream, I personally sent $2500 to the manager at the time, I believe $1000 was supposed to go towards paying some musicians and $1500 was supposed to go towards the mastering. I believe according to Terry there were other investers as well. Although looking back calling us investors is probably inaccurate, its more like donators.

12-27-2007 21:21 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

I'm with sondance, though I can't put my finger on what it is. The mastering seems to be technically okay, but the mix is somewhat blasé. The bass is kinda lost somewhere in there. I hate being negative, but I never really took to most of MBD mainly because of the sound.

12-27-2007 21:27 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
I'm with sondance, though I can't put my finger on what it is. The mastering seems to be technically okay, but the mix is somewhat blasé. The bass is kinda lost somewhere in there. I hate being negative, but I never really took to most of MBD mainly because of the sound.

There is almost no bass on the record.
It really makes you miss Gene's ear for mixing! Frown

12-27-2007 23:58 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:

while....every album sounds different (and mbd sounds good).....it does make you miss gene all over again. that said.... i love mbd. i think it is a remarkable collection.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wes berlin: 12-28-2007 01:02.

12-28-2007 01:01 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I dont hear it falling off (and I did have an ear lavage recently)

I never notice sound inferiority the way you guys do.
and I know thats just me..

(of course- I am from the LP era- where EACH play made a further degeneration...)

12-28-2007 10:30 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:

while....every album sounds different (and mbd sounds good).....it does make you miss gene all over again. that said.... i love mbd. i think it is a remarkable collection.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I love it! Pleased
It is a great collection of wonderful songs.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 12-28-2007 14:00.

12-28-2007 13:56 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 12-28-2007 15:31.

12-28-2007 15:18 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

yea - i had MBD bouncing recently..parts of it make me misty.

I think part of mastering just the technology rise..

when I did my Christmas Mash...there was a noticable Bright value difference tween AND so It GOes and this is the title..

I mean , they were prbably recorded an easy 6 years apart...
the tech world has come along way in that time

12-28-2007 15:21 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Shocked Don't be so quick to knock the vinyl! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
(of course- I am from the LP era- where EACH play made a further degeneration...)

I still say a lot of those LPs still sound better than most of the re-issues on CDs!

12-28-2007 16:22 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah also have to consider they were all recorded at different places, engineered by different people, mixed by different people and mastered by different people. All of which know more about that stuff than any of us.

12-28-2007 17:48 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

You don't have to be an engineer to know a good sounding mix when you hear it.

12-28-2007 18:10 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Administrator

Each listener (and engineer) has different ears and different tastes though... a couple of years back, we talked to an engineer that was working on one project who absolutely hated Gene's mixing work for example.

As mentioned, the technology advances are a big part of it too. The DA 30th Anniversary release for example... 1990 mastering work vs. 2007 mastering work.

12-28-2007 18:16 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Each listener (and engineer) has different ears and different tastes though...

Of course.

12-28-2007 18:24 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Crumbs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH