Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Welcome, Tim Chandler! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Welcome, Tim Chandler!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Welcome, Tim Chandler! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tim, I see you're visiting the DAMB(-ed?). Welcome! I've always wanted to tell you that I'm a big fan of your bass playing. I love your work with Daniel Amos, The Choir, Swirling Eddies, etc--even your work with Fernando Ortega.
Thank you for the great music and I hope to hear a lot more from you (and your bands) in the future.
--Ritchie_az

07-25-2008 09:17 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ditto Tim
except for the Fernando Ortega part; I didn't know about that
07-25-2008 10:09 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ritchie_az
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ah, the great Tim Chandler has come and gone. I hope he visits us again soon.

07-25-2008 10:33 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

sorry about that -- back and forth at the computer.

hey Ritchie_az! hey, ya baxter -- how are you guys
07-25-2008 10:43 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:

I have Fernado Ortega's Home and Camino Largo CDs, which are both great folk/pop/light-rock/country/spanish albums.

Look at the album credits for Home:
Fernando Ortega

Phil Madeira, Tim Chandler, David Raven, Matt Slocum and many, many others.

Although he doesn't have any of my favorite songs listed, you can sample some of his music at:
http://www.myspace.com/fernandoortega

07-25-2008 10:44 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Oh, hey Tim! Glad you're here! I'm ok, just wasting time while at work. And you?

07-25-2008 10:45 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

And Tim, I've always wanted to ask you this: what is your favorite song you ever played 1) in the studio and 2) live?

07-25-2008 10:49 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

howdy mr chandler. nice to see you in these parts again.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

07-25-2008 10:49 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Hey big guy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Sir Timothy, it's great any time you can drop in.

It just came to mind this week that MBD is now 7 years old. Seems like not yesterday, but not that long ago either. I love Dogs, Eds, etc. but I do miss DA. Oh well, maybe our withdrawal symptoms will be eased a bit with the new & improved DFBB... if they ever give us a release date.

On a vastly more important note... I don't know if you and Berger have finally made peace with each other, but hey, life is short, and you know the Lord's prayer. It's time for him to let the past go, don't you think. The truth is, when it comes to raw musicianship, intelligence, looks, class, gravitas, you name it, you are the man, not him. You stayed off the mind-altering chemical compounds, and Berger... well, given his sad mental state, I think the truth speaks for itself.

If you see him, maybe you could try to coax him to a little on-line time from the cuckoo's nest? It has been a few months since I've seen his rants, and I really worry about him - he needs a healthy dose of sanity that comes from the DAmb. And perhaps some day he will be worthy to stand in your shadow.

Blessings!
Pleased

07-25-2008 11:48 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Josh&etc Josh&etc is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-401.gif

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
quote:

I have Fernado Ortega's Home and Camino Largo CDs, which are both great folk/pop/light-rock/country/spanish albums.

Look at the album credits for Home:
Fernando Ortega

Phil Madeira, Tim Chandler, David Raven, Matt Slocum and many, many others.

Wow, I didn't realize that.

Hi, Tim!

07-25-2008 13:21 Josh&etc is offline Search for Posts by Josh&etc Add Josh&etc to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Hello Tim! Cool

07-25-2008 15:28 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

WHAT??!!! "...his sad mental state...", "...time from the cuckoo's nest?..." WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?!??!!!! If I didn't know better, I'd think... ... naaaaaaah gggKKKKKXKgxK!!!

07-25-2008 17:32 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Get out of that nest right now, Berger, or that large Indian is going to through a huge object onto your head and crack your skull. And don't think the nurse will put you back together!
07-26-2008 01:03 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Ubique Epoque

Attention Go Now! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Throw that water fountain out the window and run! Shocked

07-26-2008 01:10 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

And keep runnin until you can see Kobe plant his feet at the top of the key. What?
07-26-2008 01:18 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Ubique Epoque

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tongue

07-26-2008 01:21 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

I'm sorry that I missed you today, Tim. I had to drive to Bakersfield Shocked Crying Shocked Crying Shocked Crying to pick up a client. And Scully wasn't even around to help.
07-26-2008 01:29 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Ubique Epoque

I always think of the show "Chips" when I hear mention of Bakersfield.
I don't know why??? Confused

07-26-2008 01:38 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
I had to drive to Bakersfield

Yikes!

I can't think of much that is worse.

You are in my prayers!

07-26-2008 01:38 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

You are kind, RA. I made it back safely, and got to enjoy a Mighty Croon Dogs concert in the park tonight, as well as a chat with one of my favorite fiddlers, and some Coldstone ice cream. The B place is now just a feignt memory. And Scully had a good night at the ballpark.
07-26-2008 01:41 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Welcome, Tim Chandler!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH