Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Daniel Amos Box Set and Rarities for collectors only! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos Box Set and Rarities for collectors only!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jsjs13
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 11-28-2008

Daniel Amos Box Set and Rarities for collectors only! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am putting up some of my rare DA stuff for sale here. I hate ebay and just want to unload these to fans and collectors at reasonable prices and be done with it!

1) Rare Demo Tape 2 of the auction Terry personally put up around 5 years ago of the Buechner Demo tapes; This is very rare and cost a good deal of cash. If the other 2 recipients of Tape 1 and the Letter are out there please contact me as i have kept my word and not shared this with anyone else or sold to anyone else - here is your chance to have Tape 2 if that is your fancy this Christmas - if not, then this will be sold to another worthy and great fan of the beloved band DANIEL AMOS!

Tape 2 appears to be a very rare and candid window into the tracking and creation of the Buechner tunes in some of their final sketches, these songs, even though being tracked, were still in a developmental stage and there are at least 2 songs recorded that did not make the final tracklist. The auction, as a whole, ended just under $1000 - myself and two other bidders split that up - so i am only attempting to get out what i put in, as this material, to my knowledge has not surfaced, at least not on my account.
selling this one for $300 OBO w/ a copy of the letter Terry wrote - all offers will be considered - don't hesitate to ask.

2) Alarma Chronicles Box Set #1224 - condition is extremely good. asking $85 (undercutting amazon's lowest priced used copy by $20)

3) Original Stunt Alarma Cd w/ bonus tracks "No Spaceship, Out of town & My Room (demo)"
- asking $25

4) Original Stunt Doppelganger CD w/ bonus live tracks - asking $25

5) Original Stunt Live Bootleg '82 CD - asking $35 (undercutting amazon by $15)

6) Original Shotgun Angel CD - asking $35

7) Original Swirling Eddies Outdoor Elvis CD - asking $30

Cool Original "Scenic Routes" & "Little Red Riding Hood" cd's asking $20 each or $35/both

9) Original "Random Acts & Hodgepodge" CD signed and numbered by Terry in gold pen - asking $35

My job is leaving by March so i am just trying to get ahead of the game - it was fun collecting while i could, but i would very much like to give these to a new uber-fan's home.

thank you
Joel

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jsjs13: 11-29-2008 14:54.

11-29-2008 14:54 jsjs13 is offline Search for Posts by jsjs13 Add jsjs13 to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Seems odd that you would be a big enough fan to have all that stuff, yet you've never posted here before. Or are you a board regular who's just posting this under a different name? Very strange...
11-29-2008 19:25 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
jsjs13
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Thread Starter Thread Started by jsjs13
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

don't know exactly how to respond to that... I dont frequent the boards very much and have not really had a reason to do so in the past - i got my stuff from an older youth pastor gentleman from my native town of Omaha, NE - i am pretty young (26) so i am not in the traditional peer group as most of DA's followers - i told him i was digging the choir, 77's, mike knott etc so he got me interested in Daniel Amos (so glad he did) - so from then on i have scoured shops and ebay for the good stuff - i can take pics to prove the validity of the items if need be - but DA is one of my favorite band and i always look forward to obscure releases and upcoming projects -
11-29-2008 19:41 jsjs13 is offline Search for Posts by jsjs13 Add jsjs13 to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Oh, don't get me wrong, Joel. I'm not accusing you of anything. It's just bizarre to see someone hardcore enough to have that kind of DA collection, who's familiar with this board, yet has never posted. It's even more bizarre to see such a hardcore fan selling off their beloved collection. Rare, indeed. You'd have to pry that stuff out of my cold, dead hands! But hey, good luck to you if that's what you want to do.
11-29-2008 19:56 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
jsjs13
Dark Steamy Cabbage

thanks James - no offense taken - I hear ya! - it has taken a while for me to get to this point, but i just figures this stuff is harder to find, and will probably get even harder to come by in the future, my main objective was to dig deep into the band and their history, i feel like i've done that - it took a long time to find all their catalog, but it was well worth the money i spent and well worth the wait - i just not into to collecting rare releases anymore, my stuff just sits, and no one i know even digs the bands i'm in love with, so its kind of sad, but for now i just want to make these available for the next chap who can benefit from them more than i am now -

- i know ill kick myself in the arse eventually, but i am also a musician and a gearhead so that stuff is an even more expensive habit! yikes
11-29-2008 20:09 jsjs13 is offline Search for Posts by jsjs13 Add jsjs13 to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

That's cool. And I hear ya on the gear thing! The cycle never ends!
11-29-2008 20:19 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I spent 3 months in Omaha, NE...about 2 1/2 months too long! That place will drive anyone nuts--it's like being on an island in a sea of corn. Perhaps that's why jsjs13 is unloading his Terry stuff....
Anyway, welcome jsjs13!

11-29-2008 20:56 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

having considered large life events myself, there is nothing wrong with reconsidering things and offloading stuff. a job loss is certainly a major life event. if you're not listening to stuff much anymore and need funds, why not? even CDs will pass away before the end of the age. if the possible loss of a CD creates that much true agony, then was it really helping one to begin with? hmmm...

Matthew 6:19 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

joel seems to have a good, pretty selfless, refreshing attitude. prayers for his job and future! and buy his stuff if ya need it and it helps ya! Smile

(no I am not seeking to get any of his stuff Roll Eyes )

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
11-30-2008 01:52 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

james.... i know of quite a few very rabid DA fans who have never posted here, even though they know about it...... not everyone is into the message board thing.

in fact.. there are folks on the DADL who don't post here at all...... and folks on the 77s listserv who don't post on the 7s board....

to each their own...

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by larryl: 11-30-2008 07:10.

11-30-2008 07:10 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
having considered large life events myself, there is nothing wrong with reconsidering things and offloading stuff. a job loss is certainly a major life event. if you're not listening to stuff much anymore and need funds, why not? even CDs will pass away before the end of the age. if the possible loss of a CD creates that much true agony, then was it really helping one to begin with? hmmm...

Matthew 6:19 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Thanks for the sermon, but losing my DA collection would not be "true agony" for me. I was being silly. I have, in fact, lost everything I own in a house fire about ten years ago. I was fine then, and I'd be fine now. I know what's important in life, so you can spare me the lecture.

I will, however, most likely still have my DA collection when I shed this mortal coil. You know why? Because I enjoy listening to it and it helps me with my spiritual walk. What a concept, huh?
11-30-2008 08:12 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:

Thanks for the sermon, but losing my DA collection would not be "true agony" for me. I was being silly. I have, in fact, lost everything I own in a house fire about ten years ago. I was fine then, and I'd be fine now. I know what's important in life, so you can spare me the lecture.

I will, however, most likely still have my DA collection when I shed this mortal coil. You know why? Because I enjoy listening to it and it helps me with my spiritual walk. What a concept, huh?

ouch. sorry you took that personally. Red Face

however, if i just lost my job and was selling my stuff, the last thing i would want to get is a bunch of questions from strangers about how much of a fan i was etc. i am glad joel didn't take offense but you had no way of knowing that ahead of time. you should be thankful joel has the heart to try to sell it to a real fan here. how would you have responded if someone you didn't know came up the week after your house burned and started joking about it? would have you just assumed they were being silly? geesh. Roll Eyes Frown

you enjoy listening to yours. joel has decided it is time to part ways with his. everybody's different and that's OK. Smile

Got a few miles left ...

11-30-2008 10:29 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jsjs13
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Hey now guysSmile

i appreciate all your comments, but what i am more interested in right now is knowing if this is the right place to put this stuff up and more importantly do these seem like fair prices in relation to the market - i came here to compete with the market's ridiculous prices and also give these to folks who would really appreciate them -

Joel
11-30-2008 12:12 jsjs13 is offline Search for Posts by jsjs13 Add jsjs13 to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
james.... i know of quite a few very rabid DA fans who have never posted here, even though they know about it...... not everyone is into the message board thing.

in fact.. there are folks on the DADL who don't post here at all...... and folks on the 77s listserv who don't post on the 7s board....

to each their own...

Yup, that is true. The majority of fans are on neither one. A small handful is on the board, another small handful is on the DADL. A larger percentage is on the news list (members of the DADL and DAmb make up a small portion of that list) and many are not a part of any of the three unfortunately.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-30-2008 13:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

quote:

ouch. sorry you took that personally. Red Face

however, if i just lost my job and was selling my stuff, the last thing i would want to get is a bunch of questions from strangers about how much of a fan i was etc. i am glad joel didn't take offense but you had no way of knowing that ahead of time. you should be thankful joel has the heart to try to sell it to a real fan here. how would you have responded if someone you didn't know came up the week after your house burned and started joking about it? would have you just assumed they were being silly? geesh. Roll Eyes Frown

A few things:

I didn't take anything you said personally. You're just some dude I don't know on a message board. You have your schtick. I get it. You made some assumptions about me and decided to give me a little sermon about earthly possessions. I let you know I didn't need it. Over and done.

None of my comments to Joel would qualify as a cruel joke or ridicule. I was curious about his situation, we had an exchange, and were fine. Then you, in your grand tradition of making unnecessary comments, decided to pop in after the fact with your Bible study and finger wagging.

Losing everything you have through no fault of your own and willingly selling some of your music collection are two very different things. "geesh", indeed.
11-30-2008 14:33 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

i just heard this classic this morning (MP3 converted from cassette, no less):

souls saved by this ministry: 11
hearts irrevocably hardened: 153 million
WHAT?! Folks, we have negative fruit here! we need to hear from you! lie if you have to! i don't care ...

dr. Edward Daniel Taylor "The Miracle Faith Telethon of Love"
Fruit O' Ministry

edit: available in the DA webstore now!

Got a few miles left ...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 12-01-2008 08:45.

12-01-2008 08:44 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I wish I had bucks for these deals. There are many I would love to have- Outdoor Elvis for $30! That is fantastic! Doppleganger! Very, very cool.

Unfortunately, I am very broke myself. I wish you all the best, Joel. (Cool name, maybe Terry will write a song about it.)

12-01-2008 11:36 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

I wish that Joel was selling these in February and not December...because I'd be able to purchase a few then...but with Christmas coming and all, I can't be shelling out money for something my wife doesn't particularly enjoy.

The selfish part of me hopes that these don't sell too fast, so maybe I can eventually pick them up...
Or I could grab one or 2 items now with nothing down...and have a few months to pay. Shocked
Serious. I'm an honourable Christian man!
But I doubt Joel would go for that, and if I were him, I probably wouldn't either.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by colorblind: 12-03-2008 11:36.

12-03-2008 11:35 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

what is a 77's 1-2-3 box set REALLY worth these days?

Got a few miles left ...

12-03-2008 14:21 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

It's probably worth it to send it to me.

12-03-2008 15:02 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
jsjs13
Dark Steamy Cabbage

still for sale Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i still have all these goodies for sale - including the mbd demo tape

please contact me if you are interested - hope everyone is enjoying the mini-tour

thx
Joel
07-08-2009 18:18 jsjs13 is offline Search for Posts by jsjs13 Add jsjs13 to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Daniel Amos Box Set and Rarities for collectors only!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH