Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » bon voyage » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page bon voyage
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

bon voyage Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just received the new Bon Voyage disc yesterday. The Starflyer 59 spinoff with Jason Martin's wife on vocals. Terry Taylor is credited with "vocal production." I wonder what that would entail. Anyone know?
10-10-2002 13:52 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I kinda like that CD by SF59 that TST produced, but have never bought it.

10-10-2002 16:17 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bon Voyage makes the sweetest music.

10-10-2002 18:18 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Vocal Production Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm not familiar with this release, but it most likely means that Terry produced the vocals--which would mean he oversaw them. If he said, "do it again" they did it again. If he said, "Try singing it this way," then they tried singing it this way. Terry's got the magic touch. I know that after recording CAACONAA, I came home from LA and my closest friends said, WOW! Something had really affected the way I sing. Terry is GOOD!
10-10-2002 20:05 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

I like SF59, but i think they got REALLY good when they took on Gene with "The Fashion Focus". They've done three albums since, and including, then. "The Fashion Focus" and "Everybody Makes Mistakes" were both with Gene and then they put out the newest one (whose name escapes me) with Terry. All three are fantastic.

I used to have the first Bon Voyage CD, but don't know what happened to it. I probably ate it b/c it was so good.
10-11-2002 07:56 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Sticky

I used to have the first Bon Voyage CD, but don't know what happened to it. I probably ate it b/c it was so good.

Roll Eyes
10-11-2002 15:43 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Sticky
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

I like SF59, but i think they got REALLY good when they took on Gene with "The Fashion Focus". They've done three albums since, and including, then. "The Fashion Focus" and "Everybody Makes Mistakes" were both with Gene and then they put out the newest one (whose name escapes me) with Terry. All three are fantastic.

I may have to get some SF59 at some point. Pleased

10-11-2002 16:26 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » bon voyage

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH