Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Tim Chandler Interview » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tim Chandler Interview
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Tim Chandler Interview Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Originally, this was supposed to be for my Blog. But since I have no time right now in my life for a Blog, I decided to share this here.

Ritchie: How did you become a member of Daniel Amos and The Choir?

Tim: I went to College with Steve Hindalong -- I had been in a band for a TV evangelist with Derri Daugherty and hooked Steve up with Derri -- later, Derri introduced me to Terry when they were looking for a new bass player.

Ritchie: Do you have any interesting stories associated with your Grammy Award nomination?

Tim: I think I've told this before, and it sounds a little like I'm trying to name-drop, but it really is the most interesting thing that happened -- my wife forced Elvis Costello (who happened to be walking by at the moment) into her line of vision so that he would have to say hi to her. He did and he was very nice, but I just about fell down laughing watching her do that.

Ritchie: At what point did you decide that music wasn't going to support you full-time?

Tim: 1997, the kids were born, I didn't want to be gone anymore and just knew I had to make a change.

Ritchie: What's your favorite album you've worked on and why?

Tim: Man, I really can't pick just one -- I've said this before and people think I'm full of [crap], but it's just that I'm still such a fan of the peolpe I've been fortunate enough to work with that it's really hard to pick.

Ritchie: What's the most bizarre experience you've had in the studio?

Tim: I can't really say that there have been any real bizzare moments in the studio, but there have been a lot of really funny ones. My most recent favorite (and, again, I've told this on the DA messageboard somewhere) was playing on a recent Lost Dogs record and I was experimenting with a super-distorted bass part which pretty much sounded like a recorded car crash -- really metalic and all, and when I finished, I looked up and Derri literally had his head in his hands, Mike was groaning and said "that is soooo wrong", someone behind him was cursing and then Terry ran into the room and yelled, "No! I'm too old for this!"

Ritchie: What's the most bizarre experience you've had at a concert?

Tim: Well, DA concerts have been known to be kind of bizzare so that's sort of hard to answer -- I just learned something from the DAMB that I never knew -- the woman who promoted the fist Eddies gig got in big trouble because we came out in drag. I'm sorry that happened to her, but it's really funny to me for some reason.

Ritchie: What is it that makes your bass playing unique?

Tim: I honestly have no idea -- mental illness?

Ritchie: What instruments do you play aside from the bass guitar?

Tim: I play trombone very badly, and guitar not much better. For some reason I've been able to trick people into letting me play guitar on records.

Ritchie: Any future projects you'd like to discuss?

Tim: The next thing for me will probably be another Dog's record.

Thanks, Tim, for your time. I know you are very busy, and we here at the DAMB appreciate the time you give to us.

05-05-2009 19:36 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

05-05-2009 22:20 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you for sharing that, Ritchie. Pleased
05-06-2009 11:19 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wish that studio moment were on film.
05-06-2009 11:40 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Tim Chandler Interview

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH