Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Doppleganger for only .50¢ » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Doppleganger for only .50¢
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DrDanAmos DrDanAmos is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-628.gif

Registration Date: 09-06-2003

Doppleganger for only .50¢ Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not a dream, not an imaginary story, not a what if... I found Daniel Amos' Doppleganger online for only 50¢.

It is a Russian download site, and I realize that they are quite controversial. All I know is that they seem to be endorsed by the Russian version of their RIAA (and that's good enough for me!) and that there was some controversy surrounding allofmp3.com years ago but any charges the RIAA were trying to bring up against them were dropped.

I HONESTLY do not believe this is a pirate music site. I am convinced that this site is just as legal as I-Tunes, but the prices are dramatically lower because the royalties paid for music in Russia is considerably lower.

Usually the prices for downloads from this site run at .20¢ per song and about $2.00 per CD so this may be a sale price.

If posting this is a problem, please understand I meant no harm! I figured most people here have physical copies of this CD but it's a good deal if you don't.

I wanted to add that I've purchased music from this site for several years now, and I rarely had a problem but they are fast to respond to the occasional problem I might have (such as not getting to download a song in time.)

upload photos to paste code

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DrDanAmos: 05-15-2009 18:07.

05-15-2009 18:04 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For it to be legit, someone connected to the album would have to be making money off o fit.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-15-2009 18:25 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So did you find it on-line for 50¢???

Or are we talking hypothetical?

Confused

While we are talking Doppelganger, any chance on a reissue any time soon?

05-15-2009 19:43 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Dignified Lazar

Thread Starter Thread Started by DrDanAmos

It was a site selling the album for download. A Russian site that, at least according to their legal page, claims "Authors, Artists and other Copyright holders including major labels are paid their fair dues."

I guess not so much with DA, at least!

And I thought Doppleganger was re-released in the Alarma Chronicles book set. But the question makes me ponder...how many of DA's albums are planned for a two disc set?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DrDanAmos: 05-15-2009 20:16.

05-15-2009 20:14 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

The Alarma Chronicles Book Set was released in very limited quantities about 9 years ago. I actually have a copy of it (minus the third CD). But I'd like a stand-alone copy of Doppelganger if I could get one. It doesn't need to be with bonus songs and so forth. Just a regular re-issue would be nice. I hope it's something coming down the pipeline.

Behind Darn Floor - Big Bite, it's my favorite DA album.

05-15-2009 20:42 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Dignified Lazar

Wow, it seriously doesn't seem like that the book set came out 9 years ago. Time flies...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DrDanAmos: 05-15-2009 21:04.

05-15-2009 21:04 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

The original intent was to rerelease everything as a two disc set.

We are looking at another option for the Alarma Chronicles.. but it may not be a single option, it may end up being a couple of different things. I know thats very vague, but I can't get more detailed just yet! One idea to bring it back as soon as possible is already in the works. No dates, no schedule or anything like that yet.. just in the works.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-15-2009 21:52 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I'm looking forward to whatever it may be. Any rough estimation on a timeline? Sometime in 2010? 2011?

05-16-2009 08:07 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

05-16-2009 14:33 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
No dates, no schedule

I guess I didn't read that very carefully.

05-16-2009 14:35 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by DrDanAmos
It was a site selling the album for download. A Russian site that, at least according to their legal page, claims "Authors, Artists and other Copyright holders including major labels are paid their fair dues."

I guess not so much with DA, at least!

And I thought Doppleganger was re-released in the Alarma Chronicles book set. But the question makes me ponder...how many of DA's albums are planned for a two disc set?

Terry doesn't recieve checks from Russia. Besides, if they sell the album for 50 cents, and they take their cut... how much a fair due would you think they would be paying anyone? A penny?

If Terry's stuff is put up for download, it will be through this website, or Dan Michaels or someone like that.

05-16-2009 14:51 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Dignified Lazar

Again, I meant no offense to anybody, especially Terry. And that price was just lowered...they usually charge more...so I figured it was like a sale.

I was actually quite surprised to see them on there at all. I mean, I love Doppleganger and all...great album...but for all the ones to put up for download on some Russian site they choose that one? It just seems so...oddly random.

I do hope you can get it taken down at the very least, since it's not authorized.

05-18-2009 17:28 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Sites like that typically depend on their users to rip and upload mp3 files from their own CDs (yes, I have used a couple of them in the past). The submissions are highly unauthorized. The site owners simply pay a blanket licensing fee to their own equivalents to ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, SoundExchange, and whatnot as a sort of CYA maneuver.
05-18-2009 17:37 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah they may think that covers it, but sending the fee without first getting permission to distribute will still get ya in trouble.

05-18-2009 19:19 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Doppleganger for only .50¢

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH