Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » No News Is... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page No News Is...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

No News Is... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm not trying to start a riot or anything here, recognizing there will be news when there's news to be...but man, does it ever get deathly quiet on the board when there's nothing new being sold.
06-13-2012 19:35 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

SoS deaux Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I alluded to this in a recent post titled SoS (ala Simon & Garfunkel). I want to support Terry and the band, and so it helps to have something new to buy.

06-13-2012 20:09 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Neverhood thing... being finished... we're in the artwork/packaging stages... Tom is currently cleaning some artwork I believe...

HD Deluxe... wheels are still rolling... its a little vague as far as a timetable unfortunately. I'm currently waiting on Charles to get back to me about a potential track list. Some of the guys are still digging through tapes.

New (as of yet unannounced) Deluxe Reissue... more info coming soon.. tapes are being restored... archives are being raided... etc, etc. It'll continue in the same style as Deluxe reissues of the first album, Shotgun Angel, and Darn Floor. At least two discs.. expanded artwork, lots of bonus material, etc.

The DA live DVD idea is a wildcard. If the footage ever all ends up in the same place at one time, it could happen fairly quickly.

New DA.... tentative recording schedule is set, but not in stone yet. Hard to say anything (or even launch Kickstarter) until everyone is ready to go. The Kickstarter thing will have to start any day now however to get the cash in time for recording as early as they want to... so expect something soon there. There should also be a new DA website layout around the same time.

On the outside, I'm sure its a little like watching paint dry - but believe me there is quite a bit happening. Its all in very fluid stages and if too much is announced too early, we'll get our heads bitten off by somebody when everything changes. The Neverhood thing and the new deluxe reissue should be the first two things to go on sale.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-13-2012 20:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Cuil! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks, this helps!

06-13-2012 20:22 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

how about a DA button decoder ring and It's the Eighties rocket pack... order now and get a complimentary Camarillo Eddie genuine napalm BBQ lighter?

see, we just got to work up that marketing thing a bit
...what do you think?

oh, sorry, you were serious, well that *is* cool!

Psalm 119:83

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sondance: 06-14-2012 21:15.

06-13-2012 21:16 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

All this sounds great! If anything comes out in the immediate future I might have to wait until fall when I get an additional paycheck through coaching cross country. If you start the Kickstarter, I will discover some amount of funds somewhere so that I can contribute as I deeply desire a new DA album. I am not sure if I am crossing my fingers for delux Motorcycle or delux Fearful Symmetry or delux Swirling Eddies. I guess I will wait and see or maybe you will surprise me with a delux rapsures (I certainly hope not as I don't think I can convince my wallet to support that at this time).

Thanks for all the work you guys do in encouraging the band to keep on creating!

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
06-14-2012 13:37 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Doke Doke is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Very cool on all fronts! And I'm definitely in for a DA button decoder ring...
06-19-2012 08:06 Doke is offline Search for Posts by Doke Add Doke to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » No News Is...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH