Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Uncle Randy at my church » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Uncle Randy at my church
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
PaulM PaulM is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 03-21-2002

Uncle Randy at my church Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's been 15 or 20 years since I bought my first Randy Stonehill LP, but I never had heard him live--until last night! He played at our church in Grand Rapids, Mich. What a treat! He does a terrific show, and hung around afterwards until everyone had gone home except the guy turning out the lights. He is quite likeable and approachable. I also never really had an appreciation for what a terrific guitar player his is. He played mostly newer stuff, including a couple of songs from his new childrens album. I bought a copy, but haven't listened to it yet.
One TST story. Randy was talking about the Uncle Stonehill's Hat recording sessions, where "grown men were laughing and giggling uncontrollably." He said that at one point TST, who co-wrote many of the songs and produced, looked at him and said, "Can you believe we can make a living doing this?" Life is good.
Now if only I could catch DA live . . . . The Stonehill show reminded me of the let-down of the Legends show cancellation last fall.
By the way, Randy said that LN is re-releasing Welcome to Paradise on CD. It's in final production, should be available in the next couple of weeks. Also, he's doing an acoustic album of original tunes, due out in Sept. Groovy!
04-22-2002 08:59 PaulM is offline Send an Email to PaulM Search for Posts by PaulM Add PaulM to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's been 15years since I've seen Randy in Concert!!!

I'll have to talk to Celia about that. Big Grin
BD

04-22-2002 18:52 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have been to many shows, even saw Uncle Larry once, but I have never seen Uncle Randy. He was here in NorCal the same night of a hardcore show at my church. I had to work the show instead of going to see him. Bummer.
LK-9

04-22-2002 20:03 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

I got to see Randy solo at a Baptist church in Baton Rouge a good number of years ago. He is indeed a great performer solo and a purty durn good guitarist as well. Concerts like that are few and far between down here and I happened to stumble across it when at a seminar. Thankfully we were able to take it in. Thanks for bringing up the memory.

JB
04-23-2002 12:34 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Uncle Rand Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Great to hear that Uncle Rand is still on the move! He came to NZ with Phil Keaggy (plus Tim C and David R) years ago and played a great concert. I drove 4 hours to see them.
How about a DA tour of New Zealand??

www.smashthatcomputer.com
04-24-2002 17:47 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by wayneb
Great to hear that Uncle Rand is still on the move! He came to NZ with Phil Keaggy (plus Tim C and David R) years ago and played a great concert. I drove 4 hours to see them.

There is a guy who posts here regularly by the name of Andrew that would definitely be there. Big Grin

bobd

04-24-2002 17:56 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

quote:
Originally posted by Strange Animal
quote:
Originally posted by wayneb

There is a guy who posts here regularly by the name of Andrew that would definitely be there. Big Grin

yeah and me too.

Oh wait....

Err thanks

04-25-2002 17:05 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Uncle Randy at my church

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH