Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » G i f t H o r $ e » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page G i f t H o r $ e
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

G i f t H o r $ e Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

to pay $15 or $3.99 Confused

http://www.thelostdogs.com/store/
The Lost Dogs "Gift Horse" Price: $15.00

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/B...RC&item_code=WW
Gift Horse, CD Lost Dogs Preferred Customer Price: $3.99

Is this a "Moral dilemma" Confused

any thoughts . . . I moved this from "lyrics" sorry for the duplicate post there.

also...
77s, Tom Tom Blues, CD Preferred Customer Price: $0.99 (what ? ! ?) Confused
Margaret Becker, Falling Forward, CD Preferred Customer Price: $1.99
Randy Stonehill, Thirst, CD Preferred Customer Price: $3.99
Charlie Peacock, Kingdom Come, CD $1.99
Charlie Peacock, Strangelanguage, CD $1.99
PFR, The Late Great PFR, CD $1.99
Sarah Masen, Carry Us Through, CD $1.99
Sarah Masen, Sarah Masen, CD $1.99
& Here :
Terry Scott Taylor "John Wayne" Price: $15.00
CBC :
Terry Scott Taylor, John Wayne, CD $6.99

I paid $14 - $17 for these titles...

it kind of ticks me off to see a copy of "darn floor" go for
$65 on ebay (unless it was me selling...) but 77s, Tom Tom Blues CD for 99 cents ? kind of ticks me off too ! (unless it was me buying...)

11-08-2002 14:53 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yup, we have had this problem before.

It comes down to this, certain stores buy up tons of CDs
and usually undercut us some to try and get sales...
but they have no idea how to market the CDs to the right people so they end up with waaaaay too many and put em into 'cost cutter bargain bins.'
Which is free market, but it really hurts the band who
tries to sell these albums themselves. Do we drop our
prices to match and let the bands go broke?
We don't deal in the high volume and can't compete
with that kind of price.

From our perspective, as we watch certain stores do
this, it will effect who we deal with in the future.
It will also effect at what price we sell CDs to these stores. We did not sell Gift Horse to this certain store,
but say "Little, Big" would have to come from us if they
want to carry it.

I would say if you can get a good deal, go for it.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-08-2002 15:11 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thread Starter Thread Started by DaLe
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

[ I would say if you can get a good deal, go for it. ]

my problem is, I can never wait for the GooD DeaL.
(I love Tuesday's)

I feel like buying a bunch of these Great CD's from
Christianbooks & giving them to my friends etc...

11-08-2002 15:50 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

You go DaLe!...

I'll be your friend!...(except, I probably have most of them already)...Frown

11-08-2002 19:34 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Smile

11-09-2002 11:31 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Just get the CD.

11-10-2002 08:58 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
B Diddy
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Just get the CD.

get them all!

heck by two or three of each one! Smile )
11-10-2002 09:26 B Diddy is offline Search for Posts by B Diddy Add B Diddy to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by B Diddy
quote:
Just get the CD.

get them all!

heck by two or three of each one! Smile )

Exactly

11-10-2002 09:35 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

I did . . .

11-11-2002 09:13 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

I also got a copy of 77's drownding with land in sight for
.80 cent at a thrift store ! now I need to find a friend that would like it & not just listen once & "toss" it...

11-11-2002 09:52 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Cool

11-11-2002 10:20 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
...now I need to find a friend that would like it & not just listen once & "toss" it...

Bexactaly!...This is our dilema...this is our cross to bear as DA/SE/Lost Dogs/Adam Again/77's/The Choir, etc. fans...

Frown

11-11-2002 10:31 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
to pay $15 or $3.99 Confused

http://www.thelostdogs.com/store/
The Lost Dogs "Gift Horse" Price: $15.00

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/B...RC&item_code=WW
Gift Horse, CD Lost Dogs Preferred Customer Price: $3.99

Is this a "Moral dilemma" Confused

How to solve your dilemma: buy it from both sites.

Big Grin
11-12-2002 10:21 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

YeS ! you are VeRY WiSe ...

I get a DeaL $3.99, & "support" the band $15 ...

why didn't I think of that Big Grin

11-12-2002 14:44 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

And the CD really is worth the 20 bucks. Consider it a two for one deal.

11-12-2002 18:19 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

o.k.

11-14-2002 13:34 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Hey DaLe.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"...now I need to find a friend that would like it & not just listen once & 'toss' it..."

I'LL be yr friend.... Wink

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
11-14-2002 13:42 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Mark Mark is a male

If someone tossed it, they might not be your friend.

11-14-2002 17:01 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
If someone tossed it, they might not be your friend.

who wants to toss cookies? Evil

11-14-2002 17:03 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Go to BTG

11-14-2002 17:14 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » G i f t H o r $ e

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH