Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Daniel Amos special projects... HUH? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos special projects... HUH?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
SleeplessDreamer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-18-2003

Daniel Amos special projects... HUH? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

EXTRA, EXTRA! Looking for the delivery of the Dr. Edward Taylor special project! I bought it from these guys back in August. Still waiting arrival.
02-18-2003 17:51 SleeplessDreamer is offline Send an Email to SleeplessDreamer Search for Posts by SleeplessDreamer Add SleeplessDreamer to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Settle down friend. We're all waiting.

02-18-2003 18:43 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got mine today!

Not.Crying

02-18-2003 23:54 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Originally posted by SleeplessDreamer
EXTRA, EXTRA! Looking for the delivery of the Dr. Edward Taylor special project! I bought it from these guys back in August. Still waiting arrival.

Yeah. I'm waiting too! I ordered two. One was a Christmas present. And I'm moving in the next few weeks. I hope it comes before I move.

Waiting....

-- aotp
02-19-2003 10:26 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
Yeah. I'm waiting too! I ordered two. One was a Christmas present. And I'm moving in the next few weeks. I hope it comes before I move.

At least you've got a year before they quit forwarding your mail to your new address.

Big Grin

02-19-2003 11:04 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

is sleepless dreamer that guy from the DADL that keeps complaining about the "customer service" here? I really don't think the delays are on purpose. I'm just happy to know that I am getting one when they do finally arrive.

02-20-2003 13:17 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I think he is from Dallas! Smile )

02-20-2003 16:55 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

We can't wait for this CD.

02-21-2003 21:21 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Long, Long, Long... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nag time.

DEDTII was ordered and paid for last Summer by some really loyal hardcore fans. If there are going to be delays of this type, most of us understand and gladly extend a little grace.

It would be extremely helpful though to have periodic status updates (even once a month would be great). That would at least help the poor fan waiting patiently at the mailbox (like me.)

Seem reasonable? What do you think?

02-22-2003 08:30 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

They have said something about it twice in the past 30 days or so....I admit it's not a lot of information, but they do tell us what they know when they can. Cool

02.11.2003, 16:21
"We'll see if we can get an update on this... last we heard, we were supposed to have it last week I think."

01.23.2003, 16:28
"All of the Hodgepodges have shipped except for about 10 copies.. those should be going out soon as well.

We still have a few Ac2 discs to ship - to those of you that didn't order Hodgepodge.

The latest on Prickly Heat... JT tells us that we should have it in hand by the first week of February.

j&e"

02-22-2003 09:32 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Well... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Right. I saw that, but like you said it didn't provide any really useful information. Plus the second one was just a response to someone else asking the same question as me.

An update that gives us an estimate on a shipment date would be the best, along with any other tidbits they could share. Just proactively communicating useful data once in a while goes a very long way toward customer relations.

02-22-2003 10:10 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

I agree...

But how many times can they say we don't know anything new? I guess even a No News update is better than no update at all. Wink

BD
02-22-2003 11:03 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Smile

02-22-2003 11:47 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Woolly Eggwhisk

Well... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I agree.

I'll confess also that there's a hidden agenda here for me. If they gave regular updates, somehow the whole process might move along faster. (Some tired old cliche about the squeeky wheel, I think.)

Overall it just seems like the processes are moving a little slow.

In retrospect, '02 was still a great release year, and most of us are really grateful for that. And I guess it's a little easier for me to be patient when I'm not suffering from a bad case of TST withdrawal.

Big Grin

02-22-2003 12:33 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Yes, we agree. We know nothing about this release.
We have not heard it, we are not involved in it's
manufacture... we are waiting on the boxes to show up.

Once we have them, they ship. We were told we would have
them by now but nope.

We do know there was an artwork problem for a while.

Don't know what else to say.

If it were up to us, we wouldn't announce a CD until
we had it in hand. But for various reasons sometimes
JT decides to do it differently than that.

If we didn't announce them until we had them here, there would be no delay and less problems for us. Anything we
are involved with manufacturing will probably be done this way, we have a couple items planned but have no timeframe on
when they will be done so we will not announce them.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-22-2003 12:45 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Addendum to the last one Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dear Townsends,

The last few comments I hope do not detract from this simple fact: you guys work very hard to facilitate all
this, and I continue to be very grateful, regardless of any delays.

To be honest, I got disconnected a few years after DFBB when I heard they formed a new band. (Biggest mistake of my life not getting Eddies stuff on CD when I had the chance.) But it was through Bibleland and this web site that I reconnected. This is where I go now for almost all DA-related stuff.

Thank you again.

02-22-2003 12:46 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

This website is the greatest!

02-22-2003 17:24 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

When this one comes I'll be happy.

Little barb to the boys. Any word on the stuff I ordered in the fall? I've tried to get you guys via regular channels.

Sigh

02-22-2003 21:58 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

The only current delays are

- "Real Men Cry" (they finally shipped the CDs, but ended up shipping them to JT instead of us.. we should have them some time this week)

- "Mr Buechner's Dream" - it's back in stock now, but its taking us a few days to get caught up on those orders.

- "Horrendous Disc" - its back in stock and all orders have shipped.. but some folks that ordered it recently have had a bit of a delay.

Other than that, we're basically up to date on everything in the DA store (except email). There is of course the usual delay with international orders, which is probably the hold up with your order (unless you fit into one of the categories above).

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-22-2003 22:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Thanks for the info

02-23-2003 18:00 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Daniel Amos special projects... HUH?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH