Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Father Loves the Son-Theo » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Father Loves the Son-Theo
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

The Father Loves the Son-Theo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dambers and All-
I got Theos book in the mail yesterday, and I started it last night. Though perhaps small in size- I want to take my time, and feel I know Theo so much better after even a few pages in.
And JT wrote such a beautifully warm introduction, Theo is right.
I am going slowly-it seems I can feel what is trying to be said-more than just reading it. That is a great accomplishment in itself, much like great songs are more than words and melody-they convey emotion.
I would just encourage any of 'de faithful'- this is a story you want to read, I don't know if my endorsement means a thing-but anyone with children, or even not, should read this.

My 14 year old daughter simply can?t read. She tries so hard, but it is such a struggle. The blessing in that is - my wife and I can still read to her regularly. This book is next, for her and I.
And I know already her tender heart will be touched by your gracious writing.
Thanks Theo.
Hat in hand-
Jiminy
06-11-2002 08:09 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Theo,

After just receiving the CD of the concert (I also have the DVD), I just got done re-reading your book. It is so touching. I can't help but feel that I was there. This book just makes me cry like a big baby. Losing a loved one is the hardest thing to endure. It especially touched me more reading it this time after losing two close family members in the past three months, my uncle and my grandmother. This has been very hard on me, but I can't imagine losing one of my children. Anyway, thank you for the book and your music. You are obviously a great and loving father and you dedicated your life and trusted God to take care of your son.

01-30-2003 17:22 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am super short on cash right now, so didn't get the cd....
but I have the dvd and was "actually there..." Big Grin It was a very, very touching night.... I stayed in a hotel in Seattle by myself that night, but as soon as a got back to Spokane, gave my son just a huge hug and held him tight... Smile Just one of those shows you don't forget........

01-30-2003 17:33 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

oh yeah!

the book is an incredible work. it's written the same way theo talks which in my opinion makes it all the more personal. i feel very fortunate to have gotten to know theo a bit, and keep him up all night begging for "andy stories" and talking about our lives and the mysteries of our faith.

theo has been a faithful servant, and i take great pride in calling him brother.

don't forget to visit andy's angels and drop a note on the message board...heck...buy something! Big Grin it's all for a great cause.

life is short. live well. love well.

01-30-2003 17:49 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I posted the message over there as well. Thanks wes

01-30-2003 21:03 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

no problem. Smile

01-30-2003 21:14 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

y'all are just so sweeet.

01-31-2003 11:17 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

that book just gave me the most awesome feelings.........love and care and tenderness and reality.

I cannot fathom what Theo went through - but I noticed, through it all, such a quiet joy.........such a strength of purpose. That's what struck me the most - because the utter anguish of the unsaved who lose a child must be absolutely devastating.

What a remarkable thing - to KNOW that Andy is now cradled in the arms of the Lord, and waiting for his Dad to join him, to watch M*A*S*H reruns once again. I hope I can meet him there, too Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

01-31-2003 11:36 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

A few words... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You all are so very kind.
Thank you.
01-31-2003 19:54 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Smile

01-31-2003 19:56 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Father Loves the Son-Theo

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH