Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » what if... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page what if...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

what if... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...i were to sell some of my da collection (duplicates mind you) giving anything over my reserve directly to da.

1. would the townsends, terry or anyone else mind?

2. would anyone be interested in such a auction?

let me know what you all think. i know everyones interest will be determined on what titles are avalible...but i don't want to list anything until i know that the townsends and terry are cool with the idea. Smile

04-16-2003 14:23 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm sure they'll be totally against it.
I mean, I know I would.

Making real money off my own music?
c'mon, who are we kidding?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-16-2003 14:27 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

audiori@DanielAmos.com Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Got a question that you want answered in the FAQ?

Send it to audiori@DanielAmos.com

Please put "FAQ" in the subject line.

Roll Eyes

04-16-2003 14:41 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Thread Starter Thread Started by wes berlin
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
I'm sure they'll be totally against it.
I mean, I know I would.

Making real money off my own music?
c'mon, who are we kidding?

i understand, maybe i wasn't clear enough, let me try to explain.....

if, and i say this as example only, i were to sell "the alarma chronicles book set" with a reserve of $40.00 and it sold for $80.00...then terry or the web store would get the $40.00 that was over the reserve.

my intention is not to make money at anyones expense....however, it would come in handy (for me at this point) to recoup some money as well as give some to terry or the web store. plus there are some out there who, i think, would like to be able to purchase some "out of print" titles knowing that a portion of the monies would go back to support the web store/ terry.

04-16-2003 14:55 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

That's a kind thought. It sounds like a win-win for everyone.

04-16-2003 15:39 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
if, and i say this as example only, i were to sell "the alarma chronicles book set" with a reserve of $40.00 and it sold for $80.00...then terry or the web store would get the $40.00 that was over the reserve.

my intention is not to make money at anyones expense....however, it would come in handy (for me at this point) to recoup some money as well as give some to terry or the web store. plus there are some out there who, i think, would like to be able to purchase some "out of print" titles knowing that a portion of the monies would go back to support the web store/ terry.

sure that sounds like a good idea... keep me posted on what you decide to do! Smile )

I like the idea of Terry/web store getting some of that money! Pleased

04-16-2003 16:06 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

If anyone wants to do anything like this,
the money would go all to Terry/the band.

Thats the reason we are here.

I am sure Terry would appreciate it.
Terry's income is very seasonal, around mid-summer
when albums usually come out, he does pretty well but
by winter things start getting thin.

And yeah we are working on a FAQ page for the
messageboard here. It's just not at the top of the
to do list.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-18-2003 12:54 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

cool! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

alrighty folks click here

did i mention bid often?!? Smile

04-18-2003 14:56 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Way to go, Wes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You're always finding creative ways to support people in what they have a passion to do!
Thankx from me, for sure!
I'm sure DA will thank you too!
04-18-2003 15:29 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Hey, where's this?

Australasia

(he he he, i'm a big brat.................it just made me giggle...........sorry Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

04-18-2003 15:49 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Ubique Epoque

That is cool! Cool

04-18-2003 16:40 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

mr. berlin is a real fan! Smile
really....

Cool
04-18-2003 16:43 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ubique Epoque

If I did not have the bookset I would bid on this one! Smile )

04-18-2003 16:44 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

maybe....you might like this Big Grin

bid often!

04-18-2003 17:13 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

wow.
Gene too?

and you are selling that? Shocked

04-18-2003 17:16 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

yep.

it's all good, i just hope it'll raise some decent money for terry. it's all a gamble....but you never know until you try.

04-18-2003 17:19 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

wow.
you is a good man! Smile )

04-18-2003 17:19 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
wow.
you is a good man! Smile )

not really....i just feel that action is always better than no action. there comes a time when you have to put your cds where your mouth is. Big Grin

but thanks just the same. Smile

04-18-2003 17:22 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Aloha's Bus Driver
unregistered
Maybe my wife won't kill me.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Okay, so I bid on the bookset.

Now let's see if I get outbid. I probably will - it's still early.

But hey, after about five minutes of begging the wife (and using the ol' stuck out lip trick -- works every time...well, almost...) She let me put in (albeit a small one) a maximum bid.

And I'm giving up a lot of my spending money for a little while too....But hey, I'm looking at it as giving to a ministry, so why not? Sorta like casting my bread upon the waters, and maybe it'll come back to me in the form of the Alarma Chronicles...hmmm...

~ jeremy
04-18-2003 22:31
Ubique Epoque

Good Luck dude! Smile )

04-19-2003 12:01 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » what if...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH