Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Irony at Danielamos.net » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Irony at Danielamos.net
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Irony at Danielamos.net Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Theo, I hope you don't mind me posting this.

I was going through the guestbook at DanielAmos.net and found Theo's entry. I had to chuckle at the irony of it all. Wink

Saturday 05/06/2000 4:41:59am
Name: Theo Obrastoff
Comments: Thank you so much for video clips. I can't think of a greater treat than seeing DA in a live (vs dead) concert. Since DA doesn't really tour, at least not to Washington, those clips might be the only chance I'll ever have to see them live (at least on this side of things). Soon, Theo =-)

Big Grin Pleased Smile ) Smile Tongue Tongue Cool

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
03-10-2003 05:55 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick
Since DA doesn't really tour, at least not to Washington, those clips might be the only chance I'll ever have to see them live (at least on this side of things). Soon, Theo =-)

Crying

Cool
03-10-2003 14:15 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Toque Boy Toque Boy is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 12-08-2002

What a change 3 years makes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not only as far as Theo's connection with Terry but even with the popularity of Terry and DA. Maybe the number of fans has not increased but the accessibility of Terry seems to have grown. I got to see him at CreationFest West and in Seattle in 2001 and then with the Lost Dogs in Vancouver, BC this past year. I am not complaining!!
03-10-2003 15:52 Toque Boy is offline Send an Email to Toque Boy Search for Posts by Toque Boy Add Toque Boy to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Toque Boy
Not only as far as Theo's connection with Terry but even with the popularity of Terry and DA. Maybe the number of fans has not increased but the accessibility of Terry seems to have grown. I got to see him at CreationFest West and in Seattle in 2001 and then with the Lost Dogs in Vancouver, BC this past year. I am not complaining!!

I am! They played a lousy 20 minutes at that stupid Creation Fest.... I didn't even go because I knew ahead of time that they would only play that long.... I did go to the private TST/Mike Roe show the next day....
Yes, the Dogs have played Seattle area, but the Dogs are not DA...... Crying

Cool
03-10-2003 16:11 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Toque Boy Toque Boy is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 12-08-2002

I do agree with the silly CreationFest West thing. It was so LAME! The show that Terry and Mike Roe did in Seattle was pretty nice though. It was a couple of hours of Terry and Mike with guitars.

That said, I'd love to see DA performing live.

Anyone want to send me to Cornerstone? Please?
03-10-2003 16:17 Toque Boy is offline Send an Email to Toque Boy Search for Posts by Toque Boy Add Toque Boy to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Toque Boy

Anyone want to send me to Cornerstone? Please?

me too! Crying

Cool
03-10-2003 16:22 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Scrim---- Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You made my day!! Cool
I OFTEN think about this. A mere six years ago I only new of perhaps one-eighth of the DA related albums out there and hadn't even heard of the Lost Dogs. I wasn't much into the world-web. When I *did* get on line, that's when an entirely new world opened up for my knowledge of DA/etc. Also, when I was teaching, a pal of mine had collected most everything DA ever put out. But I had no idea where to buy the stuff or to even know if it were still in print or not.

At any rate, having my own words come back at me in this way makes me smile big time. I spent the entire weekend in the ER of a hospital. It was a little serious and very draining. Now I'm recouping, and there is nothing like joy to heal the entire person. Thankx very much for the healing post!
03-10-2003 16:29 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
You made my day!! Cool

You've made our year Theo, thanks for sharing it with us. Red Face

BD

03-10-2003 23:57 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Townsends? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have heard a rumor that DA won't be playing live anymore?
Is there any truth to this?
I sure hope not! Crying

03-11-2003 15:58 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

they don't anyways unless you can make it to Cstone.... Frown

Cool
03-11-2003 16:02 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

I'd sure like the chance to see DA play. I've never been to a da concert.

03-11-2003 16:08 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Indeed.

03-11-2003 23:25 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
You made my day!! Cool
I OFTEN think about this. A mere six years ago I only new of perhaps one-eighth of the DA related albums out there and hadn't even heard of the Lost Dogs. I wasn't much into the world-web. When I *did* get on line, that's when an entirely new world opened up for my knowledge of DA/etc. Also, when I was teaching, a pal of mine had collected most everything DA ever put out. But I had no idea where to buy the stuff or to even know if it were still in print or not.

At any rate, having my own words come back at me in this way makes me smile big time. I spent the entire weekend in the ER of a hospital. It was a little serious and very draining. Now I'm recouping, and there is nothing like joy to heal the entire person. Thankx very much for the healing post!

theo, you the man, you inspire us all.

to the people of the damb...
go to andy's angels and buy lot's o stuff!

bumper stickers

cds

books

buy it all!!! i'm sure theo would appeciate it Smile

peace to all.

03-12-2003 00:02 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

bump... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For the record, Berlin isn't on the AAR payrole. But he is so very supportive and passionate about the story and the cause. For that matter, I'm not on the payrole either. HA! Big Grin

But the project is at a very crucial apex and sales/donations will be very helpful. That's why the bumper stickers were produced--fuel for the fire. This DA home, along with the DADL and other DLs, is the most important base for the project. I thank you and will continue to thank you again and again!

Terry tells me there is just a bit more recording to take place this week (with Stonehill, I believe) and then it'll be off to the races.

God is good! and y'all are pretty cool too!
03-12-2003 11:37 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I can't wait.

03-12-2003 14:29 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
For the record, Berlin isn't on the AAR payrole.

Crying

03-12-2003 18:42 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Now I feel bad, Wes... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

To perfectly honest, AAR/theo is on Berlin's payrole. He takes such great care of me when I visit Southern CA. Big Grin
03-12-2003 19:22 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
quote:
For the record, Berlin isn't on the AAR payrole.

Crying

did you just find this out for the first time? Shocked

03-12-2003 20:38 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
[did you just find this out for the first time? Shocked

i just figured that "the check was in the mail"

Big Grin

03-12-2003 21:05 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

No... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

But the BS is!! Can't wait, eh?!?!? Big Grin
03-12-2003 21:55 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Irony at Danielamos.net

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH