Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hey Tim!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
One Weigh Street
unregistered
Hey Tim! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Did you ever ask Terry about a Surfonic part 2, or why there will never be another one?
04-10-2003 14:41
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

hey, one weigh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i haven't had a chance to ask terry, but i'm reasonably sure that it just didn't sell enough records to make the record company weas...i mean execs, happy. if it had done well, they would've made surfonic2 a long time ago.
04-10-2003 15:17 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's sad if it didn't sell well. That was one DA related CD that they actually had a big display for in the Christian bookstore here in town. It seemed to get a bigger push than most other DA related CD's.

04-10-2003 15:23 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it's one of my least favorite tst related products.... Red Face

Cool
04-10-2003 15:30 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Maybe that's because the boys didn't play or sing all the songs?

04-10-2003 15:31 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

too many wussy ccm bands on it.... Red Face

Cool
04-10-2003 15:33 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Mark Mark is a male

That is true. There were a couple of other good songs though. I'd have to look at the track listing, but the Stonehill song was good.

04-10-2003 15:34 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

yes.... i didn't say it was total crap....
just one of my least favorite tst related products....
which means it's still good! Big Grin

Cool
04-10-2003 15:36 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
One Weigh Street
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
It's sad if it didn't sell well. That was one DA related CD that they actually had a big display for in the Christian bookstore here in town. It seemed to get a bigger push than most other DA related CD's.

I saw the display too. I thought the songs were great, and I thought the concept was brilliant. I lent it to my buddy. He liked it so much that he bought one for himself and his brother. I got a copy for my niece for her birthday. she plays it all the time.

I think with songs like "Into the Deep", "A Good Sailor Knows", "Endless Summer Part 2", and "Wave Perfect", it comes out as one of Terry's magnum opuses.

Hey Tim, speaking of "A Good Sailor Knows", was that supposed to be Clinton saying "does that look like an iceberg to you?", during the fadeout? It sounds like a Clinton imitation to me. Is it?
Jim
04-10-2003 15:50
Daniel Amos

hey, jim Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think that was just supposed to be a "dumb guy" voice and no one in particular--i could be completely wrong--i wasn't there when they were tracking the vocals
04-10-2003 15:57 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

hey tim Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Who do you enjoy performing live with the best (Choir / DA) and who do you enjoy (writing/recording) with the best (Choir / DA). If you've posted on this before, I apologize for asking it again.

-Jolly
04-10-2003 16:21 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hey, jolly Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i know this sounds like a total cop-out but i've played so long with both of those bands and have such a blast in both of them, i really can't pick between the two...ok, DA because it doesn't have dan michaels in it.

(just kidding dan, it's only a joke. everyone just relax.)

gotta go for today, but i'll be back tomorrow morning if anyone wants to chat--
04-10-2003 16:31 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Dan did play with DA in one Knott's Berry Farm gig years ago.

04-10-2003 19:36 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Tim
I have a special request, but I need you to e-mail me personally. It is a DA related request. I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Commander Cote
rebelbase2001@attbi.com
04-10-2003 21:20 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Hi Tim.

Just wanted to say that Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

04-10-2003 22:13 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Mark Mark is a male

Hi Tim. It's always good to see you're here.

04-11-2003 08:35 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Bubba Death Machine
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 05-28-2002
Location: Comin' to yer town.... we'll help you kick the devil's ass for Jesus!

Yo, Timmy-Dude! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Stop, like, wasting yer time in that, like, you know, grey cube!

You need, like, a gig or something, dude? You could, like, join US! You can, you know, crash in our garage! No, like, rent, even! And my moms can cook! We'll even buy you, like, a pint of Ben & Jerry's after each practice!

We'll bet that's, like, more than you, like, you know, get for playing with, you know, friggin' Terry! And we, like, write WAY better songs than those Derry and Steve-dudes! Whaddyou, like, SAY, Timmy-Dude?

But, like, don't send Berger instead. He's got, like, friggin' chops and all, but we got, like, enough inner friggin' turmoil around here! You know how bands, like, GET! Big Grin

Vinny Foster (vocals, bass) * Lenny Gwineer (axe) * R. Brown (skins)
04-11-2003 08:54 Bubba Death Machine is offline Send an Email to Bubba Death Machine Homepage of Bubba Death Machine Search for Posts by Bubba Death Machine Add Bubba Death Machine to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I thought I was, like, Steve dude. Now you're referring to someone else who, like, actually, you know, has something to like contribute Steve dude. I have, like, no talent, so please don't, like, you know, confuse me with, like, Steve Hindawhatever, you know!

04-11-2003 09:09 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Bubba Death Machine
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 05-28-2002
Location: Comin' to yer town.... we'll help you kick the devil's ass for Jesus!

Dude, duuuuude, du-hu-huuuuuuuuuuude! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You, like, KNOW, yer like THE Steve-Dude! Big Grin

We can't, like, friggin' help if that Gitalong or Hindquarter or whatever the frig his last name guy from that lam-o band's got the same first name, like, now, can, you know, WE?!?!?!!?!

Vinny Foster (vocals, bass) * Lenny Gwineer (axe) * R. Brown (skins)
04-11-2003 09:22 Bubba Death Machine is offline Send an Email to Bubba Death Machine Homepage of Bubba Death Machine Search for Posts by Bubba Death Machine Add Bubba Death Machine to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hi woggy and mark and bubba--

dude, the garage offer is tempting but thankfully i don't work in a grey cube. (thank you, God!!) so it's really not so bad here. (in fact, i have the best day job i could have possibly ever gotten.)

but i do kinda miss those old daysSmile
04-11-2003 09:25 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH