Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's best vocals » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry's best vocals
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Terry's best vocals Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My wife and I were talking about What songs are Terry's best vocally. She says Hole In The World wins hands down. I agree that that is a good one but I also like One More Time because of it's haunting melancholy. The Twist is also good. What do you think?

04-17-2003 00:54 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

3 great ones

Compliments to Mrs. Smith

How about Props? Seriously...Writer's Block?

04-17-2003 00:58 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"writers block" is good.

but i would have to say....

"you lay down"

"youth with a machine"

"if you want to"

"build her a cloud"

"the twist"

"blowing smoke"

....i'm sure there's a million others Smile

04-17-2003 01:41 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

YLD is a great vocal!

04-17-2003 01:44 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Home Permanent

04-17-2003 01:45 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

This isn't about your best vocal, Artic!

04-17-2003 01:47 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

lol!

04-17-2003 01:50 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:
Originally posted by .backs.
This isn't about your best vocal, Artic!

Of course not! I've done much better! Big Grin

04-17-2003 01:50 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

The Twist
04-17-2003 11:40 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Everything on Doppelganger, especially The Double.

The more I think about it, the more I think that is my favorite DA album.
04-17-2003 11:50 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

one tune that may seem a bit "obscure"-
"Angels must smile like That"
that ascending melody-
I really like Lady Goodbye for a similar reason.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-17-2003 11:58 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
bigboycying
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 02-24-2003

I don't know if they're his best, but I like his vocals on a lot of Songs of the Heart -- he sounds a lot like Lou Reed, ala New York.
04-17-2003 12:47 bigboycying is offline Send an Email to bigboycying Search for Posts by bigboycying Add bigboycying to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

BB-
I was thinkin- my hand to God....
but went for the more melodic side-
I love SOTH vocals all the way through- and agree-
its as much poetic speak as sing.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-17-2003 14:55 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

i forgot about Lady G. That is excellent!

04-17-2003 15:00 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

The Earth Household

04-17-2003 15:24 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

I agree with most of what's been said so far, I'm sure there are more too, but these are a few off the top of my head.

Walls of Doubt
Only One (from Shirley Goodness...)
Eleanor It's Raining Now
Virgin Falls (heh heh not really) Actually I like Terry's vocals on just about ALL of Kahloun
As long as I live

BD
04-17-2003 21:33 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Eleanor! Yes!!

04-17-2003 21:35 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

i would vote: Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. Soon
2. Where Dreams Come True
3. Beautiful One
4. The Double
5. Heart & Soul

To say the least! Big Grin

Oh yah! He sounds really great on the tunes he did for "Come as a child!" heh heh heh!!
04-18-2003 00:32 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Soon! Yes!

04-18-2003 00:56 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Theo

Oh yah! He sounds really great on the tunes he did for "Come as a child!" heh heh heh!!

what a tease!

so, when will we be able to hear him on "caaconaa"?

04-18-2003 01:44 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's best vocals

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH