Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Outbid » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Outbid
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Outbid Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just got outbid on Daniel Amos self titled CD. My wife would kill me if I went over $25.00. Oh well, next time.

04-24-2003 00:25 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

o.k. o.k. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
I just got outbid on Daniel Amos self titled CD. My wife would kill me if I went over $25.00. Oh well, next time.

here is what you can do Wink

get a PayPaL account,

fund it throught your secret stash checking account,
( U have oNe right? Roll Eyes )

then BiD away... then when you WiN pay with paypal,

easy... Big Grin Roll Eyes

04-24-2003 08:21 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Thread Starter Thread Started by dorfsmith
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin

04-24-2003 09:04 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that goes for like $100 right? Confused Shocked

04-24-2003 11:44 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Aloha's Bus Driver
unregistered

I got outbid on two seperate Alarma Chronicles sets - I could only go up to 60 bucks, and one is at 66 while the other is well over 100.

Man, I can't catch a break, and I want the Alarma Chronicles!!

Anybody have a spare set they'd sell me at a decent price???

~ Jeremy
04-24-2003 12:01
Ubique Epoque

it's a spendy item! Crying

04-24-2003 15:58 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Aloha's Bus Driver
unregistered

I guess I'll never get it then. I can't afford to spend that much money on a couple of CD's - I know it's great music, but with my finances the way they are right now, I just can't justify spending that much on a luxury item.

Oh well. I'll go sit in the corner and pout. Frown

~ Jeremy
04-24-2003 21:52
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

Always buy when the stuff first gets released. It's the only way. Sometimes the cash is tight when it first releases, but at least you don't have to pay 3, 4 or 5 times the price later.
04-25-2003 10:21 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Aloha's Bus Driver
unregistered

Therein lies the problem.

My experience with DA was limited to Kalhoun for about nine years, and then I picked up a cassette of Songs of the Heart. Both good albums, but I didn't really begin to appreciate how awesome DA was until last year. But that was long after AC was released and it glows with warmth for those of us who are still relatively new to DA, since almost all of their library (except for MBD and Personal Favorite Worldwide Hits) are all outta print.

It leaves no room for the fan base to really grow. Without the backing of a big label, we won't ever see new prints of the old stuff. I'm not blaming the band, I mean, Terry said himself that he isn't rich, so there's really no way for us to get the old classics without paying out the nose.

And for some of us, that just isn't possible.

*returns to the corner to pout*

~ Jeremy
04-25-2003 11:51
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

25 bucks is cheap for that cd. It is well worth it. NOrmal cds are going for 19 bucks.

It is worth at least $50 in good condition.

The cd did have extra tracks on it and was a good sound quality.
04-29-2003 10:53 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

$25 is cheap for that CD.

05-03-2003 09:42 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Thread Starter Thread Started by dorfsmith

Next time I'll bid $50.00

05-03-2003 11:14 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by brd2yrmother
Always buy when the stuff first gets released. It's the only way. Sometimes the cash is tight when it first releases, but at least you don't have to pay 3, 4 or 5 times the price later.

yup.

I made this mistake too many times in the early to mid 90's when I was tired of christians and needed a break! Wink

05-03-2003 11:53 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Just don't make the mistake again. Big Grin

05-03-2003 18:44 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Mark was here.

05-04-2003 08:57 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Have a great day!

05-04-2003 09:46 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Buy something from the DA webstore and Andysangelsrecords today! Support two good causes!

www.danielamos.com/store

www.andysangelsrecords.org

05-04-2003 13:17 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Outbid

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH