Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Something that bothers me? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Something that bothers me?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

Something that bothers me? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

On a more serious note.. I've often heard , and also read in scripture that once we are in Heaven we will have no need for our spouse's. That sort of bums me out if it is true..She is my soul mate and I really could not imagine living without her for the rest of eternity. I'm not talking about worshipping her.

Any other insight on this?
07-03-2003 15:35 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I asked a similar question on another thread about spouses in heaven.

07-03-2003 16:10 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Marriage at the Resurrection

23That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24"Teacher," they said, "Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27Finally, the woman died. 28Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"
29Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31But about the resurrection of the dead--have you not read what God said to you, 32'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'[1] ? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."
33When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching.

That's what Jesus had to say about it. So make of it what you will...

07-03-2003 16:45 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

It's not always what WE want to hear.

~Groucho~
07-03-2003 16:48 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

To quote Chief Wiggum from The Simpsons: "Yeah, well, the Bible says a lot of things."

Evil

07-03-2003 16:56 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by HEMISPHERICALHEADS

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic

23That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24"Teacher," they said, "Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27Finally, the woman died. 28Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"
29Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31But about the resurrection of the dead--have you not read what God said to you, 32'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'[1] ? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

Yes I like that..Well it's not really that I like it , but I can relate to it. But , my humaness does not want to accept it. It is very difficult to digest. I guess I was sort of hoping that someone would come up with the little unknown verse that would show a different light. I guess I'm only fooling myself.
07-03-2003 23:15 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

As a side note. I would gather that I would know her in heaven for eternity, it's just that the relationship would be much different?
07-03-2003 23:17 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Does it do things any good to think that whatever the goodness you have found in your wife will be dwarfed in heaven by whatever the replacement is? The relationship now is just a poor shadow of the relationships in heaven? Wow, We say, "Come, Lord." He says, "Soon."

07-03-2003 23:17 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
Does it do things any good to think that whatever the goodness you have found in your wife will be dwarfed in heaven by whatever the replacement is? The relationship now is just a poor shadow of the relationships in heaven? Wow, We say, "Come, Lord." He says, "Soon."

good words.........Pleased

07-03-2003 23:19 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Yeah , I know..It's just so hard to fathom in the flesh. This is all we know. I personally have issues about what to expect in heaven. I trust that all will be well.
07-03-2003 23:21 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Trust Him, that all will be well. Think of how good He is to us here, and that, in spite of the sinful world we live in, we notice and rejoice in it. Heaven's gonna be, well, out of this world. Which is what's going to make it so wonderful.

07-03-2003 23:25 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Trust Him, that all will be well. Think of how good He is to us here, and that, in spite of the sinful world we live in, we notice and rejoice in it. Heaven's gonna be, well, out of this world. Which is what's going to make it so wonderful.

boy it's a spirit filled posting night.......

PRAISE GOD!

07-03-2003 23:36 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
I know , He is so good to me in spite of my horrible ways. No more getting up at stinking 3:30 AM to go to work. Mad
07-03-2003 23:49 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by HEMISPHERICALHEADS
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic

Yes I like that..Well it's not really that I like it , but I can relate to it. But , my humaness does not want to accept it. It is very difficult to digest. I guess I was sort of hoping that someone would come up with the little unknown verse that would show a different light. I guess I'm only fooling myself.

That is very hard to take if you really think about it. We cannot fathom the replacement. That's why everyone "can't wait" to see their spouses and relatives in heaven. We love them to the depths of our souls in the best love we humans can comprehend, and to not have it the same in heaven just doesn't seem right. That's why so few realize or ignore the verse.

07-06-2003 12:17 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

how is this on-topic??? Confused

i wish i was a.... Crying Crying Crying

Happily Married Man

from the album "Maranatha! Country Roundup"
Words and Music by Terry Scott Taylor
Cowboy Billy McBride and the Ghost Writers
©1978 Twitchen Vibes Music

I don't cheat on my woman
There's no adultery in my heart
So this song might not be sordid enough
To get it on the country charts
Now, clean livin' might not sell records
But I ain't lookin' for any fans
When I say I love my darlin' wife
And I'm a happily married man

Now, if I had a lover waitin' in every town
I'd have enough songs for an album
Tellin' how I fooled around
But I can't write about a two-timin' life
Like some of them superstars can
I may not have a hit but in spite of it,
I'm a happily married man

Happily married man, signed, sealed and faithful
From the beginning that's the way
The Good Lord had it planned
And when it comes to being hitched
I'd rather fight than switch
That is why I'm takin' a happily married stand

Yes, divorce has gone big business
To play around is really in
People dress it up and call'em love affairs
When God just calls it sin
What they need is the Good Lord's guidance
The foundation of his mighty hand
To bind a happily married woman
To a happily married man

Happily married man, signed, sealed and faithful
From the beginning that's the way
The Good Lord had it planned
And when it comes to being hitched
I'd rather fight than switch
That is why I'm takin' a happily married stand.

Cool
07-06-2003 12:23 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Mark Mark is a male

More shameless posting brought to you by Mark

07-06-2003 12:48 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

i pour my heart out and you reply with that??? Frown

Cool
07-06-2003 22:45 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

Then why is divorce such a big issue? It doesn't make sense if it's only for this brief lifespan.
07-06-2003 23:51 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

good point.... although, like i said before.... if i had to spend all eternity with my ex, might want to see what the "other place" is like..... Red Face

Cool
07-06-2003 23:54 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

my ex was actually a lot of fun. I wish she hadn't runnoft
07-06-2003 23:59 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Something that bothers me?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH