Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » i got a keyboard...and i feel serious... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page i got a keyboard...and i feel serious... 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
josh josh is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 12-05-2004

i got a keyboard...and i feel serious... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

all laughter aside, there is a time for everything.
a drunk can have the most sober conversation...
and he won't remember to tell anyone what you've shared unless it's written.
DA. more than a band....
i appriciate honesty...especially from Christians.
tell me of a hard lessons learned. tell me of heartache and redemption.
i need to hear more.
tell me of victory over terrible obstacles and include every feeling along the way.
i need to hear more...
tell me of how the Lord saved you from the world and yourself.
even the darkest story may stir hope in a person....with a good or bad ending....because the writer lived to tell and presses on.
so tell me, Christian.
i will be silent.

12-05-2004 22:51 josh is offline Send an Email to josh Homepage of josh Search for Posts by josh Add josh to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I do not think it's my place to decide if I am a Christian or not.

Glad to have you aboard Josh! WelcomePleased

12-05-2004 22:55 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
josh josh is a male
Normal Noggin

Thread Starter Thread Started by josh
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thanks for an honest answer.

12-05-2004 22:58 josh is offline Send an Email to josh Homepage of josh Search for Posts by josh Add josh to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Ask an honest question....

12-05-2004 22:59 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

I think Ohio is slowly taking over the DAmb! Big Grin

Howdy, Josh.

I can't give you all them high-falutin' answers your looking for. I haven't found all that yet myself!

12-05-2004 23:01 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Just between you and me, Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by josh
all laughter aside, there is a time for everything.
a drunk can have the most sober conversation...
and he won't remember to tell anyone what you've shared unless it's written.
DA. more than a band....
i appriciate honesty...especially from Christians.
tell me of a hard lessons learned. tell me of heartache and redemption.
i need to hear more.
tell me of victory over terrible obstacles and include every feeling along the way.
i need to hear more...
tell me of how the Lord saved you from the world and yourself.
even the darkest story may stir hope in a person....with a good or bad ending....because the writer lived to tell and presses on.
so tell me, Christian.
i will be silent.

I need to hear more too, Josh.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 12-05-2004 23:05.

12-05-2004 23:04 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I am going to bed now Josh. For what it's worth I will pray for us both.

12-05-2004 23:08 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Coffee Addict
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 07-21-2003

The more I learn the less I know. I do know God loves us all Cool

Donnie Darko
12-05-2004 23:27 Coffee Addict is offline Send an Email to Coffee Addict Search for Posts by Coffee Addict Add Coffee Addict to your Buddy List
josh josh is a male
Normal Noggin

i tried to. sorry. it's just that some people seem to have peace.
some are lost,some are found,i am a Christian but i guess i must be in the wrong place.
i feel real bad most the time although the spirit of the Lord lives in me.
had trouble growing up, i was abused in 'Christian schools',but i do not doubt the saviour,
i was accepted in the world, i love music...and i don't want to live without alcohol.
this sucks,i know, and it a great way to make an entrance into my favorite band's message board, but i'd rather save the lolly pops and flowers untill after the rain has passed.
i mean...go to church--will people be as honest with you as the ones at the bar?
no. at least not in my experience. my parents never told me about all the things they were....to me they and everyone preceding them were angels. now it's this generations turn....and look at it. i'm not right and i admit that. this generation will be worse than ever...this generation needs honesty.the art world needs honesty....so i'll start--i'm an alcoholic.i've got a false god set up between me and my creator....but i really just wanted to get rid of that terrible feeling....either the people i know have it all together or won't be straight up with me about the struggles of their past. we need painful,honest answers.
humility. email me if nothing else....but what comes to your mind when you see a clever statement on a church billboard? does it draw you in?really??

12-05-2004 23:31 josh is offline Send an Email to josh Homepage of josh Search for Posts by josh Add josh to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
some are lost,some are found,i am a Christian but i guess i must be in the wrong place.
had trouble growing up, i was abused in 'Christian schools',but i do not doubt the saviour,
i was accepted in the world, i love music...and i don't want to live without alcohol.
this sucks,i know, and it a great way to make an entrance into my favorite band's message board, but i'd rather save the lolly pops and flowers untill after the rain has passed.
i mean...go to church--will people be as honest with you as the ones at the bar?
no. at least not in my experience. my parents never told me about all the things they were....to me they and everyone preceding them were angels. now it's this generations turn....and look at it. i'm not right and i admit that. this generation will be worse than ever...this generation needs honesty.the art world needs honesty....so i'll start--i'm an alcoholic.i've got a false god set up between me and my creator....but i really just wanted to get rid of that terrible feeling....either the people i know have it all together or won't be straight up with me about the struggles of their past. we need painful,honest answers.
humility. email me if nothing else....but what comes to your mind when you see a clever statement on a church billboard? does it draw you in?really??

The only thing I disagree with in this post is that "...this generation will be worse than ever..." Go through history, or the Old Testament. People have always been people. Since the Fall, every generation has struggled with what you are struggling with.

I think everyone on this board is struggling with some of the same feelings you are. I'm not alcoholic, but I've got my own idols in my life. It's a daily thing and I don't expect it to end in this life.

I'll pray for you. That God leads you and that you have the courage to follow. Not for the struggle to end, but for you to have the strength to keep struggling.

And, BTW, the church signs do nothing for me, and would probably drive me away if I was searching for a church.

12-05-2004 23:45 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Coffee Addict
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 07-21-2003

No church slogan or catch phrase draws me in. I might be the wrong person to talk to because I see most churches as being completely fake. I see the art world as being fake as well and pretty much most of the people I know on a day to day basis. Everyone is an actor trying to put the right spin on themselves to act like they are winning the game of life. They try to impress each other with big cars and expensive toys and fake boobs. They live a lie.

To be honest, the people at this messageboard are the most real people I have ever known and that is what caused me to stay here. When my first wife left me I had suicidal thoughts. My Christian friends were uncomfortable with that. The church shunned me. I was extremely low and had no peace whatsoever and yet God was there and he loved me and when I look back I see his hand guiding me along the way.

I do not know exactly where you are in your life but I will say that I have been extremely low in my life and I think that that is when God has the most power to work in our lives. We are weak but he is strong. Things are going pretty well in my life right now but honestly, there is not a day that goes by that I don't struggle.

I will keep you in my prayers. I mean that.

Donnie Darko
12-05-2004 23:45 Coffee Addict is offline Send an Email to Coffee Addict Search for Posts by Coffee Addict Add Coffee Addict to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Welcome, josh!

You've come to the right place to be honest! We've all been quite honest around here and it's amazing what I'm learning about my gracious, Heavenly Father. I too have experienced major struggles with "churches" (and in my daily life). I put it in quotes because I truly believe that church is the body of Christ, as in the people, not the building. Yes, I believe we need to be in fellowship with other believers, but unfortunately and sadly, there is not much more than surface relationships in most church settings in America. Having said that, and after struggling most of the summer with church, I finally decided to go back. I've learned that I can't put my trust in the church. I can't lean on the church. Eventually, I may make a friend or two, but I don't count on it. What I can count on is that I can put my trust and faith in Christ and He will never let me down. Sometimes, I go to church and leave there elated because people actually approached me and talked to me. Sometimes I go and leave eleated because I approached people and they responded well to me. And then other times I go and come home slightly depressed because no one approached me or I approached people and met some apparent resistance from the people I approached. I have learned that when this happens, I just need to pray for those people to mature in Christ. It will happen in His timing, or I'll mature a little more. And the biggest thing that I try to remember is, I may have given up on the church, but I'm not giving up on God!

Anyway, I know I've been kinda vague here, but it's late and I don't have much time tonight. Hang around and you'll get to know some of us a little better.

Glad you're here! And I'll be praying for you to be able to get that god out of your life so you can experience true freedom in Christ! Wink

btw, those church signs are a joke, most of the time. Usually they are just trying to "sell" their church. Roll Eyes

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
12-05-2004 23:50 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
josh josh is a male
Normal Noggin

thank you all very much. i've not been to 'church' in 10 years. but what does church really mean? ....love.... the mark of a christian. fellowship. not a big building,not a budget, but people living everyday with struggles,salvation...and love for one another.
it's rare.
don't be so hesitant to share your trouble with those around you. i'm ashamed already,but people need.
i believe it's how God works anymore--through the members of his body.the true church.
tell me, are you desperate to breathe?to live? the time is given you. this seems hypicritical coming from me but it's true.i'm just stuck with my head right now.
go struggle and love..... desperatley....and take a slap in the face.
hi. this is my intro. pleased to meet you fine people.
thanks for the prayers as well...i've no other church.

12-06-2004 00:08 josh is offline Send an Email to josh Homepage of josh Search for Posts by josh Add josh to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

A few words from my experiance...

Currently I flat with 3 people who I also go to church with. Most of my social interaction is with people from church too. When you are in other christians lives constantly they (and importantly you) do not have a chance to be fake. Christianity becomes real life not a theory proposed on sunday and ignored on monday. From this it goes over into my workplace with non-Christians.

That is currenlty....

In the past I was in a church and again most of my social interaction was with them - yet they were fake. Very much a church-wide case of "hide the beer the pastors here" On sunday their hyper-holy super-saint masks would go on. What bummed me out was that I bought into the hypocrisy and masked myself too - the pain my marriage was in but i could not share (except once). That place nearly burned out my faith but God would not let me go (Through the music of TST...)

I did not go to church regularly for four years. In that time all christians I saw, to me, were hypocrites. My life was pain so how can they say God is great? God ignores us so how can they worship Him? I saw foibles and faux-pas and sin and said to myslef hypocrites...

It seems that the common thread in my observations of all the churches I went to in that time was me and my attitudes and my bias and my pain.

Then four years out of church I found my current one and have been happy there for four years. Seeing people fail, seeing people succeed, seeing the politics, seeing the sacrifice and humility.

Staying on the edges of a church you see the edges of people, being in the body is where you hear the heart beat loudest - and feel the pain of when the body is sick too....

12-06-2004 03:41 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Welcome, josh. I pray Christ will be your strength in your struggles.

You have found a place where people are very honest, compared to most situations. I know local congregations can be very difficult, with people putting on a show for others. It's very human. Adam hid from God, & we've all been hiding ever since. Some people hide in their supposed righteousness; some people hide in their busyness; some people hide in their pain. Ecclesiastes says, "God made men upright, but they have sought out many devices. (7:29)"

I'm sure you're tired of the games (I know I am at my church), but have patience. After all, we are all in some ways the weaker brother. Many people are at a place where complete honesty would be a terrible shock to their faith, & we must love them by giving enough honesty to help their faith to grow stronger without giving so much that they retreat further into their hiding place, further from the place God desires to draw them. We can't hurt our brothers just because we know something they have not learned yet.

But you can be honest here. I think I can safely say you will find no judgement here.
12-06-2004 08:12 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
josh josh is a male
Normal Noggin

God bless you all and your concern. i'm glad i've found a place where ugly honesty is accepted....i will say no more because i'm drunk again and i don't want to regret what i might say. lifes tough,but you have to face it. i'll try again tomorrow. i'll reply sober.heh heh. thank tho lord for the grace that covers us....so undeserved.

12-07-2004 00:25 josh is offline Send an Email to josh Homepage of josh Search for Posts by josh Add josh to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

aman.

12-07-2004 10:15 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

josh, it sounds like you've come to the right place... most of what you said above, i've experienced or may even be feeling now..
right now, i am trying to walk with Jesus again. it's hard, when everyone around me is not...
a doctor telling me 2 months ago, to stop drinking or die, sure helped...lol Pleased at least i haven't drank for almost 2 months! and i've gone to church 4 weeks in a row....
i went to aa for like 2 years, that did not help at all.. well, maybe a little..
i went to Bible college even, that did not change me... i dropped out... but i can read a little of the Greek New Testament....lol Wink
but i am living with a woman i am not married to... we are engaged and have gone to church together every week lately.......

rambling....

JESUS is the answer!
this world is fallen and it .sucks!!!!!!!!! Crying
this board is full of honest and sincere people................. Smile

Cool
12-07-2004 11:29 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

HI Josh, welcome aboard. Life should suck here, cause we weren't made for this place. I fit here like I fit in the womb. It was okay for what it was, but we are made for more than that. (Switchfoot is coming to mind here). ANyway, I ache for heaven, sometimes more than others. I think at those times I am in the place I should be, then again, when I'm not so achy I can do more for Him. Anyway, right now is both crap and goodness. There's my Grandmother's funeral just 4 days ago, financial trouble through my own mismanagement, daughter's serious bullying struggles at school. And yet there is hope. My wife loves me, even carries me through these hard times, baby boy on the way. Job looking good into the future. Anyway, we all struggle, we all ache to live just a little more, to feel just a little more, and we're glad to be here for each other to share it all. You've definitely come to the right place. Ignore or enjoy our foolishness, and join in when the place seems right. More of God's blessings on you.

12-07-2004 18:30 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"someday you will ache like i ache....... " :Courtney Love......

Cool
12-07-2004 23:23 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » i got a keyboard...and i feel serious...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH