Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New CCM Lists..... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New CCM Lists.....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

New CCM Lists..... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dr. Tony Shore called me today and was telling me about the new 25th anniversary issue of CCM. Well in it they have all sorts of lists, among them are "The 100 Albums You Need To Own" (or something like that), not one DA, or Terry album listed. I know this should not surprise me, but it sure the #%^$#@ bugs me. I may pick up the issue just to have the lists so I can see who
they all picked. Like Tony said it would be like saying, "Ok let's list the top 25 rock bands of all-time and leave The Beatles off. Now I know Terry could care less about this stuff, and I really (really?) don't care either but, give me a *&%$#@ break.
06-27-2003 16:18 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Write letters.
e-mails.

PROTEST!

EVERYONE who's a fan should write letters to CCM and complain....................really, that kinda stuff works, and it makes them sit up and pay attention.

Just one way to get rid of the 'grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' feelings, too.

Gee, I wonder if the Tuxedo Clad Megastar made the list????????????????

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

06-27-2003 16:24 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
neo
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-410.jpg

Registration Date: 06-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ccm sucks.... Red Face

06-27-2003 16:24 neo is offline Send an Email to neo Search for Posts by neo Add neo to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Mad What a joke!Mad

~Groucho~
06-27-2003 16:52 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

keep in mind that the Beatles sold a lot of records.
06-27-2003 17:07 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
Write letters.
e-mails.

PROTEST!

EVERYONE who's a fan should write letters to CCM and complain....................really, that kinda stuff works, and it makes them sit up and pay attention.

Just one way to get rid of the 'grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' feelings, too.

Gee, I wonder if the Tuxedo Clad Megastar made the list????????????????

the Tuxedo Clad Megastar , Grant , Chapman , Smith , all the biggies for sure! It's not right for me to dog them ,and really in a way I am not , it's just that it's all shallow . Nothing to truly make you think. What a bummer..Could someone provide an email address to check out the list? And then respond? We should all do this. This is crazy. It's almost like comparing Norman Rockwell to the guy who creates art at his PC..
06-27-2003 17:28 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

quote:
Originally posted by brd2yrmother
keep in mind that the Beatles sold a lot of records.

There are plenty of Highly influential artist's who did not sell alot of records. "It takes time for great wine." I know what you were getting at though....
06-27-2003 17:31 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

I don't know that CCM cares too much about quality or influence. It's all about those dollar signs baby.
06-27-2003 17:32 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

I'd encourage you to read an essay David Edwards wrote about the Christian music industry. Simply put, people are Christians, entities are not. Business is business and even if it's run by Christians - no money no product. Terry and the gang don't do this for free either.

So, I know a CCM list should represent the watershed moments, but I still remember how excited a lot of people were when Amy Grant had a platinum record. Wow, she's making inroads in the "real" world.

What a silly notion. There are a bazillion great bands on either side of the cross who haven't sold very many album. Does that mean when Justin Timberlake sells more records than the Gaithers the Devil is winning?

What the hell am I going on about.

'nuff said.

Yeah, and Marvel rules!

JtT

It's a bidness dabit

06-27-2003 18:13 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Justin isn't a believer?

That is a very good essay by DE.

06-27-2003 18:17 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Ya know... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I get as Mountain Dewed about the "industry" and its shallowness as the next guy--

But after awhile, nobody's gonna give a rip down here about any of this--even the Beatles--and the only thing of lasting importance will have been what it all meant to our lives as we soaked it up and felt that much closer to heaven.

And we get to take that with us!!! I doubt very much that the "industry" will make it. Shocked
06-27-2003 18:21 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

CCM is going to the lower pit?

06-27-2003 18:23 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Yah... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

and CCM is already in that garbage dump outside the Jerusalem walls!!!!! [trash talk] Cool
06-27-2003 18:25 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Seriously tho' Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My local CCM Station (which I don't listen to) is one of the largest, most profitable stations in the country. It is headed by old friends of mine--friends who knew Andrew when he was a baby/toddler.

I met with them personally, showed them Zeller's AAR film and gave them CDs. Do you think any bit of this project has heard the light of airplay?

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Evil

And yet, what do I expect?!?

These people just don't DAmb get it!
06-27-2003 18:28 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

06-27-2003 18:41 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Hey Theo! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You know y'r beautiful when y'r angry? Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-27-2003 18:43 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

I'll bet that they get it totally, but program directors are a breed apart. Truly - luckily I've had no interaction with them but I remember a great story about the program director for a major radio station whose brother's band was breaking wide open across the country but his station was one of last to pick it up.

Radio is great, and all - but I can count on one finger the number of times I listen to CCM on the radio. I have no idea where these "rock" charts come from as I've never heard rock on the radio.

So, it's to the net, and delete bins in the bookstore to see what's out there ...

06-27-2003 19:29 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

CCM glows with warmth Red Face

06-27-2003 20:35 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Woolly Eggwhisk

Lame. CCM glows with warmth. You know why it glows with warmth, cause what we like hasn't sold a gagillion units, and is largely overlooked while bands we have little artistic respect for sell like crazy ... sound like the regular music biz?

Of course, the only CCM that doesn't suck of course are bands like The Choir, DA, TST, 77's, Common Children, Dime Store Prophets, Mark Heard, Guardian, Steve Taylor, David Edwards, Randy Stonehill, Bride, Halo, Rick Altizer, Mike Roe, Bruce Carroll, Black Eyed Sceva, Larry Norman, Petra, The Banos, Theo ...

But other than that it glows with warmth.

Give me a break. Listen to it if you like it, don't if you don't.

Don't go throwing out the baby with the bathwater. This is an business, and if it wasn't for CCM I'd never have heard of DA.

06-27-2003 20:53 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

CCM still sucks!
Used to be different....CCM used to have good stuff like... Sweet Comfort Band, Bryan Duncan, Dallas Holm, The Imperials, Keith Green, Don Francisco, David and The Giants, Old Rez, Quickflight, Vector and 77's. Yeah if it wasn't for old CCM you'd never would of heard of DA. But the new stuff just glows with warmth. Big Grin

06-27-2003 21:00 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New CCM Lists.....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH