Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Old concert dates » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Old concert dates
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mcmopar
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 06-30-2003

Old concert dates Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I couldn't help but notice as I looked at the timeline that a concert date in Melbourne Florida was missed. My wife and I attended this concert with a fellow coworker and his wife. I am going to try to find out the exact date. We bought the t-shirt that reads "Doppelganger Tour '84". Perhaps some other fans were there as well? Let's try to narrow this date down. I distinctly remember hearing the band talking about their instruments being stolen sometime prior to this concert and the band being somewhat apologetic in case they didn't sound as good as they should since they were playing somewhat unfamiliar instruments. I took pictures but they are nothing to write home about really. I do remember it was a fine concert, and unfortunately, the only DA concert I have ever attended. My wife and I both hope to attend another one someday, Lord willing.
06-30-2003 16:47 mcmopar is offline Send an Email to mcmopar Search for Posts by mcmopar Add mcmopar to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Didn't Jerry & Terry's guitars get stolen just before Live Bootleg '82? How many times did they have their instruments stolen?? Shocked

07-01-2003 08:18 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
mcmopar
Normal Noggin

Thread Starter Thread Started by mcmopar
old concert dates Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm not sure how many times they may have had instruments stolen but I do remember them saying that all of their stuff had been stolen - not just the guitars - because I distinctly remember a mention about the bassist playing a different bass.
07-01-2003 08:59 mcmopar is offline Send an Email to mcmopar Search for Posts by mcmopar Add mcmopar to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that sucks! Crying

07-01-2003 09:01 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Hey, mopar man Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You wouldn't happen to be familiar with THIS guy, would you?

Slaid Cleaves -- Philo/Rounder Recording Artist -- Austin Music Award Winner -- Americana Radio Chart-Topper -- Road Dog & Mopar Mechanic

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-01-2003 11:46 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
mcmopar
Normal Noggin

Thread Starter Thread Started by mcmopar

Nope - never heard of him. Is he someone you know?
07-01-2003 13:27 mcmopar is offline Send an Email to mcmopar Search for Posts by mcmopar Add mcmopar to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Only via CDs and a half-dozen or so live appearances (and a couple babbling-starstruck fool discussions with him at same). Not Christian, but clearly knows SOMEthing.... and his stuff speaks to me plenty.... Seeing him again in another couple weeks, in fact.... he just wrapped up recording his next album (finally -- been 3 years since Broke Down, which got some significant airplay for quite awhile).... Anyway, I saw "mopar" & thought of his song "Skunk Juice" and his multitude of tales about touring the country in a '74 Dart.... he's upgraded to a van these days.... Big Grin .... Anyway, check him out if y'r so inclined....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-01-2003 13:59 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

DA concerts are great!

07-01-2003 20:05 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

quote:
DA concerts are great!

07-02-2003 00:46 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Big Grin

07-06-2003 12:27 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

More shameless posting brought to you by Mark

07-06-2003 12:46 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Old concert dates

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH