Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Audiori - are you back from C-Stone now? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Audiori - are you back from C-Stone now?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

Audiori - are you back from C-Stone now? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi - It's good to see you here. How was the fest? did you sell a lot of goodies?
07-07-2003 00:48 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by brd2yrmother
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hmmmmm....already gone. That sucks.
07-07-2003 00:49 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, we're back now.. got home yesterday evening.

The festival was a lot of fun as always.. the guys did some great shows. Seeing Steve Taylor again was pretty wild.. it's been way too long.

The video clips played at the mainstage were pretty cool.. lots of DA and the 77s were shown. In fact, there was one entire segment during the birthday celebration about the Lost Dogs that showed a bunch of DA, 77s, Adam Again and Choir video from various years. It was also nice of Bono to send his "Happy Birthday Cornerstone" message.

Sales were probably lower than previous years in general - but not too bad considering we were there for a shorter time and we didn't have new DA/Terry or 77s/Roe titles. We did sell lots of DOgs DVDs, Strawmen CDs and Come As A Child. It seemed like there was fewer people walking through the merch tent than normal.. not sure why that was.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-07-2003 12:57 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

What did Bono have to say?

As part of my U2 addict recovery program, I'm only allowed a passing interest in news items involving the members of the band. Please keep details to a minimum and for God's sake don't make it sound interesting.

My MedicAlert bracelet says, "If found unconscious, please administer Bullet The Blue Sky, 10cc and Love Is Blindness, 8cc.

August 2005
07-07-2003 15:30 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Administrator

Bono (on a video, put together by Steve Taylor) talked mostly about DATA (http://www.datadata.org), but started his message off by wishing a happy 20th birthday to Cornerstone.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-07-2003 16:42 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Nice!

~Groucho~
07-07-2003 16:45 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Just went to the DATA site.

Can I just say, I'm stoked that President Bush made at least the effort to play Bono's Reindeer Games?

Love 'em both.

August 2005
07-07-2003 18:19 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by brd2yrmother

What about Steve Taylor? Is he going to put out some new tunes? That would be very cool.
07-08-2003 00:00 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Administrator

He says hes recorded a bunch of demos, but has no immediate plans to make a record.

He is heavily involved in several film projects though. "Saint Gimp" is pretty much dead for now it sounds like, but I think he's finishing one that he did with Ben Pearson and getting ready to start another one. Not sure how they will be released.

07-08-2003 00:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

I was able to talk to Steve Taylor a little and he did indicate he had some recordings, but, you could just tell that doing music wasn't a high priority. I'd be very surprised if we ever see anything more (recording wise) from Mr. Taylor. Too bad too, cause, he put on a great 7 song show.
07-08-2003 05:50 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Mick? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

He clearly ripped off Mick Jagger at his concert posing, pouting, gesturing, overacting with his wild hair. His songs were not the new wave of his early days but loud hard rock, even the rendition of 'I want to be a clone'. Then the social activism. Arghhh.

Sorry, not my speed.

07-08-2003 06:47 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Audiori - are you back from C-Stone now?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH