Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Grammies? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA Grammies?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

DA Grammies? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tim Chandler mentioned being invited to the Grammy awards. I have a bunch of the most recent Grammy nominies on my desk to catalog; the library buys them all these days & I pick out the CCM ones because others sometimes miss that little detail in the subject headings.

I listen to a very few of them because it's the only time I hear them. New Map of the World by the Paul Colman Trio is really good; I'd never heard of them until this CD came in.

Still, it's not as good as Mr. Buechner's Dream. That made me wonder why that album wasn't nominated for a Grammy? Does it require more lobbying than they're interested in wasting time on? Have the people who choose the nominies not even know about it?

These are serious questions. I'd like to know how such excellence goes unnoted. I'm not sure why I care. A great band is a great band, with or without awards.
07-10-2003 10:04 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Daniel Amos deserves a boat load of grammys Red Face Big Grin

07-10-2003 10:05 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Grammiess are slightly better than the dove awards in recognizing art but for the most part they choos the bands with sex appeal. Back in the day when terry was working out and women (as well as men) wanted him DA could have received a grammie (is that even hou you spell it or is it grammy? Oh wait that's what my wife calls her grandma) Big Grin

07-10-2003 10:07 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

He meant the "Grahamies". They give out graham crackers to the best unrecognized bands! Big Grin

~Groucho~
07-10-2003 11:49 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
The Grammiess are slightly better than the dove awards in recognizing art but for the most part they choos the bands with sex appeal. Back in the day when terry was working out and women (as well as men) wanted him Big Grin

Shocked

Bold emphasis added

07-10-2003 12:35 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel Syme

Still, it's not as good as Mr. Buechner's Dream. That made me wonder why that album wasn't nominated for a Grammy? Does it require more lobbying than they're interested in wasting time on? Have the people who choose the nominies not even know about it?

These are serious questions. I'd like to know how such excellence goes unnoted. I'm not sure why I care. A great band is a great band, with or without awards.

There is absolutly no question in my opinion that Mr. Buechner's Dream is a landmark DA album. The heck with the awards. It seems like the albums that will last through time better are the ones that go a little less "noticed." We'll see....
07-10-2003 14:50 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Confused

Cool
07-10-2003 14:51 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

I got a grammy once.

It cost me 40 dollars and it was mostly dust, skunk and seeds. There were like 2 decent buds on it.

I'm glad I quit when I did, though.

Did you know that a grammy costs like 80 bones now?

August 2005
07-10-2003 14:59 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
I got a grammy once.

It cost me 40 dollars and it was mostly dust, skunk and seeds. There were like 2 decent buds on it.

is this any sort of indicator of some of the extra "goodies" at the l.a. bbq? Pleased

Cool
07-10-2003 15:12 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
I got a grammy once.

Yeah , I hear you.. I was once into Grammies myself at one time pretty heavy too...Only made me dumb.
07-10-2003 18:07 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

LOL That was all just too funny.

07-11-2003 00:36 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

Well, we shall just have to give DA their own grammy:

07-11-2003 10:26 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Grammies?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH