Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Complaining: » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Complaining:
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Come As A Child Reviews: Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How great is it?

August 2005
07-15-2003 19:35 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Kris Kringle
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 10-03-2002

On behalf of RPeters Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow........WOW!!!!!
TO, this is one beautiful project. From the incredible music, to the amazing packaging, to the great liner notes, to the awesome purpose of the project.....I can't say enough good things!! I'll definately be telling my friends & relatives about this! And I love what Theo did with his song -- big difference from the "Suffer The Children" EP (and *that* was amazing). I like this version that much more.

Kudos all the way around. Theo should be proud of his "baby". I am happy also to see TST give a special thanks to Jeff Elbel.

07-15-2003 21:16 Kris Kringle is offline Send an Email to Kris Kringle Search for Posts by Kris Kringle Add Kris Kringle to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So, Mr. Kringle, will I find this in my stocking this year?

Hmmmmmmmmmm??????????

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

07-15-2003 23:06 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 08-28-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well I just ordered mine and I can't wait to get it.

So tell me are the Mike Knott and Mike Roe songs good?

I'm always looking for more new stuff from my favorite Mikes.

gone, gone with God, but gone
07-16-2003 00:40 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by rob 3.0
So tell me are the Mike Knott and Mike Roe songs good?

yes.

07-16-2003 01:29 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
ProdigalDog ProdigalDog is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 05-20-2003

The reviews of this sound awesome. I would love to order it today but as it is, I have 3 things on order from the webstore for which I have been waiting for some time and they still have not come. On top of that, when I send emails to inquire about my orders I don't get any reply.

I think this "support the band because we are all one big happy family" thing is nice but it seems to be a one-way street. The only 'family resemblance' I can see is that placing an order at the webstore is like loaning money to your deadbeat brother-in-law. Who knows when, or if, you will ever get it back.

And, yes, I am in a bad mood today. But I still want (and deserve to get) what I have already paid for.
07-16-2003 06:13 ProdigalDog is offline Search for Posts by ProdigalDog Add ProdigalDog to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

The Mike Roe song is not a new song. It was on Demonstrations Of Love.

07-16-2003 06:41 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

quote:
Originally posted by ProdigalDog
The reviews of this sound awesome. I would love to order it today but as it is, I have 3 things on order from the webstore for which I have been waiting for some time and they still have not come. On top of that, when I send emails to inquire about my orders I don't get any reply.

I think this "support the band because we are all one big happy family" thing is nice but it seems to be a one-way street. The only 'family resemblance' I can see is that placing an order at the webstore is like loaning money to your deadbeat brother-in-law. Who knows when, or if, you will ever get it back.

And, yes, I am in a bad mood today. But I still want (and deserve to get) what I have already paid for.

order it from the andys site then, I got it in a couple of days.

07-16-2003 11:06 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

mines on this thread Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cornerstone 2003 Big Grin

I got to hear it LiVe Pleased

07-16-2003 11:30 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:

All regular orders are going out now - we're pretty quickly getting caught up. This problem has been posted on the store page, by the way - so you shouldn't have been surprised about not getting a response immediately.

The entire cause of this current mess (being behind on email and orders) was caused by the fan clubs and Prickly Heat. The fan clubs have really out-grown the way we've been doing them... in the past, we just did it on the side with whatever little free time we had. Over the last couple of months, we had to do all three fan clubs at once + the Prickly Heat discs + regular store orders + other CD work that was sent our way. It was way too much.

We are making arrangements to make sure this never happens again. We'll probably post details soon.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-16-2003 14:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

audiori,

I ordered tribuite to DA and Tribuite to Gene last week, do you know if orders placed then are on the way??

Driver8

07-16-2003 14:14 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
audiori,

I ordered tribuite to DA and Tribuite to Gene last week, do you know if orders placed then are on the way??

Driver8

Probably not yet, but will be soon. I'm currently working on everything that was held up all the way up to today's date for the DA store. All of that should be shipped out within a few more days.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-16-2003 14:29 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:
audiori,

Driver8

Probably not yet, but will be soon. I'm currently working on everything that was held up all the way up to today's date for the DA store. All of that should be shipped out within a few more days.

CoolCool

07-16-2003 14:39 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
ProdigalDog ProdigalDog is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 05-20-2003

quote:
audiori,

What about orders placed in May and June?
07-17-2003 05:36 ProdigalDog is offline Search for Posts by ProdigalDog Add ProdigalDog to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:

What about orders placed in May and June?

Any unshipped late May or June orders started shipping as soon as we got home from Cstone.. should have the last of those shipped out within a couple of days. We're working overtime on this to get them out as fast as possible.

07-17-2003 14:03 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

AUdi Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OVERTIME?
I SEE-
YOU GO TIME AND A HALF FASTER
AND WORK TIME AND A HALF LONGER SO
THEY ARRIVE TIME AND A HALF LATER.

(Just kidding here-take a breathe deep- you fell right into that one)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-17-2003 14:23 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso
quote:

order it from the andys site then, I got it in a couple of days.

I agree with both of you. Big Grin Got mine from TheoLand Saturday, and have been digging on it since. It very much has a Terry-solo vibe to it (some of which is obvious, having several TST solo tunes on it from him & others)....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-17-2003 14:30 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

VERY TERRY Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In one of our earliest planning sessions, Terry and I discussed our akin desire to have the heart of K&I on this project. And whadda know--my first stop was to record my songs with Terry and Rob Watson. From there on out, Terry and Rob worked very closely together. Terry says the old magic was right there once again. Rob's fingerprints are ALL over this thing.
07-17-2003 14:35 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

You don't mean that there is a heavy polka influence, do you?
07-17-2003 14:47 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Administrator

quote:

I think this "support the band because we are all one big happy family" thing is nice but it seems to be a one-way street. The only 'family resemblance' I can see is that

It goes both ways when we send free tshirts... send free CDs.. do things like the Prickly Heat or Hodgepodge discs which do not necessarily make the guys a lot of money, but make something interesting available to you. Or the fan club discs... they definitely do not make the guys a lot of money, takes countless hours to put together - especially difficult in the face of the other work we have to do - all to make music available to you that otherwise would not be. If we were just about making money - these things would never happen.

quote:

placing an order at the webstore is like loaning money to your deadbeat brother-in-law. Who knows when, or if, you will ever get it back.

There has never been an order placed that was not shipped. Most of the year, orders are shipped within 24 hours. We are behind now because of the fan club stuff and Prickly Heat. We were behind for a little while at the beginning of the year because our father was in the hospital. You are forgetting an awful lot of history if you are claiming that we are always behind. That would be an absurd claim.

It's sort of like the complainer that is upset that Prickly Heat was so late and says something like "Everything you guys ever release is late"... forgetting that 12 out of the 14 major DA/Dogs/TST/77s releases in the last year were either on time or early.

07-17-2003 15:39 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Complaining:

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH