Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Led Zeppelin and DA Together in SF » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Led Zeppelin and DA Together in SF
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Led Zeppelin and DA Together in SF Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

this past Saturday!!!

Well, sorta...

Phil Madeira and Robert Plant joined Buddy Miller in a great set at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival. Emmylou and one of the McCrary sisters joined them on stage as well. It doesn't get much better than that.
10-05-2009 13:21 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wish I coulda been there for that. Cool
10-05-2009 20:47 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Good for Phil!

...but he never was a member of DA. Just sayin'....

10-06-2009 08:03 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

RE: Led Zeppelin and DA Together in SF Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

if it had truly been all surviving members of both bands i would have bought a plane ticket and met you there, bixby............

but i'm sure it was still great! Cool

Cool
10-06-2009 11:21 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

how was phil doing? his website wasn't updated since spring 2006?! hopefully he's just really busy.

and buddy ... bouncing back after the heart attack?

i was a bit disappointed by the pace of Raising Sand and didn't buy it. did they do a more upbeat set with emmylou? she was pretty good with knopfler not that long ago (i got that CD for br).

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-06-2009 15:30 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thread Starter Thread Started by baxter

I didn't talk to Phil, but he looked like he was really enjoying himself on stage.

Buddy's guitar playing and singing were powerful. His was possibly the best set of the whole week-end (and there were many, many great ones).
He does look like he has aged over the past year (facially).

Buddy's set was very fast paced at times. His gospel songs with McCrary were on fire (Shelter Me, Higher Power, etc). I stood next to Mike Farris. His toe only tapped on the Plant songs, but mine was going the whole time
(just like that dragonfly that was between us).
10-06-2009 15:45 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

I would be happy with DA getting back together.

10-06-2009 18:49 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Led Zeppelin and DA Together in SF

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH