Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Permission to record » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Permission to record
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jefflv jefflv is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 03-28-2004

Permission to record Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sup, all!

We're trying to get permission to record "I've Got An Idea". We've contacted John Feavel (the person listed for SE legal) several times over the last 3 months but no replies.

Any ideas? Who else should we talk to? It's for an indie artist release.

Thanks!
Jeff Vannest
04-20-2004 11:45 jefflv is offline Send an Email to jefflv Search for Posts by jefflv Add jefflv to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Try Jason and Eric....... audiori@DanielAmos.com they may be able to point you in the right direction Cool

but I think the record company may own the rights to the song......so you may have to get thier permission.

I'm not sure who has legal possession of Terry's songs Confused

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by JR88: 04-20-2004 12:12.

04-20-2004 12:11 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

just record it-
They'll never come after you.

(Oh, by the way I'm writing this from PRISON!!!)

In honesty- yer going about it the right way.- To be up and up- you should get written permission from someone.... and I would think JF is the place to start.

Well - if it helps- you have my permission......

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-20-2004 12:12 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

I don't think JT is working with DA anymore Frown

04-20-2004 12:14 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Mad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think those losers at KMG own the rights to this one, that's why it hasn't been re-released...

so, go ahead and record it! Big Grin

04-20-2004 12:21 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
I don't think JT is working with DA anymore Frown

Nope.

04-20-2004 12:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Yeah send us a note and we will forward it to Terry
or write to Terry@danielamos.com

All you really would need to worry about is who owns the
Publishing (which Terry would know) since you would not
be releasing the actual original recording the band made
for the album - that copyright would be owned by possibly
a different person.

When we produced the DA tribute CD, all we had to deal
with was the Publishing and at the time it was owned
by Benson Music Group for the songs we used. Some
of the Publishing for other albums is owned by Terry, KMG,
and various other groups.

An example is Horrendous Disc which I believe Terry owns
the publishing to, but Larry Norman owns the copyright
to the recorded album. So the band can't release the
album on their own, but they could rerecord the songs
and make a new recording. But no one else could rerecord
them without Terry's permission.

JT Feavel is no longer involved.

Jason and Eric

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-20-2004 12:50 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Yeah send us a note and we will forward it to Terry
or write to Terry@danielamos.com
JT Feavel is no longer involved.

Jason and Eric

Don't know the details (and probably don't want to). But it does seem somewhat as there is a missing link. But I'm pretty ignorant as to the "business". Confused

God, bless Terry, J & E, and whoever else is taking on this part of things. Let Terry and co. be financially and organizationally blessed in ways he/they never imagined possible. Let any of this that falls on Terry not distract him unduly from making great music and exercising the greatest gifts that you have given him. Smile )

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-20-2004 14:39 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

AMEN!

I thought the grand pedobino owned all of Terrys music?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-20-2004 15:18 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Terry is in charge, we support him however we can.
Tom Gulotta is helping with at least on thing we know,
and there are various other fans and people that are supportive.
Terry appreciates all the support he gets from everyone here,
through promoting the shows and attending them.
And the constant prayers and encouragement.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-20-2004 15:23 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
AMEN!

Roll Eyes Tongue

04-20-2004 16:31 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
AMEN!

He sold it to yoko ono to make money for his trial.

04-20-2004 16:33 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
quote:
AMEN!

He sold it to yoko ono to make money for his trial.

Roll Eyes

04-20-2004 16:38 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jefflv jefflv is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 03-28-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by jefflv

Excellent! Thanks, everyone!
04-21-2004 07:47 jefflv is offline Send an Email to jefflv Search for Posts by jefflv Add jefflv to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Isn't Terry Taylor a wrester? Wink

04-21-2004 09:41 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Tongue Roll Eyes

04-21-2004 10:06 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Dennis
Hey I own the rights to that photograph, what do you think you're doing?
I didn't give you permission to show that.......Aw what the heck, go ahead.
Also tell Sean I still have his photo....

Commander
04-21-2004 10:15 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Joe,

Yeah I think Sean knows you still have his. I really like the signed one I have at home! That was very nice of you.

Are we gonna meet up some time? Confused

dennis

04-21-2004 10:17 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
Hey I own the rights to that photograph, what do you think you're doing?
I didn't give you permission to show that......

You just want the Beer Mug picture back! Shocked

04-21-2004 10:18 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Tongue

04-21-2004 10:45 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Permission to record

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH