Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » OK, this is a dumb question, but I gotta ask » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page OK, this is a dumb question, but I gotta ask
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

OK, this is a dumb question, but I gotta ask Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What is Neverhood a soundtrack TO?
12-20-2004 08:22 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool A dumb (but correct) answer... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Neverhood.

& Skullmonkeys & Boombots &... well, go to the DA homepage and read for yrself....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
12-20-2004 08:25 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Aqua Green Toupee
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What's a Boombot?
12-20-2004 08:29 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's a bot that goes boom.

And, to preclude the next question, a Skullmonkey is a monkey with a skull. Tongue

12-20-2004 08:55 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Theres a guy named Doug Tennapel that has created a PC
video game called the Neverhood.
Then later, he created a sequel on the Playstation called Skullmonkeys,
and then a third installment on Playstation called BoomBots.
He also created a Saturday Morning Cartoon called Project Geeker,
and a Japanese cartoon called Goodie Bear, and an unreleased
movie called Mothman. Since he is a big Terry Taylor/Daniel Amos
fan he has had Terry to do the soundtracks to these games
cartoons and movies.

The Imaginarium CD set is a compliation of all the video game
soundtracks. 100% Terry, but nothing like any of his albums.
The liner notes Terry wrote talk about the whole working with
Dreamworks story..

Terry and Doug are currently working on a Nickelodian project
together called Catscratch. For updates on Catscratch check Doug's
forum, theres also a section on Neverhood and how to get it to
run on Windows XP.

Terry actually has a whole set of alternate world fans from these
projects... Smile

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-20-2004 10:15 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Tongue

12-20-2004 11:22 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Aqua Green Toupee

Kinda sorry I asked.
12-20-2004 11:26 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Yes, but it's good that Terry's fan base expands, he gets business
on nice projects and some noteriety among creative channels.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-20-2004 11:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Not to mention it's some of the coolest stuff he's done Tongue

12-20-2004 11:37 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Amen. Big Grin

It's ultimate coolishness. Cool

12-20-2004 11:44 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

If you were not convinced that Terry is a genius, Imaginarium will convince you.

Or send you running out of the house, screaming.

One of the two. Red Face

12-20-2004 14:23 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Grand Encephalon

Pleased

12-20-2004 15:14 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
If you were not convinced that Terry is a genius, Imaginarium will convince you.

Or send you running out of the house, screaming.

One of the two. Red Face

Maybe both? Pleased

12-20-2004 16:35 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
PuP

Have I told this story yet?

1989, I got a copy of OE from that Word music club and loved it. At the time I had not heard of Terry Taylor or DA and had no idea at all about the Eddies' past.

Fast-forward ten years or so and I'm installing PCs for pharmacists to order from a pharmaceutical wholesaler. The pharmacists had no desire to use the PCs any more than necessary, so I got to keep the CDs that came bundled with the PCs.

That's how I received a copy of the Neverhood. I used to play it with my daughter and the rest of the night we'd all be humming these songs from the soundtrack. We couldn't get them out of our heads!

So we got stuck in the game and I found some fansite on the Web with clues. They also had a link to Stunt records to buy the original Neverhood Songs which led me to danielamos.com and a whole new world opened to me! Smile )

And I still sing "Homina Homina" on occasion! Big Grin

12-20-2004 21:34 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
Have I told this story yet?

1989, I got a copy of OE from that Word music club and loved it. At the time I had not heard of Terry Taylor or DA and had no idea at all about the Eddies' past.

Fast-forward ten years or so and I'm installing PCs for pharmacists to order from a pharmaceutical wholesaler. The pharmacists had no desire to use the PCs any more than necessary, so I got to keep the CDs that came bundled with the PCs.

That's how I received a copy of the Neverhood. I used to play it with my daughter and the rest of the night we'd all be humming these songs from the soundtrack. We couldn't get them out of our heads!

So we got stuck in the game and I found some fansite on the Web with clues. They also had a link to Stunt records to buy the original Neverhood Songs which led me to danielamos.com and a whole new world opened to me! Smile )

And I still sing "Homina Homina" on occasion! Big Grin

I had no idea Pup... that's a great story! Pleased

12-20-2004 21:41 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Wow pup, that is awesome Pleased

12-20-2004 21:47 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
PuP

And what do I have to show for it? A CD collection and a message board addiction!

Tongue

12-20-2004 22:36 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Yup! Tongue

12-20-2004 22:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
And what do I have to show for it? A CD collection and a message board addiction!

Tongue

You make it sound like that's a bad thing... Tongue

12-21-2004 21:50 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Grand Encephalon

Tongue

12-21-2004 21:51 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » OK, this is a dumb question, but I gotta ask

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH