Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » So, eh, let's say Camarillo asked you what you'd like to see from The Eddies » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page So, eh, let's say Camarillo asked you what you'd like to see from The Eddies
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

So, eh, let's say Camarillo asked you what you'd like to see from The Eddies Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

First, I'd say "anything, and before I die, please".

Second, I'd love to see an Eddies take on the concept album. "Mr. Ed's Dream Home" or sommin'like's dat.

Suggestions, questions, comments?

DwD
02-26-2004 21:51 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I'll go for broke... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. Something other than ZD (not really a normal Eddies in my book but still great) or SC (have to be in the right mood). More of the lighthearted/upbeat tone of Let's Spin.
2. Make sure they keep their nom de plumes this time.
3. Make sure Arthur Fhardi has a big role. (I really like his work!)
4. Get Spot back. (I really miss him, last saw him on Surfonic.)
5. Something other than the evil televangelist theme.
6. Not too much of Camarillo's OE vibratto please.
7. Add a new Eddie perhaps?
8. More production than the garage sound of SC.
9. Creative; different than anything we've ever heard.

02-26-2004 22:48 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

RE: I'll go for broke... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe

3. Make sure Arthur Fhardi has a big role. (I really like his work!)

Butt, please no "scratch & sniff" CD inserts...

Roll Eyes

02-26-2004 23:36 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Space Ghost
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 02-07-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

>>Add a new Eddie perhaps?<<

Call it part 'hunch' and part 'from the horse's mouth', but I wouldn't be surprised if a certain Mr. Boat Ashore joined up with the Eddies when they reconvene (whenever that may be).

SG

Makes the color of right

Gravity and distance
Change the passage of light
Gravity and distance
Change the color of right

02-27-2004 01:01 Space Ghost is offline Send an Email to Space Ghost Search for Posts by Space Ghost Add Space Ghost to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I saw Mike Roe with the eddies and he was awesome!Smile )

Mike Stand was really good too! Pleased

02-27-2004 09:14 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Perhaps a sitire on American culture rather than Christian culture would be nice. Bush League type lyrics.

An outdoor elvis sound that takes you on a real trip...and leaves you begging for more (even though there are 20 something tracks) Tongue

On a side note, I'd like to see Terry do a TST CD along the lines of Zoom Daddy.

02-27-2004 10:21 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Hehehehehheeehahahahhahhaahhhoooooo....cough...ha....

Sorry there is a bit of irony here. Camarillo has recently contacted us...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-27-2004 11:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Hehehehehheeehahahahhahhaahhhoooooo....cough...ha....

Sorry there is a bit of irony here. Camarillo has recently contacted us...

Tease... Mad

02-27-2004 13:12 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

now why'd you have to go there? you polynesians are always getting my pavlovs dripping.

was that inappropriate?

August 2005
02-27-2004 13:15 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
First, I'd say "anything, and before I die, please".

Second, I'd love to see an Eddies take on the concept album. "Mr. Ed's Dream Home" or sommin'like's dat.

Suggestions, questions, comments?

DwD

Play something GOOD! Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
02-27-2004 13:15 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Keep your suggestions coming.... seriously....

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-27-2004 13:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

A mix of Let's Spin's funky rock style, and OE's gritty pop stylings.

02-27-2004 14:05 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by DwDunphy
Well, we need more details on the life of Ed Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So, Ed takes a vacation... Alright.

Perhaps he found a cutie and is getting cold feet about asking her out. It's like the Eddies version of ELO's "The Diary Of Horace Wimp".

How about a song titled "How Would You Know I'm Not Lying When You Don't Believe A Word I Say"?

I'd dig that!
DwD
02-27-2004 14:33 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Truthfully, I kind of was serious....

Between going on four years of nearly nonstop Country Terry (and all the "schtick" that goes with that), Terry's declaration of the idea of him trying to continue doing rock music as "ludicrous" on the Dogs DVD, and those two truly awful Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor releases, this one scares me.

In short (and to reiterate), I don't care WHAT they do, so long as it's done well. It would just kill me if went through all the trouble to put out a new Eddies album that was nothing more than sloppy self-parody.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 02-27-2004 14:35.

02-27-2004 14:34 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by DwDunphy
But Seriously... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What I loved about "Outdoor Elvis" was the economy of the songs. There were so many of them on that disc and yet most seemed thoroughly complete, that addition or subtraction to them was totally unnecessary.

Admittedly, the bizarre nature of "Attack Of The Pulpit Masters" needed to be short because extended versions are just beating the guy that just beat the dead horse, but "Tiny Town", "Hide The Beer..." and "Billy Graham" are all just long enough.

Contrast that with "Zoom Daddy" which, by and large, really is a DA disc with Dave Raven instead of Ed McTaggart... I love both recordings to pieces, but thematically speaking, "Zoom Daddy" is more like "Songs Of The Heart" than anything from The Eddies before or since (barring perhaps the extra tracks on "Berry Vest" which probably were recorded concurrently).

DwD
02-27-2004 14:39 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I am a follower of the good Dr. and his last two sermons were wonderful. What's the matter with you carl??? Big Grin

02-27-2004 14:44 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm starting to wonder myself.... an outcast among outcasts.... Crying

02-27-2004 14:46 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

RE: But Seriously... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
What I loved about "Outdoor Elvis" was the economy of the songs. There were so many of them on that disc and yet most seemed thoroughly complete, that addition or subtraction to them was totally unnecessary.

Admittedly, the bizarre nature of "Attack Of The Pulpit Masters" needed to be short because extended versions are just beating the guy that just beat the dead horse, but "Tiny Town", "Hide The Beer..." and "Billy Graham" are all just long enough.

Contrast that with "Zoom Daddy" which, by and large, really is a DA disc with Dave Raven instead of Ed McTaggart... I love both recordings to pieces, but thematically speaking, "Zoom Daddy" is more like "Songs Of The Heart" than anything from The Eddies before or since (barring perhaps the extra tracks on "Berry Vest" which probably were recorded concurrently).

DwD

Amen Good Sir! Cool

02-27-2004 14:51 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by carl
I'm starting to wonder myself.... an outcast among outcasts.... Crying

You're "starting" to wonder? Tongue

02-27-2004 14:51 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by carl
Truthfully, I kind of was serious....

Between going on four years of nearly nonstop Country Terry (and all the "schtick" that goes with that), Terry's declaration of the idea of him trying to continue doing rock music as "ludicrous" on the Dogs DVD, and those two truly awful Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor releases, this one scares me.

In short (and to reiterate), I don't care WHAT they do, so long as it's done well. It would just kill me if went through all the trouble to put out a new Eddies album that was nothing more than sloppy self-parody.

I bet Terry already has at least half the tracks written and we will be astounded when they see the light of day! (Like I was with MBD).

I probably love the country Terry slighly more than his other incarnations, but I am looking forward to the next Eddies project as much as I looked forward to past LD, DA, and TST. I will take anything I can get.

I thought going with a more "Psalms" type record was pretty cool on NCT but I miss some of Terry's Eddies-style wittiness and outright zanyness!
02-27-2004 15:42 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » So, eh, let's say Camarillo asked you what you'd like to see from The Eddies

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH