Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Name of Hidden Track on MBD? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Name of Hidden Track on MBD?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kennethx66
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-26-2002

Name of Hidden Track on MBD? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Does anyone know if there is an official name for the hidden track on MBD?
07-29-2002 07:45 kennethx66 is offline Send an Email to kennethx66 Search for Posts by kennethx66 Add kennethx66 to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I hate hidden tracks!!! 15 minutes of silence then someone breaks in and goofs off! Audio Adrenanline does lots of them.
Sometines they are funny, though.
MBD's sounded good, but it was a long wait. I like the last song, "And so it goes" so I won't program it it skip the track.
It's back to the green room with me.........

07-29-2002 09:23 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't know if this is the actuale title, but this has been posted a few times...(don't even ask me if the spelling is correct)

highdy ho

Big bop B,
poopy-doo pie band
hippy kai, hippy kai, here we go again
Polka-dot town 'roun double back chin,
Dumble aye, Tumble aye, How ya'll been
say highdy ho, taekwon do
suck back ticky tack, jus' whatta you need
say highdy ho,
Sloe-eyed Joe gonna bear a great wind
Greg, Tim, Terry and Ed
slap back ticky tack, just whatta you know
say highdy ho, B bop B, B pie band
Hippy kai, Hippy kai, here we go again
Polka dot tie 'roun double neck chin
Gumble aye, tumble aye, How you been
say highdy ho, taekwon do,
slap back ticky tack, jus' whatta you know
say highdy ho,
Sloe-eyed Joe gonna bear great winds
Greg, Tim, Terry and Ed say highdy ho
taekwon do, slap back ticky tack,
just Whatta you know...
"Ya just gotta get it out once in a while you know"
07-29-2002 09:32 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
I hate hidden tracks!!! 15 minutes of silence then someone breaks in and goofs off! Audio Adrenanline does lots of them.
MBD's sounded good, but it was a long wait. I like the last song, "And so it goes" so I won't program it it skip the track.

Dude, what's wrong with hidden tracks? If you don't like waiting for 'em, just don't listen to 'em.
My favorite hidden track is on Steve Taylor's "Squint," at the end of "Cash Cow." It's actually "Act III" of the song, but it comes several minutes after the rest of it.
07-29-2002 10:19 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve

Dude, what's wrong with hidden tracks? If you don't like waiting for 'em, just don't listen to 'em.
My favorite hidden track is on Steve Taylor's "Squint," at the end of "Cash Cow." It's actually "Act III" of the song, but it comes several minutes after the rest of it.
The problem is in how i do most of my music listening. I do a great deal of data analysis at work and like to listen to tunes on my headset while I do it.
So, I'll be listening to an album for the first time, but it's in the background. I'm happily doing data crunching after I think the Cd has ended, then all of a sudden someone starts screaming someithing silly in my ear. Sometimes it makes my heart jump.
Another time it kind of bites is when entertaining dinner guests I'll put on an album. Again, it sounds like the CD player has stoppe, but I know that isn't right because I've got it on shuffle and there are 5 CDs in the tray. I hear silence and think at first the CD player is on the fritz, then I realize it's a bonus track. So, I get up and press the shuffle button........

07-29-2002 10:31 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

I'm not keen on hidden tracks after long silences either. Hard to do the 5 disc shuffle (which I often do.) Why can't they just make an extra unlisted track? Other artists do it. So you have 12 tracks listed but there's a 13th track on the CD. That's the way to do it!

-- taotp
07-29-2002 12:29 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

imho Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

to me-"and so it goes" could have had
a 17-1/2 minute fade- I think they chopped the end of that tune (personally)
I wish there was a way to loop it and let it fade 1 decibal at a time.
butI can see the point with hidden tracks- the worst of which is on Jars of Clay debut-a bit of sillyness- a quite cool song (that you cant extrapolate-sic) then more nothin........nearly

Hey-I guess they got a right..
jiMiNy
07-29-2002 12:37 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by jc
a 17-1/2 minute fade- I think they chopped the end of that tune

i agree

np(imh): "i want you (she's so heavy)"

07-29-2002 12:46 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Originally posted by jc
a 17-1/2 minute fade- I think they chopped the end of that tune (personally)
I wish there was a way to loop it and let it fade 1 decibal at a time.
butI can see the point with hidden tracks- the worst of which is on Jars of Clay debut-a bit of sillyness- a quite cool song (that you cant extrapolate-sic) then more nothin........nearly

Hey-I guess they got a right..
jiMiNy

That's a cool idea.

-- taotp
07-29-2002 13:12 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Howsabout like the Bootlevel CD, where the hidden track is before track one? You have to "rewind" the CD back before
track one to hear it.. it wouldn't even show up on a shuffle
because it has no ID before the track at all.

Eh?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-08-2002 10:45 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Howsabout like the Bootlevel CD, where the hidden track is before track one? You have to "rewind" the CD back before
track one to hear it.. it wouldn't even show up on a shuffle
because it has no ID before the track at all.

Eh?

Five Iron Frenzy's "All The Hype That Your Money Can Buy" CD has a hidden track like that... and it's a really stupid one too...
08-08-2002 10:47 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee

Five Iron Frenzy's "All The Hype That Your Money Can Buy" CD has a hidden track like that... and it's a really stupid one too...

Rick Altizaer's blue plate special has a rewind hidden track too.

Ten minutes
08-08-2002 16:34 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Where? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just bought blue plate special at teeniefest (lifest) but I can't find that track, at least not on computer. It only shows 12 tracks and I can't backtrack.

Also slightly irritating was the posted track order - completely messed up in media player. Can I thank KMG for this?

08-08-2002 17:44 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
I just bought blue plate special at teeniefest (lifest) but I can't find that track, at least not on computer. It only shows 12 tracks and I can't backtrack.

Also slightly irritating was the posted track order - completely messed up in media player. Can I thank KMG for this?

While listening to track one you would have to push the rewiund button so it goes from one second intothe track to negative 2 or 3 minutes.

The outside of my copy (from BMG) has a totally different listing than the actual tracks.
08-08-2002 17:55 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Galactic Cowboys - Space In Your Face has two hidden tracks with spaces in between each one.

08-08-2002 18:03 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BD
I don't know if this is the actuale title, but this has been posted a few times...(don't even ask me if the spelling is correct)

highdy ho

Big bop B,
poopy-doo pie band
hippy kai, hippy kai, here we go again
Polka-dot town 'roun double back chin,
Dumble aye, Tumble aye, How ya'll been
suck back ticky tack, jus' whatta you need
say highdy ho,
Sloe-eyed Joe gonna bear a great wind
Greg, Tim, Terry and Ed
slap back ticky tack, just whatta you know
say highdy ho, B bop B, B pie band
Hippy kai, Hippy kai, here we go again
Polka dot tie 'roun double neck chin
Gumble aye, tumble aye, How you been
say highdy ho, taekwon do,
slap back ticky tack, jus' whatta you know
say highdy ho,
Sloe-eyed Joe gonna bear great winds
Greg, Tim, Terry and Ed say highdy ho
taekwon do, slap back ticky tack,
just Whatta you know...
"Ya just gotta get it out once in a while you know"

Cool

05-06-2004 14:10 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

I like on Little Red Riding hood they have about 6 tracks of 30 seconds of silence before the hiden track.

That way on random you get 30 seconds of silence every now and again - it doesn't stand out too much.

05-06-2004 16:11 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

Space in Your Face Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ah, but the "space" between the regular songs and the hidden songs (one of which is hidden in negative time to one of the tracks so you can't simply jump to it) is being put in your "face". They mock the hidden track concept like a monkey mocks my ability to hang by my prehensile tail.

<RANT>But I too loath the hidden track. Part of my freelance work involves reviewing many local CDs. It's almost a rarity when a band DOESN'T feel compelled to slap on some stupid/silly/inane ditty or studio goof-off-ery after a few minutes of silence. Even rarer still is the band who realizes that it's better to put out ten well recorded/played/written songs lasting under 40 minutes than to pack out the 70+ minutes of the CD with filler songs they would normally play well after the bar patrons were fully under the influence... Not everyone can pull of a MBD of all killer songs so the rest of the world should just hang it up now! </RANT>
05-11-2004 15:21 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Name of Hidden Track on MBD?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH