Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs - Mutt - Release Info » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Lost Dogs - Mutt - Release Info
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

The Lost Dogs - Mutt - Release Info Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Lost Dogs, lo-fidelity, and Fools Of The World present "Mutt", the 7th studio album from the Lost Dogs. As reported earlier this spring by the band, the Lost Dogs headed to Nashville where they entered Neverland studios and recorded songs by each of their bands: 77's, Daniel Amos, The Choir - and even a brand new song written by Terry Taylor and Steve Hindalong of The Choir.

"Mutt" will be available on tour from the band and from www.lo-fidelity.com beginning June 29, 2004 and from www.thelostdogs.com starting July 12, 2004. (Please visit the Lost Dogs site for tour info.)

The track list for "Mutt" is as follows:

IF YOU WANT TO (T. Taylor)
Originally recorded in 1991 by Daniel Amos on "KALHOUN"

THE LUST, THE FLESH, THE EYES & THE PRIDE OF LIFE (M. Roe)
Originally recorded in 1986 by The Seventy Sevens on "77'S"

LIKE A CLOUD (S. Hindalong/D. Daugherty)
Originally recorded in 1994 by The Choir on "SPECKLED BIRD"

GRACE IS THE SMELL OF RAIN (T. Taylor/J. Chamberlain)
Originally recorded in 1993 by Daniel Amos on "MOTOR CYCLE"

SUNSHINE DOWN (M. Roe)
Originally recorded in 2002 by Michael Roe on "SAY YOUR PRAYERS"

TO COVER YOU (S. Hindalong/D. Daugherty)
Originally recorded in 1989 by The Choir on "WIDE EYED WONDER"

IT'S SO SAD (M. Proctor)
Originally recorded in 1982 by The 77's on "PING PONG OVER THE
ABYSS"

AIN'T GONNA FIGHT IT (T. Taylor)
Originally recorded in 1976 by Daniel Amos on "MARANATHA! 5"

BEAUTIFUL SCANDALOUS NIGHT (S. Hindalong/D. Daugherty)
Originally recorded in 1991 for "AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS"
Also recorded in 2000 by The Choir on "FLAP YOUR WINGS"

I'M SETTING YOU FREE (BUT I'M NOT LETTING YOU GO) (T. Taylor/S. Hindalong)
(brand spankin' new "steam still comin' off of it" song)

The cost of the CD will be $15.00 (plus shipping). There will be no pre-orders and ordering and shipping will begin promptly on June 29, 2004.

More info and hopefully an interview with the band about the making of the record is still to come....watch the lo-fidelity site for more info as we get it.

thanks again for supporting independent music...

jeffrey k.
6/5/04

06-05-2004 11:33 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

woo hoo

but no Adam Again on the list... Frown
06-05-2004 11:36 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Platyhelminth

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

IT'S SO SAD (M. Proctor)
Originally recorded in 1982 by The 77's on "PING PONG OVER THE
ABYSS"

interesting choice
06-05-2004 11:37 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Haha cool.

Yeah when we sent our suggestion list we kinda left the Adam
Again section slim... we just were not real sure about it.

Maybe they were not real sure how to adequately represent
Gene's work themselves.

I am glad the guys got this done and sounds like they are happy
with it. Should be pretty incredible.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-05-2004 11:39 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Haha cool.

Yeah when we sent our suggestion list we kinda left the Adam
Again section slim... we just were not real sure about it.

I am glad the guys got this done and sounds like they are happy
with it. Should be pretty incredible.

Hey guys....I'll be sending you an email in the next few minutes with some info about the record and all, so look for it if you have a chance. Hope you are doing well.

jeffrey k.

06-05-2004 11:41 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

in the words of Jiminy..........

Its the bomb!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-05-2004 11:45 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

No problem Jeffrey.

Can't wait for this release to be out. Sounds like a really great
release and a really great idea as well.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-05-2004 11:47 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
No problem Jeffrey.

Can't wait for this release to be out. Sounds like a really great
release and a really great idea as well.

I'm really excited too...this is gonna be a cool record.

jeffrey k.

06-05-2004 11:54 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.

I'm really excited too...this is gonna be a cool record.

jeffrey k.

will it be on CD too?

I don't have a record player anymore. Tongue Wink

(someone was going to say it, might as well be me)
06-05-2004 11:56 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Beautiful! I cannot wait. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

06-05-2004 12:31 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sounds good, but no alarma chronicles/dfbb songs? Confused Frown

06-05-2004 12:42 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I dont think Derri was willing to power gel his 'do again.........
ya gotta go easy on what you got left at his age.....

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 06-05-2004 14:09.

06-05-2004 14:00 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

This is exciting news, and at the same time somewhat sad too. Good that there's another album, and sad that it's on such a small market label. No offense intended at all to lo-fi - very good releases with quality product. It's just so small, with limited distribution. Which makes me wonder if the boys have tapped the vein and there's no real label interest for them.

Happy / Sad.

06-05-2004 16:35 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I see what you mean Jev-
but for us "getters" its good news.

And what do you do?-all we can do is spread the word, so to speak.
Viva la Mutt!

06-05-2004 17:23 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Oh I'll do what I can have no doubt. Word of mouth etc. I was playing the live DVD the other day at a friend's party, and they were all blown away. So I'm telling them where to go buy etc.

J.

It is good for us, but I wish they were more than our little secret.

06-05-2004 17:29 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I can't wait. How did I miss this thread earlier today? Confused

06-05-2004 20:17 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

SWEEET!!

...wish the playlist was longer, though....
06-05-2004 20:41 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

me too

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mark: 06-05-2004 20:42.

06-05-2004 20:41 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! as BD used to say Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Eleanor
woo hoo

Cool

06-05-2004 21:24 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thank You Dogs! And Thank You Mr. K! Hope to see you at Cornerstone!
Commander
06-05-2004 22:49 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs - Mutt - Release Info

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH