Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Horrendous Disc » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Horrendous Disc 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Horrendous Disc Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Every article I read which refers to HD has a different reason why it was delayed for three years.

I thought I'd put a thread here to collect references to this period of history as an excercise in... something. Futility? Historical research? Excessive fan interest?

Here's the first.

11-05-2004 13:28 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
eddie p eddie p is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 09-30-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The delay had to do with Larry Norman. Daniel Amos were on Solid Rock , Norman's record label. From what I've read Norman was having trouble getting distribution for his label. Also he had several different projects going at once with Randy Stonehill and Mark Heard and Tom Howard and Daniel Amos all having recorded albums at pretty much the same time. I think Larry just bit off a little too much there, especially since he had so much trouble trying to even get his own stuff distributed and have it not be banned in the Christian bookstores.
It was more like two years though because it was supposed to be released in '78 with Randy Stonehill's The Sky Is Falling. When DA and Stonehill went on tour(The Amos and Randy tour) the country DA fans were left confused because they hadn't heard HD yet and they were expecting to hear Happily Married Man and stuff like that. So it wasn't only DA's album but Randy's and God knows who else's record that was delayed. I know DA and Randy's album came out in '80. But I tell you what. For those two albums it was well worth the wait.
I think Larry tried to do something he's no good at. Running a record label.

11-05-2004 17:05 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think it's funny how Larry goes on and on about Terry's weird ideas for the HD cover, and then makes a record where he is nude on the cover! Roll Eyes

11-05-2004 17:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i have no desire to see that! Mad

Cool
11-05-2004 17:35 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

It was nearly three years actually.. Sessions for HD
started in March of 78. It was most likely completed by
sometime that summer since the finished album was
heard by people in August of 78.

It was, as the article says, released in April of 81... weeks
before the release of Alarma!.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-05-2004 17:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

It's pretty weird!

He is "wearing" a lion image Roll Eyes

11-05-2004 17:36 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
eddie p eddie p is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 09-30-2004

So Long Ago The Garden is my favorite Larry Norman album. I t was done in 1973, years before DA recorded HD.
He just sort of became the thing he didn't like about the business I guess.
Where did you read about him going on about the wierd ideas?
I just bought that album again on vinyl a month or two ago.

11-05-2004 20:18 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by joey
i have no desire to see that! Mad

don't look now

his latest version (#6 or 7 for this album) released in 2003 is not so revealing

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Eleanor: 11-05-2004 20:32.

11-05-2004 20:29 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

There's an even newer version now. It has better sound.

11-05-2004 20:43 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jparker jparker is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 04-23-2003

new versions... blah Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is that the "new super secret belgium-only double-remix version with exclusive edits and fades"? i love larry's music, but sometimes he is so completely ridiculous.
11-06-2004 09:02 jparker is offline Send an Email to jparker Search for Posts by jparker Add jparker to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of jparker: jeff_parker@mac.com
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Yes it is, it has slightly different shade of green lettering
on the disc as well. Shocked

I like Larry's music, but basically quit buying his reissues. There
is just too many. I buy his CDs if they are something I
never had before, thats still quite a few.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-06-2004 09:48 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by eddie p

Where did you read about him going on about the wierd ideas?

In the liner notes of HD.

11-06-2004 09:56 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! RE: new versions... blah Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jparker
Is that the "new super secret belgium-only double-remix version with exclusive edits and fades"?

Shocked LOL! Tongue

11-06-2004 09:57 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Horrendous Disc

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH